"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

Has anyone done a 4:30 dinner at 1900 Park Fare? I have a ressie for our MNSSHP night and trying to figure when we might arrive at the party. Thanks!

What is the latest we can get our tickets online and get the advance purchase discount? We don't want to get them yet, because we don't want to get rained out...when we did the party in 2015 it was pouring 95% of the night and no fun. I'd rather not waste the money this year.

Last edited:
Has anyone done a 4:30 dinner at 1900 Park Fare? I have a ressie for our MNSSHP night and trying to figure when we might arrive at the party. Thanks!

It's a buffet so you can easily get out of there in 30 minutes if you want to. We love dinners at 1900...the characters are fabulous!

What is the latest we can get our tickets online and get the advance purchase discount? We don't want to get them yet, because we don't want to get rained out...when we did the party in 2015 it was pouring 95% of the night and no fun. I'd rather not waste the money this year.

I believe it is the day before. We are the same way. I don't want to spend that $$$ and get rained on. Our son is in the AF and going with us. So we can get the military tickets for MNNSHP the day of. That is a huge plus!

I believe it is the day before. We are the same way. I don't want to spend that $$$ and get rained on. Our son is in the AF and going with us. So we can get the military tickets for MNNSHP the day of. That is a huge plus!

Please thank him for his service.

Fantastic, thanks!!

I defiantly would not waste a park ticket for maybe a half hour of time. I don't think you would even get to MK until 3:30 at the earliest and that's with being lucky with everything.

With a 2:15 appt I don’t think there is any way you’d get there before 4:00. I’d definitely get rid of the ticket. Sounds like a busy day, hope your little one loves it and it all goes well!

I'd get rid of your regular day ticket like the other folks said. You're going to need to take a bus from BBB/Disney Springs to MK. BBB will take around an hour and may not start on time. That puts you at leaving Disney Springs at 3:15. The bus ride is at least 20 minutes, maybe 40. So arriving at MK between 3:35 and 3:55. Your day ticket would 'buy' you less than 30 minutes of park time. Instead spend that time on a monorail ride or stop by the photo desk at the Grand Floridian and get some photopass pictures of your princess around the GF. You don't need to make an appointment, and whenever that photo session ends you're a monorail ride away from the MK. :)

@firsttimer4 , I agree with others get rid of the day ticket and as far as transportation I would use Uber/Lyft to get to MK. Make sure the adults bring their costumes and while DD is getting Pixie Dust, you all can get dressed. There is also a photopass you can do as a group prior to leaving with various backgrounds. Using Uber/Lift will give you the time needed to get this done. So slow down and really enjoy DD's special day!

Thanks for all the advice! I just changed our park tickets from 5 days to 4. We’ll just use the party ticket for that day. I’ve been skipping over all of the FP and party day post but guess I need to go back and figure that out now!!

Like the above poster, I'd prefer not to buy tickets in advance due to not wanting to be totally rained out. What are the chances of the 8/31 party being sold out on party night?

Please thank him for his service.

Thank you for saying that. He is stationed at Tyndall AFB. He can't take leave during that time, so he can join us for a long weekend at Disney. That's the perks of having your son in Florida. Guess we will just have to meet in Disney every year!

Thank you for saying that. He is stationed at Tyndall AFB. He can't take leave during that time, so he can join us for a long weekend at Disney. That's the perks of having your son in Florida. Guess we will just have to meet in Disney every year!

That is great that he can have a weekend with his family.

Does anyone know if Han's Blaster or Leia's Blaster from Star Wars are acceptable? They are guns, but not realistic looking guns/six shooters/machine guns.

The good news is, the blasters don't really define those costumes. So even if you'd like to have them, you'll definitely be recognizable without them.
My boyfriend and I were considering dressing as StarLord and Rocket, but I wanted a huge oversized gun for Rocket (like the same size as me). I wasn't really as excited about doing Rocket without that, so the costume got scrapped. Though I might wear that to Alamo City Comic Con on Halloween.

The good news is, the blasters don't really define those costumes. So even if you'd like to have them, you'll definitely be recognizable without them.
My boyfriend and I were considering dressing as StarLord and Rocket, but I wanted a huge oversized gun for Rocket (like the same size as me). I wasn't really as excited about doing Rocket without that, so the costume got scrapped. Though I might wear that to Alamo City Comic Con on Halloween.

Too bad. I would have liked to see that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter