October/Halloween Trip Reports

The cart parade and beach party were Sunday. That was the busiest day at the Fort. Most site must have had outside visitors for the day. The overflow lot overflowed into the large field behind the unhitching areas. You can see all the cars and trucks parked there in my parade photos. Since we were in the parade the only photos I got were from the line up area. That was a lot of fun, we had a CD player on our cart and played the Haunted Mansion dialogue and music. There were so many really cool carts. The beach party was new this year, and a lot fun for the kids. My niece and nephew had a ball and we got to see the headless horseman!

FW Oct 2016 076.jpg FW Oct 2016 065.jpg FW Oct 2016 074.jpg FW Oct 2016 068.jpg FW Oct 2016 079.jpg FW Oct 2016 086.jpg FW Oct 2016 085.jpg

We had the most fun with the squirrels at our campsite. My son started feeding them (yes, we know this is against the rules) peanuts the first day and from there it was game on! As soon as our camper door opened, they were at the bottom of the steps. We kept trying to find ways to make them "work" for the nuts. Some were very smart, others, not so much. Also, our toes must look like peanuts, had to be careful when barefoot, lol.

FW Oct 2016 053.jpg FW Oct 2016 056.jpg FW Oct 2016 057.jpg FW Oct 2016 093.jpg FW Oct 2016 095.jpg FW Oct 2016 096.jpg FW Oct 2016 100.jpg FW Oct 2016 101.jpg

We headed out of the Fort at 10:50 and were home about 40 minutes later. Got everything unpacked and the laundry started and will have to turn around and repack everything as we head back to the Fort in 10 days for my birthday, so next report will be in the November trip thread. Hope everyone else had a great time too.

We had the most fun with the squirrels at our campsite. My son started feeding them (yes, we know this is against the rules) peanuts the first day and from there it was game on! As soon as our camper door opened, they were at the bottom of the steps. We kept trying to find ways to make them "work" for the nuts. Some were very smart, others, not so much. Also, our toes must look like peanuts, had to be careful when barefoot, lol.

View attachment 204489 View attachment 204490 View attachment 204491 View attachment 204492 View attachment 204493 View attachment 204494 View attachment 204495 View attachment 204496
Out of all the posts over the month you get the prize!

Job well done with this one.

I was going to say that Tiggerdad would be proud, but he already chimed in. Indeed, I can see him grinning from ear to ear all the way up here in NEPA.

Seems like my trails end coffee experience just got stranger. Todayvtheyvhasnprobelms with the POS computer. When I ordered breakfast she could charge me and everything was complimentary. The manager was there serving up hot coffee and cinnamon rolls. Makes me wonder what tomorrow's coffee adventure will be

So we pulled out of the Fort at 1130 and made it home at 9. Not bad with an old truck pulling and overweight 5th wheel 550 miles. I'm too tired to do a full TR so I will just say we had lots of fun. Our candy lasted until 850 in the 700 loop. I have no clue how many kids but suspect over 500. I will try tomorrow to do a full TR with some pics.

At present sitting at my gate at MCO awaiting my flight home. We spent our last day at MK yesterday. Both DH and I where surprised when we noticed the Halloween decorations had been replaced by Christmas garlands and wreaths. We rode Buzz Lightyear, Goofy's barnstormer, Dumbo and finished the morning with POTC. Back to the Fort for a lunch of sandwiches and taking down the inflatables, followed by laundry and a quick cleaning.
In the evening we headed back to MK and enjoyed SDMT, Mickey's Philharmagic and ice cream at the Plaza. The final rides of the evening were Jingle Cruise, Country Bears and Haunted Mansion. We watched the fireworks from the boat on the way back to Fort Wilderness.
Now home to earn more money to pay for the trip in January. Aall the best to those still at the Fort and looking forward to the November and December trip reports.

Okay as promised here is my TR is several sections. First my handicapped daughter and I only left Mobile Al around 1 pm. We arrived at the rest south of Ocala around 10. We bedded down for the night with the camper partly open. I decided against running my generator all night and only ran it to warm up the camper before we went to sleep. Well around 630 am I was rudely awakened by this loud back up alarm. Which sounded like it was literally backing circles around my camper. After it finally stopped I give up going back to sleep and decided to head into the Fort. As I exited the camper I realized two things. First it became fall/winter overnight. It was now 42 degrees and second we had been invaded by the National Guard. Apparently they had a convoy coming and had set up a mobile fueling station next to my camper with three hemmet fuelers. http://olive-drab.com/images/id_hemtt_m978_700_01.jpg
So we hit the road and after a coffee stop in the service plaza we arrived at the Fort just as they were opening the first stall around 9. So they funny part of the story is as she was checking me in I read the instructions ( which I wasn't supposed to see) for her to call a manager to come greet me in person. Seems I had complained about the bothersome noisy kids trick or treating and they were to assign me to a nice quiet loop. Well Jennifer arrived and told me they had me all set and would be putting me in the 1100 loop as I asked for. Well I sternly informed her that was not the case and I wanted the loop I had requested. They ran to some back room and later returned to say they had me in 700 somewhere. So off to the very full overflow lot. Some three hours later I went back to the office and got another manager to help me actually pick my site. The only thing opening that day I would fit in was the same one I had last year 724. But it was till occupied for now. After another hour and with the help of Carol Ann Cruise I determined my site was empty and clean so we rolled on in. The funny thing was the next morning I got the text and email that my site was ready at 930 am.

After setting up most of the way I was rushing out of the Fort late to go get my cart and Kenny called and told me my cart was sitting in the 800 loop. Awesome news. Later my son and his wife rode their bike down that afternoon and bought food with them. We cooked and looped some and then went to the Poly to watch Hallow Wishes from the beach. My daughter in law had never had Lapu Lapu so I got us both one. It set the mood just right for fireworks. My son passed since he had to ride the harley two hours home aft midnight.

Last edited:
The next couple of days my daughter and I hit the parks hard. She always seems to just want to go and go. Might be because she is riding in the wheel chair with me pushing. Not much eventful happened until we saw the Storm Troopers at Hollywood Studios. We caught the large marching formation which she liked and later while waiting to get popcorn before rushing to Fantasmic the roving Storm Troopers accosted her. Demanding ID and such. Well she is not shy and proceeded to tell them she would never join the dark side. She only went to the light side like Jesus. One of them actually had to walk off to hide his laughter. Then the second one shrugged and followed. A couple of minutes later they returned and started on her again pulling us out of line. The handler told me they were demanding I take their picture with them so I did. Click the smaller picture to watch the video.

Last edited:
We trick or treated in your loop (700 right?), I remember your daughter being so cute in her Minnie Outfit. Small world!!

Yes mich1073 that was her in the Minnie outfit. That's her thing to socialize while I give out candy. She is on a liquid diet so she doesn't eat candy or food.
Continuing on with my boring TR. We hit all the parks hard and did everything she wanted 4 times at least. She loves roller coasters just like me so we rode lots of rides and were able to basically loop Expedition Everest 4 times. It was dead. Both lines empty.

I get busy with getting her ready and forget to eat breakfast. We were stacking parks going in to Epcot and rushing over to Hollywood studios so we could get a day credit towards getting our passholder food and wine glasses. I'm not normally a Starbucks kinda guy but decided I needed the caffine and had wanted to try the croissant donut (cronut) to eat on the boat ride. I got the seasonal frozen caramel mocha macchiato. It was weird to me but was good with the cronut.

On another day we did a full day at Epcot. We went to the Chase lounge and got passes to see Billy Ocean later and it hit me we had time before the show I went online and booked a reservation for Tepan Edo. I figured that she would enjoy the cooks show while I ate. It was a winner. She loved it. Billy Ocean put on a good show but it was short. We had pretty good seats.

Final part. We decorated as best we could on our site. We had hoped for more room so I opted to mostly just use the inflatables.

The night before Halloween we went to the boat dock area to see the sights and ran into the headless horseman. She was amazed to put it mildly.

For Halloween my angel dressed as Minnie Mouse for the first time ever. We usually have to throw something together for her because she is between adult and child sizes. But I was able to find this costume at Walmart so I got it for her. Since she doesn't eat solid food she has no interest in trick or treating. Since she was small she has enjoyed greeting people and giving out candy. Here she is in her costume before going outside.

We tried to visit everyone but most people we came by so we didn't bother them. We did spent a little time at Steve's site (JETS70). We made a few new friends and I'm sure I saw a lot of you people trick or treating. I had 5 large bags of mixed candy well over a thousand pieces and ran out at 850 pm. We tried to give everyone two pieces so I estimate we had over 500 kids come by.
On Tuesday I had to get the cart returned and pack everything up to head home. I had to break my promise to Katie and pass on going to the Magic Kingdom breaking our check out day tradition. We finally cleared the site at 1130 and hit the road. At 9 pm Fort time we arrived back home in Mobile AL safely. We are tired but satisfied in the fact that we had a great father and daughter trip that she will remember forever. Than You to Everyone that makes Halloween at the Fort so great. I can't imagine anything better. Until next time, Take Care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter