New offers

Just been messing about on the NL website with dates/hotels and realised that I don't even need to know the language.......my fingers just know how to work the website all by themself :lmao::lmao:

3 nights, Oct for family 5 room at DLH just over £1400!

ok now i am getting annoyed at how much the rack rates have risen in just over a year. last feb with 20 percent off i paid 555 for six nights at the santa fe, nov with 40 percent off i paid 595 and for this oct with 40 percent off its 636. so the prices arent as good as they seem as they just had crazy prices to reduce to begin with

ok now i am getting annoyed at how much the rack rates have risen in just over a year. last feb with 20 percent off i paid 555 for six nights at the santa fe, nov with 40 percent off i paid 595 and for this oct with 40 percent off its 636. so the prices arent as good as they seem as they just had crazy prices to reduce to begin with

Ya i was thinking the same, though i have only been pricing peak times (july+oct mid term) i must price last yrs dates as a matter if intrest.

Priced our june trip last yr we payed 595 for 3 ad ,1 ch ,1 enfant. This yr its 869 euro!!!

For those of you who are waiting for the new offers to come out, I don't know if this is of any relevance? You get this message on the DLRP website when you're going through the booking process:

"Informatic maintenance
Due to informatic maintenance reasons, our online reservation and telephone services will be exceptionally unavailable from Saturday 27th February at 7 p.m. to Monday 1st March at 9a.m.
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience. "

Never been before so I have no idea if this means they'll be releasing the new offer on 1 March.

HTH

Su

Its still not up on the UK site....I want to see the prices in pounds before i debate on what to do.

You're right Sonya, even 40% off the full brochure price is still expensive, I think (certainly compared to previous years).

I worked it out this year, that I would really need to get a 50% offer or better, even for the Santa Fe, for it to be better value than booking a 4* associated hotel and getting a new AP for my DD :confused3 - wheres the sense in Disney's pricing policy?

Just priced some half term holidays using the Dutch site...doesn't look to cheap to me but maybe I'm expecting too much (or too little!! lol)
BUT...SL coming out not much more expensive than Cheyenne!

For one adult, one child 7, one child 4: 3 nights/4 days
Sequoia Lodge
May half term E608 (£534)
Oct half term E717.60 (£630)

Cheyenne
May half term E595 (£522)
Oct half term E707.60

Oh what to do, what to do.........weather better in May, but Oct half term wil have Halloween- yay- and TS playland open..........

One other thing to consider, for us Brits, is that we don't know which exchange rate Disney are currently using, do we? That could make a big difference to what we think the price may be in sterling, using the Dutch site prices as a guide.

One other thing to consider, for us Brits, is that we don't know which exchange rate Disney are currently using, do we? That could make a big difference to what we think the price may be in sterling, using the Dutch site prices as a guide.

VERY good point...won't start defrosting my credit card yet then!!!:guilty:

the dutch price is working out the same as the price on the irish website according to my calculations so i am hoping to book over the phone for oct as soon as they put the offer up. that is of course if i can get the 40 percent off

I wouldn't read too much into the prices on the dutch site. Disney has a history of offering different countries different prices.

With the exchange rate as it is, Disneyland Paris isn't a very attractive offer to English people. It's just too expensive. Disney must know that they'll have to come up with something good to attract us.

I wouldn't read too much into the prices on the dutch site. Disney has a history of offering different countries different prices.

With the exchange rate as it is, Disneyland Paris isn't a very attractive offer to English people. It's just too expensive. Disney must know that they'll have to come up with something good to attract us.

people usually moan the uk gets the best deals :lmao:

its not gonna get any better than 40 percent off

If you look in the back of all the brochures under the 'Prices and price guarantee' section it gives the exchange rates and the date the prices were set:thumbsup2 (it's in the paper brochure and the e-brochure)

These are the exchange rates that they've used :-

on 6/5/08 an exchange rate of 1.2626 Euro = £1 for prices set for 1/06/09 to 8/11/09

on 24/2/09 an exchange rate of 1.1561 Euro = £1 for prices set for 9/11/09 to 1/4/10

on 25/06/09 an exchange rate of 1.1056 Euro = £1 for prices set for 2/4/10 to 8/11/10

Now compare these to the previous exchange rates:-

on 20/06/07 an exchange rate of 1.4350 Euro = £1 for the summer 08 period

on 10/03/08 an exchange rate of 1.4194 Euro = £1 for the winter 08/09 period

Thats one of the reasons the prices seem much dearer now. It's also why the half board vouchers were such good value at one point, eg, I bought HB vouchers in Dec 08 for our trip in Jan 09, the prices were set when the exchange rate was 1.4194 but the exchange rate when we actually went was approx 1.1 so we got a good deal:thumbsup2 So even if they've only actually put the price up by say 20 euros a night then for us in £'s it seems even more as the £ is worth less!

The way I look at it is that if the exchange rate is high in Feb/March or May/June of this year then next year we will have better prices - possibly:confused3 but then again I might be wrong:rotfl:

I tried the Dutch site last night but the prices I was getting were really high - it just said 'standard package & under 7's free' - and I couldn't find anything under the special offers that said '40% off' - how did you all find the offer????

Suze x

I tried the Dutch site last night but the prices I was getting were really high - it just said 'standard package & under 7's free' - and I couldn't find anything under the special offers that said '40% off' - how did you all find the offer????

Suze x

I just went straight to the hotels section and tried to book the hotel I wanted for the dates I want, and it came up and when I read down I could see "40% off" in one of the information boxes....I think their site still said landing soon too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter