"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Seriously considering a resort only trip but doing MNSSHP over Rosh Hashanah weekend, specifically 9/9. I know no one can say for certainty, but do you think that'll be a popular weekend? I don't want to buy tickets until I'm sure, and that might not be until beginning August and I'm hoping they won't sell out.

This is when we are going. Hoping for lighter crowds.

Seriously considering a resort only trip but doing MNSSHP over Rosh Hashanah weekend, specifically 9/9. I know no one can say for certainty, but do you think that'll be a popular weekend? I don't want to buy tickets until I'm sure, and that might not be until beginning August and I'm hoping they won't sell out.

I always go to Disney World during the first two weeks of September, and when Rosh Hashanah was in the beginning of the month in 2015, it was definitely busier than any other time that I have attended. But like you said, you never know.

I always go to Disney World during the first two weeks of September, and when Rosh Hashanah was in the beginning of the month in 2015, it was definitely busier than any other time that I have attended. But like you said, you never know.

2015 - 9/15
2016 - 9/2
2017 - 8/25
2018 - 8/17

As you see, this is the first year we've seen a roughly mid-August party.

Yes they were and as @GADisneyDad14 laid it all out above, hopefully it won't have such an impact now that the time frame has shifted.

pirate: Speaking of my favorite pirate, I hope Kenny does his MNSSHP webinar like he's done the past two years. It's free to join and you get first hand information about the party. He also includes a discount to his Character Locator and other unique treats. You are allowed to ask questions and post comments too.

More can be seen here: Post #664 2017

Last edited:
I think he was listing the first MNSSHP dates over the past years, not Rosh Hashanah dates.

Not all parties dates are there but I think it shows when the parties actually began. If anyone wants to know how Rosh Hashanah dates fared in comparison to parties starting then that's a bit more work.

Not all parties dates are there but I think it shows when the parties actually began.

I think we are talking about two different things lol

I was replying to someone who was asking if Rosh Hashanah makes things crazier, which I replied that the year I attended during it, it was. When the parties actually start each year wouldn’t matter. See what I mean?

I think we are talking about two different things lol

I was replying to someone who was asking if Rosh Hashanah makes things crazier, which I replied that the year I attended during it, it was. When the parties actually start each year wouldn’t matter. See what I mean?
:P and this too :P
:hug:

I am going that long weekend as it's the only time I know I can go. It is what it is - I plan to make the best of it, not worry about "crowds" and have a blast. It is what you make it!

pirate: Speaking of my favorite pirate, I hope Kenny does his MNSSHP webinar like he's done the past two years. It's free to join and you get first hand information about the party. He also includes a discount to his Character Locator and other unique threats. You are allowed to ask questions and post comments too.

More can be seen here: Post #664 2017
He is. I can’t rememger the date but know it’s scheduled for shortly after the first party.

Hi everyone! :) After being lucky enough to get a time slot for the TS AP event, we booked a previously unplanned trip to WDW for 9/20-9/23. Having been to WDW only once at this time of year (about 12 years ago) and having had a great time at MNSSHP, I bought tickets right away for the 9/21 party and found this thread. :)

I really apologize to have to ask this, because I'm sure it's been asked and answered, but I don't have time to read 204 pages, and I actually have done searches that show me tidbits but not the full explanation. What's the deal with the HalloWishes party and the parade viewing? At the beginning of this thread it states that if you buy tickets to the party you get a special reserved parade viewing area...but when I clicked the link provided, no mention was made of a special parade viewing area on the WDW website. So I did a search on the disboards and what I've gathered so far is that Disney removed the language about the parade viewing area, so if you booked before that language was removed you get the viewing area, but if you booked after you don't?!?

Would someone mind pointing me to a page where this is explained? The reserved parade viewing area would be a huge deal for us and we would definitely pay extra to get that...but not the fireworks viewing area or the dessert party alone. We did the HEA party back in April and our view of the fireworks was not good...there was a huge tree blocking the castle...and the desserts were fine, but nothing we would've paid that kind of $$$ for without the fireworks view...and since we didn't get that, it was an underwhelming experience for us.

Thanks in advance for any info that anyone may be willing to provide. :)

what I've gathered so far is that Disney removed the language about the parade viewing area, so if you booked before that language was removed you get the viewing area, but if you booked after you don't?!?

You pretty much summed it up. If you booked before the website error was corrected (or booked and later cancelled because of the website change), they are honoring parade viewing for that original group of folks only.

Does anyone have any ideas on what my husband can wear as far as him being Captain Hook? We're going Labor Day for the MNSSHP and I don't want him to have to wear a full on costume. I've looked on Pinterest but mostly only found women's Captain Hook Disney bounding.

Does anyone have any ideas on what my husband can wear as far as him being Captain Hook? We're going Labor Day for the MNSSHP and I don't want him to have to wear a full on costume. I've looked on Pinterest but mostly only found women's Captain Hook Disney bounding.

I moved you over to the Costume Thread, see: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-costumes-guidelines.3671354/page-17#post-59481135"]Post #338[/URL] pirate:

If our 3rd FP is from 5:30-6p, is it a hard cut-off at 6p or is there the usual 15 minute window afterward?

That is a good question. I'm not sure if it's counted as a park close, in which case there would be no grace period. As in, if the park closes at 9 you cannot get in line later. If I had to guess I'd say that would be right. Or maybe if you had a party wristband you could still use it, but if not you'd have to leave the park.

I would have him wear red pants or shorts, a red jacket of any kind, maybe something like this but cheaper:

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...11sC8B0KeMko7iOlBS3bgRgcYA8ZssvhoCv2kQAvD_BwE

and the hat and the hook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter