new swap sign up here.. scavenger hunt swap...CLOSED

nicurn

<font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col
Ok, guess I will do the scavenger hunt swap. Here are the details:

closing swap out on saturday, june 18th

I would like to keep the group (s) to 10 people each. The orignal post over on lifetime moments had 3 groups, one was all hand made, one was handmade and storebought and one was all storebought. I don't know that we'll get enough people for all those groups, but we can do it with less than 10 as well. So please let me know what group (s) you would be interested in. Also I think a due date of Sept. 1st is good, gives us all summer.

After everyone signs up I'll let you know what you are "Scavaging" for. Some ideas that were given to me (not to give them all) something for halloween, something red (or some color), something for summer, etc.

Handmade Guidelines:
Items should be embellished at least 2 times (chalk, inked, matted, eyelets, etc.). Tags should be complete with fiber and eyelet.

the following list is just suggestions, if you want to do something else let me know.

Journal Box 1 per person
Small Embellished tags 2 per person
Large Embellished tags 1 per person
Photo Corners - 4 per person
Paper Piecing 1 per person
Photo Mat (to fit 4x6 picture) 1 per person
Page toppers 1 per person
Altered CD 1 per person
Book pockets 1 per person
Altered Playing Cards 2 per person
squares (4 per person)
altered bottle caps (3 per person)
frames 2 per person

Store Bought Guidelines:

the following list is just suggestions, if there is something else you would like to buy, please just let me know.

Fibers (no yarn, floss, etc) 2 yards per person
Wire 1 1/2 yards per person

Regular Buttons - 10 per person
Decorative Buttons - 5 per person
Eyelets shapes - 5 per person
Eyelets round - 10 per person
Brads round 10 per person
Brads shapes 5 per person
Nail heads 4 per person
Charms 4 per person
Mosaic tiles 4 per person
Metal rimmed tags 3 per person
Beads (seed or micro) 1 tsp
Glass beads - 1/2 tsp
Slide mounts - 3 per person
Plain Ribbon - 2 feet per person
Decorative Ribbon - 2 feet per person

I am sure there are things that I have missed drop me a PM if there is something you would like to see added to the list. maggie

hand made group 1 closed

journal box: grayfal
small embellished tags: disneyland emily/pirates mate
large embellished tag: sweet maxine/cristinadei
paper piecing: twigs
book pockets: scrapcreator
altered playing cards: nicurn
surprise: patty t
photo mats: mickeyteacher

Store bought group 1 closed

fibers: disneyland emily
eyelets round: grayfal
brads round: christinadei
brads shaped: twigs
glass beads: sweet maxine
slide mounts: spinning
decorative ribbon: scrapcreator
plain ribbon: pirates mate
woven corners: nicurn
surprise: patty t

store bought group 2closed
buttons: missmulan
brads round: mickey teacher
plain ribbon: bubbasmom99
decorative ribbon: pam
decorative buttons: julianne
fibers: Iluvpooh1
shaped brads: angelmom
round eyelets (or snaps): aurora19
microbeads: mom2madi
surprise: disney-cruiser

hand made group 2closed

journal boxes: angelmom
frames: disney_cruiser
large embellished tags: mom2madi
small embellished tags: wdwmom
surprise: pirate's mate
journal boxes: dreams91
bookpockets: inky dinky doo
photo mats(or something else): sweet maxine
bottle caps: nicurn
squares: disneyfreakjackie

store bought group 3closed

fibers: wdwmom
regular eyelets: dreams91
decorative buttons: inky dinky doo
snaps (round): christinadei
shaped eyelets: pirates mate
regular buttons: disneyfreakjackie
fibers: jennyvelaz
decorative ribbon: bubbasmom99
brads: lewdyan
surprise: ReAnst

Maggie put me down for the store items. I will do slide mounts! Paper card board ones are ok?

Put me down for Journal Box in group 1 and eyelet rounds in group 2 :cool1:

Oops! was I allowed to go into both groups ? ...let me know!

hey ok so I have spinning down in the shopping group and grayfal down in the homemade group and in the shopping group. I'll make a nice pretty update later. maggie

Maggie, I will take paper form handmade group, and shaped brads from the store bought group. Joyce

I'll join. How about large tags in the handmarde group and round brads in the store bought group?

Are we allowed to duplicate an item in the handmade group? If so, I'd like to do the small tags. If not, how about photo corners? (I'll need an explanation though.)

For the store bought group, sign me up for plain ribbon.

Can I ask a few questions? Will you assign our theme or do we get to pick it? If we picked 2 groups, do they need to be the same theme?

More specifically, for the tags, it says must be complete with eyelet and fiber, does thtat mean to put an eyelet in the whole (and close) and then fiber through the whole? Is that all that needs to be done, or does it still need to be embellished twice? Also, for the photo corners, they need to be embellished twice? I can't think of how to do that? I'm guessing I'll buy store bought photo corners and then somehow decorate them? With fiber or some type of stickers, buttons, etc. but twice? I'm not sure how to do that. Can you elaborate a little? Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions, i just want to be sure to do what I'm supposed to!

ok, I have everyone up to here. we can have some duplication since everyone will be scavenging for different things (ie: someone will get halloween, someone will get water, shiny, etc) Right now there are 9 people in the storebought group and 8 in the handmade. I'm going to keep the groups at 10 people per group so that it doesn't get out of hand. however, I can open more groups if the need is there, so don't panic if it looks full. :) I am however going to close the swap on monday june 20th. maggie

Maggie, I have a bag of about 50 slide mounts that came from a photography studio. They are plastic but just one solid color. Is this what you mean by slide mounts, or do you mean the colored ones from the scrapbook store?

Also, do I understand from what I read on the other forum that you will give us a general idea of what to look for or make, then it's up to us to run with the idea? Do I understand that correctly?

man you guys are fast! ok in answer to questions:

christinadei, I have you down for large tag and round brads, did you want to switch to photo corners? let me know.

sweet maxine, yes you are right about the slide mounts, they can either be plastic or cardboard.

also, once the groups fill (which could be happening as I type since y'all are so dang fast) I will give you what to scavenge for and then you pretty much run with that. For example if you get blue you could do ocean, beach, pool, stitch, etc (at least that is the impression I got from that thread).

pirates'mate, I put you down for the small tags and the plain ribbon.

now I guess I'll have to think about what to make y'all scavenge for. :goodvibes maggie

ok group one of the storebought one is now closed. if more people want to join, I'll open group 2. maggie

ok, I have you in the next group of store bought stuff. maggie

sorry, you and I must have posted at the same time but since store bought closed before I can reply fast, I'll just sit out this one. Sorry.

nicurn said:
man you guys are fast! ok in answer to questions:

christinadei, I have you down for large tag and round brads, did you want to switch to photo corners? let me know.

:goodvibes maggie

Tags are great! I was trying to decide b/t the two. You can keep me down for tags. Do I embellish the tags twice, and then use an eyelet in the hole and fiber in the hole? Or is that counted as the 2 embellishments?

missmulan, I am sure we will get more people who want to join, please don't feel like you have to sit this one out. and if we don't, you can have my spot in the storebought group. not to worry. maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter