"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I have a quick question regarding tickets. We are doing a Universal Trip only in August but want to attend the Halloween party. I plan to purchase my tickets online(we live in Canada and I believe to have the tickets sent it would be quite expensive) Since I will not have actual hard copies of the tickets, how do we enter the party. I have the app and we do have magic bands from 2 years ago but the battery is probably dead in them. Will I receive an authorization # and email that I present at the gate?

They should be linked to your MDE account so you'll be able to use your magic band. You can always print the confirmation email just in case.

I have a quick question regarding tickets. We are doing a Universal Trip only in August but want to attend the Halloween party. I plan to purchase my tickets online(we live in Canada and I believe to have the tickets sent it would be quite expensive) Since I will not have actual hard copies of the tickets, how do we enter the party. I have the app and we do have magic bands from 2 years ago but the battery is probably dead in them. Will I receive an authorization # and email that I present at the gate?
I purchased mine online a few weeks ago. I have a working magic band & the party tickets are now linked to MDE. However, you should print out the ticket confirmation when you order. Should be a bar code on your print out. In past years for international guests, CMs would scan that bar code for entry at the gate. Print out a 2nd copy in case you lose your other copy. Dedicate 1 copy wrapped in a ziplock bag to your park bag for your entire trip. ps if you are worried, budget at least an extra 20 mins before your planned gate arrival time to go to guest services at WDW to double check. They may be able to issue you a hard ticket upon showing them your paper print out.

I purchased mine online a few weeks ago. I have a working magic band & the party tickets are now linked to MDE. However, you should print out the ticket confirmation when you order. Should be a bar code on your print out. In past years for international guests, CMs would scan that bar code for entry at the gate. Print out a 2nd copy in case you lose your other copy. Dedicate 1 copy wrapped in a ziplock bag to your park bag for your entire trip. ps if you are worried, budget at least an extra 20 mins before your planned gate arrival time to go to guest services at WDW to double check. They may be able to issue you a hard ticket upon showing them your paper print out.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will definitely print a copy of the email with the barcode and arrive early just in case we have a problem. Thanks again!!

Thanks for the quick reply. I will definitely print a copy of the email with the barcode and arrive early just in case we have a problem. Thanks again!!

You can also exchange your printed copy for a plastic ticket at any Guest Relations window. Those will scan at Magic Kingdom entrance as well as FP's!

Random question here. How long has Disney been holding this event in August?

Someone correct me if I have my facts wrong, but I 'think' the first party each of the past few years was as follows:

2012 - 9/11
2013 - 9/10
2014 - 9/1
2015 - 9/15
2016 - 9/2
2017 - 8/25
2018 - 8/17

As you see, this is the first year we've seen a roughly mid-August party.

I’m trying to identify Which rides are closed during the party so we can do these Earlier in the day. So far I’ve come up with Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. Are there any others anyone is aware of?

I’m trying to identify Which rides are closed during the party so we can do these Earlier in the day. So far I’ve come up with Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. Are there any others anyone is aware of?

Splash Mountain is usually open for the party...I have ridden it many times during MNSSHP. Last Fall it was down for refurbishment, so it wasn’t running for a few months.

Splash is open but so far BTMR is supposed to be closed

post #1 lists all the open attractions. I would be prepared for all others to be closed.

The technology that is used at the entry should still work on the MB's. What might not work is the automatic linking of pictures on rides. But the batteries last quite a while for that too so even it might work. I'd link to MDE and use the MB's and just bring print outs as a backup. But if you forgot those GS would be able to look up the linked tickets on your account.

I agree that was very weird when you received your notification, many received theirs early on. I don't recall you writing about your experience with all that construction at your resort. How was it and would you do it again? What was transportation like and where on earth did you go to eat? If memory serves, they were closing down the food court too.

Ignore my post if you don't want to to hear about CBR and brief synopsis of our experience :)

Yeah I was shocked when I got the FP boot. I had assumed I was home free at that point.

I pseudo posted my experience in sprinkles throughout the forums lol. We loved our time at CBR and it easily became our 2nd fav resort (we've only stayed Moderate or Deluxe so far...trying value this Fall). Construction was obvious not intrusive, so much so we stayed there again in May for a quick 2 night stay. We didnt have any real bus issues both times, but they filled up alot before we made it to Aruba in Dec. We liked Jamaica the best but if you didn't mind the walk around construction to pool/park, Martinique was good for first on first off buses. Our building in Martinique was closest to the construction/pool so we used the new Centertown bus stop since it was closer than Martiniques. Food was meh, but they have a new option in N. Trinidad in addition to the already temp tent and food truck. We didn't eat there much anyway. We loved the pool, property landscaping, and the Castaway Cay the most. Especially with construction prices, it can't be beat and we'd stay there again in Sept if not for going cheap due to it being a Universal trip with a short stay for MNSHHP only on Disney property.

Ok back on topic :hmghost::maleficen:hmghost:

Well, looks like I truly will be a guinea pig for the dessert party on the first night. :scared:
Winston just called again, and repeated what later CMs have told you all. Check in at 4:30 at the podium, they will tell us everything then, probably not before. Yikes!
He said they sent over a list to them and they will use that list to identify those with parade viewing.-figured that much.
He said they do not know where viewing is, nor how it will work with parade at 9:15 and dessert party starting at 9:15.

Guess we will have to be surprised. :)

I know I'm a little late to this game, but I just wanted to thank you and the others who contacted WDW regarding the parade/dessert party issue. I had booked this for Aug. 24 the day the reservations were released and have been traveling overseas for the past month and wasn't keeping up on a daily basis. I did read on here that they changed the description and, so, cancelled the reservation. Because of your persistence and reports here on the DIS, I just spoke with Winston yesterday and reinstated my reservation. I'm now unsure if I'm going to keep it as, between the time I cancelled and reinstated, I reconfigured my plans so the reserved parade viewing may no longer be a real issue for us. So conflicted now! But, again, I just wanted to say thank you!

Now just waiting to see if they'll include BTMRR on the attraction list and I think we are almost good to go!

I know I'm a little late to this game, but I just wanted to thank you and the others who contacted WDW regarding the parade/dessert party issue. I had booked this for Aug. 24 the day the reservations were released and have been traveling overseas for the past month and wasn't keeping up on a daily basis. I did read on here that they changed the description and, so, cancelled the reservation. Because of your persistence and reports here on the DIS, I just spoke with Winston yesterday and reinstated my reservation. I'm now unsure if I'm going to keep it as, between the time I cancelled and reinstated, I reconfigured my plans so the reserved parade viewing may no longer be a real issue for us. So conflicted now! But, again, I just wanted to say thank you!

Now just waiting to see if they'll include BTMRR on the attraction list and I think we are almost good to go!

If nothing else, my obsessing over my Disney planning paid off. :surfweb::crazy:
Glad you got your call from Winston!

Ignore my post if you don't want to to hear about CBR and brief synopsis of our experience :)

Yeah I was shocked when I got the FP boot. I had assumed I was home free at that point.

I pseudo posted my experience in sprinkles throughout the forums lol. We loved our time at CBR and it easily became our 2nd fav resort (we've only stayed Moderate or Deluxe so far...trying value this Fall). Construction was obvious not intrusive, so much so we stayed there again in May for a quick 2 night stay. We didnt have any real bus issues both times, but they filled up alot before we made it to Aruba in Dec. We liked Jamaica the best but if you didn't mind the walk around construction to pool/park, Martinique was good for first on first off buses. Our building in Martinique was closest to the construction/pool so we used the new Centertown bus stop since it was closer than Martiniques. Food was meh, but they have a new option in N. Trinidad in addition to the already temp tent and food truck. We didn't eat there much anyway. We loved the pool, property landscaping, and the Castaway Cay the most. Especially with construction prices, it can't be beat and we'd stay there again in Sept if not for going cheap due to it being a Universal trip with a short stay for MNSHHP only on Disney property.

Ok back on topic :hmghost::maleficen:hmghost:

Thank you. I really didn't stay on top of how the construction played out and I don't recall seeing any posts about it on the Halloween thread last year.

Seriously considering a resort only trip but doing MNSSHP over Rosh Hashanah weekend, specifically 9/9. I know no one can say for certainty, but do you think that'll be a popular weekend? I don't want to buy tickets until I'm sure, and that might not be until beginning August and I'm hoping they won't sell out.

Seriously considering a resort only trip but doing MNSSHP over Rosh Hashanah weekend, specifically 9/9. I know no one can say for certainty, but do you think that'll be a popular weekend? I don't want to buy tickets until I'm sure, and that might not be until beginning August and I'm hoping they won't sell out.

Have you viewed Touring Plans and Kenny the Pirate Crowd calendar?
Touring Plans has Sept. 9th ranked #7 for rides out of 33 which sounds pretty sweet to me.
https://blog.touringplans.com/2018/05/30/least-crowded-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-of-2018/

And Kenny the Pirate rates the overall parks as "Light Crowds".
http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=cal_index&tdate=09/09/2018

With both of these in your favor, I think you picked a great time to go. :-)

Have you viewed Touring Plans and Kenny the Pirate Crowd calendar?
Touring Plans has Sept. 9th ranked #7 for rides out of 33 which sounds pretty sweet to me.
https://blog.touringplans.com/2018/05/30/least-crowded-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-of-2018/

And Kenny the Pirate rates the overall parks as "Light Crowds".
http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=cal_index&tdate=09/09/2018

With both of these in your favor, I think you picked a great time to go. :-)

I still have an active KtP subscription so I should use it! Thanks for the heads up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter