October/Halloween Trip Reports

Judyfun

Mouseketeer
We are once again headed home for the end of October. Who all will be joining me? I

We will be there too. Full hook up loop from 10/28-11/1. First time for Halloween. Would also like to know what to expect as amount of candy to bring. With Halloween being on Monday, I would assume not as many kids trick or treating as last year when it was on Saturday.

I have the 27th and 28th booked and the 1st thru the 5th booked on a preferred still trying to fill the 29, 30 and 31st. I have found opening on all sites but a preferred. Still looking.:surfweb:

We will be there October 28th through November 13th for our first trip to the Fort for Halloween. :thumbsup2

We were there last October but left before Candy giving time. I was super impressed with all the decorations. Since then I have also visited at Christmas, a spring trip and just got back from a 4th of July trip. I am so excited!

October 23 to Nov 1st. Booked for Premium and will beg for 700 Loop again. This will be our third Halloween at the Fort. Advice for the new people plan on 100-300 kids looking for candy. We brought 10 bags last year and ran out after 2 hours or so. After that we went looping on the cart so it was all good.

How do you all handle handing out candy and toting? Does one parent usually stay behind? do you put out a bucket?

I have the the 29th - 31st Premium. Since I live less than an hour away, I figured that should work, but may try to add on the 1st so we can haul out that evening instead of pulling into the overflow. I know we want to do the cart parade and already bouncing ideas. I can print signs cheap so I might be printing large sides for the cart..... Not sure what yet.

Do you have to hand out candy and what time do they hand it out. We have MNSSH Tickets for Oct 31.

No you do not have to give out candy. The MNSSHP officially starts at 7 pm but you can enter the park at 4 pm so either way you won't be at the Fort that evening. Just turn all your outside lights off. Trick Or Treating starts around 6 pm. They always recommend that people giving out candy to set up a table or chair at the end of their site. They do not want kids going door to door knocking.

Last edited:
We will be there too for our annual Halloween trip! Our dates now are October 28 - November 2. Last year we had hundreds of kids trick or treating. The most fun was throwing out beads at the parade. This is our favorite time at the Fort!

No you do not have to give out candy. The MNSSHP officially starts at 7 pm but you can enter the park at 4 pm so either way you won't be at the Fort that evening. Just turn all your outside lights off. Trick Or Treating starts around 6 pm. They always recommend that people giving out candy to set up a table or chair at the end of their site. They do not want kids going door to door knocking.
Thanks we will turn all lights out when we leave.

We will be there 10/27-11/6! No worries about going to MNSSHP on 10/31, trick or treaters just go site to site to tables and chairs along the loops, they bypass sites that are all dark. PLENTY of sites to trick or treat! We've been there every year since 2008, we love it, so much fun, and we really enjoy watching the golf cart parade too! Can't wait to get back home :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter