"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dates? I have to admit I'll be going solo. DS finals are during our usual time. I REFUSE to be the one doing the handstand - remember our deal? :P
Oh, I remember!! :)

We will be there 10/31 - 1/3 this year. Psyched to be there on Halloween for the first time!

Do you have dates picked yet???

Ha! Never too early. I was just thinking about this the other day. Planning on MVMCP and was wondering how to fit it MNSSHP. :D
Sadly I don’t think we’ll be getting a Christmas trip in this year....so I’m happy we’ll get to see some of the decorations in early November! When picking dates, the Halloween-Christmas transformation was the selling point for DD!! :)

Trying to figure out if I'll make a Halloween party this year. DH suggested we celebrate his one year mark at his new job with a trip to Disney! (What? Is he possessed by aliens? Who cares, I'll take it!) The most logical thing is to back a trip up to my Wine & Dine trip. If so we'll be staying at Shades of Green I think. So much cheaper. Really the first time it's been drastically different. Also not sure if the oldest will join us or not. I have a room at Poly on hold for September, but would really rather bookend my W&D trip if we can agree on Shades or find an "on-site" we can agree to. If so, we'd be there on Halloween. I had planned to do Halloween at Disney next year, but we'll see what we decide.

If oldest joins us we're going to do Mr & Mrs. Potato Head and the three LGM. That's what the oldest has wanted to do forever for the Halloween party and I'd love to make it happen for him. (Because of past football schedules for the oldest this will be the family's first party.) If not, we'll have to rethink. Maybe Peter Pan or Star Wars themed.

I have a question for those of you who attended one of the Halloween parties in 2017: how were the wait times for the rides? We skipped the party last year, but have attended in previous years, and always enjoyed the short waits. But I've read reports that the event was "oversold" in 2017, just too crowded. I understand long waits for special characters, but we attend mostly for short ride wait times.

We may be going back to WDW this year, but will skip the party again if the ride wait times have balooned. While we love the parade, we have seen it a few times and are not willing to pay extra for that and some candy.

Last edited:
I have a question for those of you who attended one of the Halloween parties in 2017: how were the wait times for the rides? We skipped the party last year, but have attended in previous years, and always enjoyed the short waits. But I've read reports that the event was "oversold" in 2017, just too crowded. I understand long waits for special characters, but we attend mostly for short ride wait times.

We may be going back to WDW this year, but will skip the party again if the ride wait times have balooned. While we love the parade, we have seen it a few times and are not willing to pay extra for that and some candy.
We did 2 parties last year - one sold out and one did not. While rides are not a priority for us at parties, we do try to hit a few, and the only ride where there was a noticeable difference on our nights was Haunted Mansion. The line was out to CHH on our sellout, all night, and we never did ride it. But everything else was pretty comparable - with SDMT, PPF and Space Mountain drawing the longest waits (but still only 20-30 minutes, max). Most others are a walk on (or nearly).

ETA: We’ve done sellouts other years, and 2017 didn’t feel different, crowd wise.

Trying to figure out if I'll make a Halloween party this year. DH suggested we celebrate his one year mark at his new job with a trip to Disney! (What? Is he possessed by aliens? Who cares, I'll take it!) The most logical thing is to back a trip up to my Wine & Dine trip. If so we'll be staying at Shades of Green I think. So much cheaper. Really the first time it's been drastically different. Also not sure if the oldest will join us or not. I have a room at Poly on hold for September, but would really rather bookend my W&D trip if we can agree on Shades or find an "on-site" we can agree to. If so, we'd be there on Halloween. I had planned to do Halloween at Disney next year, but we'll see what we decide.

If oldest joins us we're going to do Mr & Mrs. Potato Head and the three LGM. That's what the oldest has wanted to do forever for the Halloween party and I'd love to make it happen for him. (Because of past football schedules for the oldest this will be the family's first party.) If not, we'll have to rethink. Maybe Peter Pan or Star Wars themed.
How wonderful if you could finally get the whole family there together!! Love the Potato Heads idea!!!! Keep us posted :)

I wish I was planning another WDW trip, planning for Paris is a pain. :badpc:

Oooh I'd love to do that.

Ooh Paris that's amazing!!

I'm so excited. We were supposed to do it last year but DBF started a new job and couldn't take enough time off so we had to leave the day after Halloween.

Ooh Paris that's amazing!!

I'm so excited. We were supposed to do it last year but DBF started a new job and couldn't take enough time off so we had to leave the day after Halloween.

Awh well its great you got to do it this year.

Except some of their charcters are, see the schedule on the day for times, chip and dale are not even on the app, others are list as character or friend and the Princesses are pot luck which one will be at the Pavillion and at around an hour wait. Also it seems the characters stop meeting by 4pm.

I went 4 times to the party in 2017 (Solo trip, would had been same price if I had taken my kids and hubby, so decided why not!). I went on a 9/29 Friday, 10/1 Sunday, 10/3 Tues and 10/5 Thurs. Friday was pretty packed and yet with the rain that first party it was difficult to do anything but rides, but they were still crowded. Sunday was better than Friday, but still crowded for rides. Tuesday was the best night for the party, hardly anyone there and Thursday wasn't too far off from Tuesday's party, just slightly more people. It was fun to see the different things take place and know what to watch for during the next party when I return a following night.
I had went on my first ever solo trip the year before (2016) and did 2 parties that year and it was pretty much the same concept, the parties during Mon-Thurs were always better than the weekend ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter