October/Halloween Trip Reports

Continuing on with my boring TR
You may have thought it was a boring TR, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Your daughter is adorable and you are an awesome dad to spend that kind of time with her. Loved the pictures and the video too.

By the way, my daughter was ALSO Minnie Mouse this year too.

20161029_164822_resized.jpg
Sadly, though, we were not at the Fort for Halloween.

The next couple of days my daughter and I hit the parks hard. She always seems to just want to go and go. Might be because she is riding in the wheel chair with me pushing. Not much eventful happened until we saw the Storm Troopers at Hollywood Studios. We caught the large marching formation which she liked and later while waiting to get popcorn before rushing to Fantasmic the roving Storm Troopers accosted her. Demanding ID and such. Well she is not shy and proceeded to tell them she would never join the dark side. She only went to the light side like Jesus. One of them actually had to walk off to hide his laughter. Then the second one shrugged and followed. A couple of minutes later they returned and started on her again pulling us out of line. The handler told me they were demanding I take their picture with them so I did. Click the smaller picture to watch the video.

Looks like she is having an amazing time. Your report makes me smile as we had a "special" son (he passed away 2 years ago at the age of 12) and Disney never failed to make him feel "normal" but at the same time giving him any special attention he needed or wanted. Thanks for sharing.

We are still at fort wilderness from our Halloween trip. I really enjoyed the fort a lot more after it emptied out. Was a very quiet week.

Spent yesterday at animal kingdom and boardwalk. Had a great time. Kids loved the animals and shows. The three oldest got faces painted. Boardwalk was nice too, left kids with grandparents and went on a date night. Very fun times.

We had a nice family from Holland drop off their extra supplies as they were heading to airport. Theee sleeping bags, a bunch of food and a full set of kitchen gear. Also found 12 beers in the recycle bin last night.

Okay who's in for next year??? I just booked Premium again for next year but flipping my week to after Halloween. This year it was 10-23 to 11-1. next year I'm booked for 10-30 to 11-6 and may extend a few days after I see how my employment prospects work out. I'm also considering booking the weekend prior at a state park or campground so we'll be closer on check in day.

Okay who's in for next year??? I just booked Premium again for next year but flipping my week to after Halloween. This year it was 10-23 to 11-1. next year I'm booked for 10-30 to 11-6 and may extend a few days after I see how my employment prospects work out. I'm also considering booking the weekend prior at a state park or campground so we'll be closer on check in day.

Flametamr,

We have a reservation for next year's Halloween week but I don't know if we'll end up using it. But I might. Can't remember if it's Sun-Sat or Sat-Fri but if IIRC Halloween is on a Wednesday next year. I've never been to the Fort at Halloween and it might be time. So I'm going to play it by ear.

We have a Preferred reserved.

The last 4 trips I have stayed at a state park 30 minutes from the Fort and headed over early the next morning. And we will be doing it again in two months. I don't mind waiting for a site to come open if I have to plus it's only $25. There are lots of options close in if you can book something sooner and not last minute.

Bama Ed

PS - how many folks do little or no site decorations? The lengths people go to is slightly intimidating. :scared:

Last edited:

I'm in for next year, Oct. 19 - Nov. 2. Great TR, loved all the Halloween pics.

At least half of the sites had little to no decorations. We spent maybe $40 and had enough to "fit in".

I would say the have not sites outnumbered the have sites this year on decorations. There were enough to be fun but definitely less than in past years. Halloween will be on Tuesday next year. We'll check into the Fort Monday early as possible and decorate before going to whatever park has emh that night. I like how you do it BamaEd it will all depend on my work situation next year.

Our last night. Took the family to hoop de du. Had a fantastic time. My oldest daughter just laughed and laughed the entire time. Wagon ride after.

Packing up and leaving tomorrow morning. Going to be a LONG drive home to michigan

I wish. It would mean taking the girls out of school for a week and that is just too hard for the oldest to stay caught up.

We will if we can get a full hook up site. Will be stalking the reservation page, lol. If I get a site, we will check out on Tuesday. We enjoyed the golf cart parade, beach party and other activities on the night before more than we did Halloween day itself.

Flametamr,

We have a reservation for next year's Halloween week but I don't know if we'll end up using it. But I might. Can't remember if it's Sun-Sat or Sat-Fri but if IIRC Halloween is on a Wednesday next year. I've never been to the Fort at Halloween and it might be time. So I'm going to play it by ear.

We have a Preferred reserved.

The last 4 trips I have stayed at a state park 30 minutes from the Fort and headed over early the next morning. And we will be doing it again in two months. I don't mind waiting for a site to come open if I have to plus it's only $25. There are lots of options close in if you can book something sooner and not last minute.

Bama Ed

PS - how many folks do little or no site decorations? The lengths people go to is slightly intimidating. :scared:

We brought just a few decorations, and it took long enough to set those up, don't think I would want to do much more.

We will if we can get a full hook up site. Will be stalking the reservation page, lol. If I get a site, we will check out on Tuesday. We enjoyed the golf cart parade, beach party and other activities on the night before more than we did Halloween day itself.

When I booked online there was nothing available for the weekend before Halloween 10/28 & 10/29 but everything was available on Monday 10/30 and the rest of the week.

Our last night. Took the family to hoop de du. Had a fantastic time. My oldest daughter just laughed and laughed the entire time. Wagon ride after.

Packing up and leaving tomorrow morning. Going to be a LONG drive home to michigan

Have a safe drive home, LBHouse. It sounds like you closed out your visit with a boom (hddr and wagon ride). Thanks for your contributions to this trip report.

Bama Ed

we were supposed to go this year but dh had to have emergency surgery. And while we are thankful that he is recovering we are still rather sad that we missed our first planned Disney trip. Thus, we are also booked for next year.

Hi, we will be there October 27 through November 1st next year. Booked weeks ago! Booked another preferred site.It worked out well with the two tents we brought along with us. And loved the location! Just wondering which day they will do the golf cart parade next year. They usually did it on Halloween, but this year it was on the 30th.

We have booked a preferred site from Oct. 23 - Nov. 4/2017. It seems along way off and a lot of water to go under the bridge, but hope to be there and see many fellow Disers.

I'm in!! Just got back from a Disney trip last week, but was not at the Fort. I do love Pop Century and since it was just a girls weekend and we were flying it was definitely great, but I did miss having the camper for sure and the atmosphere at the Fort. We are booked for October 5th through the 15th next year. Only 322 days......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!