October/Halloween Trip Reports

Can't figure out how to load pictures from phone, so will try to post when we get back to camp. There some really neat carts.

Will do more reporting when we get home. Between the Internet, my iPad and my patience it's not going to happen here. Either the pictures are too large, the page has an error or I just get logged out! I will say we are having a great time, oh and my son created a squirrel mofia, lol.

Things sure have picked up at the Fort today. Lots of folks around to enjoy the Halloween festivities.
We have also been busy. Thursday saw us off to Animal Kingdomin the morning to ride Expedition Everest and walk the Malharagah Trail. We also stopped and enjoyed a Starbucks.
We returned to the RV for lunch and walked over to the Wilderness Lodge. Lots of construction going on. Several cabins are being built along the shore of Bay Lake. I expect they will fetch a pretty penny.
After dinner we bused over to Epcot to ride Test Track and walk around the World Showcase. DD20 sampled the Belgian Waffles and a Chai tea drink. She thought both we okay but not worth the price. We also picked up our AP Food and Wine glasses. After it was back to the RV for some well deserved sleep.

Friday was another busy day for the Boomer1 family. We spent the morning at MK where we rode PoTC, Jungle Cruise, Country Bears, Haunted Mansion and SDMT. After lunch at the RV, DD20 and I headed to Disney Springs for some retail therapy. The evening was spent relaxing around Fort Wilderness as DD20 had an early flight out in the morning.
On SturdY morning we were off to MCO by 6 am so DD20 could have lots of time to catch her 8:30 am flight home. DH and I went to Epcot after for opening and rode Soarin', Figment's Jounney into the Imaginatin, watched the Pixar shorts and visited with the manatees. After we returned to the RV for lunch and a nap. Later in the afternoon we went to DHS and used FP+ to ride ToT, visited One Man's Dream, the Great Movie Ride and TSMM. We went to Disney Springs after and treated ourselves to treats from Ghiradelli's.
Back to Fort Wilderness for a well deserved night's sleep.

Thanks for posting pics JETS70.I too am having issues posting pics here from my phone. I don't have a computer with me. On where to see the best decorations. Collene's site around 1630 is awesome again this year. She has a complete spook house. She gave us a private tour during her soft opening tonight.

Some great carts in the parade tonight. Had a nice lasagna dinner, kids are all asleep and the adults are relaxing outside now. Wonderful night for a few adult drinks catching up with my wife.

This is our first time camping at fort wilderness, the energy level today feels like it's through the roof. Can't wait to see what tomorrow is actually like.

Also, the 1700 loop has a HUGE pirate ship set up. It's amazing someone would construct that here.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't post pictures.

I'm back home now so will be able to post some pix.
Boomer1 mentioned the new "cabins" at Wilderness Lodge.

I took some photos and per the CMs, this will be a new eating area:

DSCN0250.JPG

One of the cabins on the Fort side of Wilderness Lodge:

DSCN0219.JPG

While scouting out the new Wilderness Lodge cabins look what I spotted!!!!

DSCN0217.JPG

Here's a closer view of one of the train cars. Do y'all think these are from the old Fort Wilderness train?

DSCN0216.JPG

They are sitting right at the construction entrance for the new cabins.

Here is the entrance (and the gates on the road between the Fort and Wilderness Lodge) and I've circled one of the train cars on the left side of the photo:

DSCN0214.JPG

Speakers for music on the beach...they come in two flavors:

Green

DSCN0233.JPG

And kinda white:

DSCN0236.JPG

Just for the newer folks...Disney pipes in the Wishes music during the Wishes fireworks on the Fort beach so while its not quite the same as being in MK it is still very cool.

Looking forward to hearing about the Halloween chaos.

The decorated sites are looking good. You guys keep it up.

Happy Halloween from the fort! Checked in Friday went to our site in the 100 loop.usually stay in 1400 but have a tent this time. So convenient here to the store and trails end. Went looping last night and there were so many great decorations. So many cars in the overflow lot also. Had a hard time yesterday even finding a spot at the front gate.went to the party last night so many great costumes! Ready for all of the trick or treaters tonight!

Went to FW last night for the Golf Cart Parade. It was so much fun. Had dinner at Trails End and it was great as usual. We hoped to do a Hay Ride bit they were not doing them last night or Halloween because if all the other things going on The Beach Party was a blast. So glad we went over.

@Flametamr we enjoyed visiting with you and your daughter. If I don't see you before you pull out for home, safe travels and I'll see you at Gulf Shores.
Steve

A couple of pics from EPCOT and Animal Kingdom from Sunday.
20161030_184557_zpstnbjlnvx.jpg

20161030_184954_zps7bydhmif.jpg

Chase Visa has a lounge located above the American Adventure. Free Coke sodas, charging stations for you phones and most importantly.....comfortable chairs. This pic is from the window of the lounge.
20161030_132552_zpsvvo17ysd.jpg

20161030_140846_zpsgsfhfumw.jpg

Been very peaceful and quiet here today, much different than yesterday. Will be very interesting to see if things change when Trick or treating starts at 7. The weather has been perfect. We have been outside all day either just relaxing or out riding our bikes. Have had a lot of fun with the squirrel mofia today. Apparently toes look an awful lot like peanuts, lol. Going to order take out from TE tonight and then pass out candy. We will be checking out tomorrow so I will try to post some pictures when we get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter