"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done it last year for the first time after seeing everyone's great pictures for years. I can only recommend trying it at least once. The characters may not sound that spectacular, but there's always unique outfits you normally can't catch them in. Plus one or two hidden gems (like Panchito) are always around.

And it's fun, a whirlwind adventure. After everyone scattered at Fort Wilderness (it was the earliest hotel meet, so a lot of the people trying who then split up were together in one line then) I was one of the last to leave and spotted a Japanese couple who seemed unsure of what to do. I asked them where they wanted to go and they said All Star Movies for Mickey. Fort Wilderness to All Star is a big distance, they seemed lost and I really didn't want them to pay for a taxi. So I told them to hop in my car as I was going to All Star Music anyway. They were so happy. We started chatting and when I dropped them off I out of the blue found myself in the possession of a Japanese Stella Lou bag which they on giving to me as a thank you gift. My friends who had decided to skip on Fort Wilderness are still jealous of that. :D

I'm definitely planning to do it again at some point in the future. Not this year because we are Asia bound, but 2019 or 2020 are on the agenda.

I've done it last year for the first time after seeing everyone's great pictures for years. I can only recommend trying it at least once. The characters may not sound that spectacular, but there's always unique outfits you normally can't catch them in. Plus one or two hidden gems (like Panchito) are always around.

And it's fun, a whirlwind adventure. After everyone scattered at Fort Wilderness (it was the earliest hotel meet, so a lot of the people trying who then split up were together in one line then) I was one of the last to leave and spotted a Japanese couple who seemed unsure of what to do. I asked them where they wanted to go and they said All Star Movies for Mickey. Fort Wilderness to All Star is a big distance, they seemed lost and I really didn't want them to pay for a taxi. So I told them to hop in my car as I was going to All Star Music anyway. They were so happy. We started chatting and when I dropped them off I out of the blue found myself in the possession of a Japanese Stella Lou bag which they on giving to me as a thank you gift. My friends who had decided to skip on Fort Wilderness are still jealous of that. :D

I'm definitely planning to do it again at some point in the future. Not this year because we are Asia bound, but 2019 or 2020 are on the agenda.

I think this a great idea as prices for MNSSHP are not cheap. Very pleased to hear you got the bag! Way cool of them. You know, what goes around comes around! ::yes::

Agreed. Plus it's one of the only things left at WDW that you can't plan 100% before you go. And in addition to the characters, the resorts have so many other activities going on and the CMs are all in the Halloween spirit. At Poly, they had trick or treating with a map to search out the multiple stops and they literally filled your bag to the top when you were done.

Agreed. Plus it's one of the only things left at WDW that you can't plan 100% before you go. And in addition to the characters, the resorts have so many other activities going on and the CMs are all in the Halloween spirit. At Poly, they had trick or treating with a map to search out the multiple stops and they literally filled your bag to the top when you were done.

Oh yes, those activities definitely need to be mentioned to.

In All Star Sports and Music they were helping everyone who wanted create "ghoul hands". A plastic glove with candy corn for finger nails and then filled with popcorn, then sealed with a Halloween ribbon. Such a simple thing, but it looked fabulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter