MyDisneyExperience Website Completely Updated

Just off phone with Dis IT - I have been using an older version iPad mini for years - does exactly what I need it to do - never had a problem accessing MDE (web or app) with the older version - now my iPad won't support the newer version - iOS is 9.3 - updating now (taking forever to 9.3.5 - (highest available) - per IT - won't support this new version - so now basically have to use my iPod ( iOS 10.3) now

So with the update we should be able to see our magical express reservation? Do I have to check in to see this? I still have 93 days left and dont want to check in yet so is there another way to see the reservation? I also booked through a travel agent so I don't have the change reservation option either.

Conceptually the new MDE looks good...…..unfortunately at this time...….it doesn't work! My magic band order has an incorrect date for doing updates :oops:...…..my wife's tickets don't show up (when they did previously)>:(…….the system is apparently showing tickets from our Jan 2016 trip o_O. I was on the phone with a CM from tickets and she said the wait time to talk to IT was 70min (this at 10pm). Looks like we have another amazingly inept implementation from Disney IT...….

I need to buy tickets for our December weekend in the next couple of days (to be the new ticket process)…….I expected to do this online...….maybe I'll call :D

Doug :goofy:

BTW...…….just noticed that you can't add any detailed plans to days your at WDW. Hopefully that function will be available when they FIX what they obviously installed way to early!

I'm concerned. I just logged into my MDE account via my desktop. I was updating the avatars for my family members who lost theirs with the update. When I went back to the home profile page, it had my name "XXXX' plan's" but it was the itinerary of a large family that is completely unknown to me. I was able to see their resort reservations, dining reservations, fast passes, confirmation numbers, the amount left to pay, etc. I'm completely unsettled. If I was taken to this family's MDE account, that most certainly means that someone can have access to mine. I signed out and logged back in and its back to my profile with my information. This is major. My mind is spinning at the moment... I need to report this to Disney IT, does anyone know what their email address is?

That is alarming and a big breach of information.

For those of you concerned with the website giving incorrect dates for updating the Magic Band: We arrive on 11/2 and the website stated we had until 10/27 to update our Magic Bands. However, today we got the notification that our bands have shipped. The system appears to be working correctly despite the dates shown on MDE. So, one less thing to worry about.

BTW...…….just noticed that you can't add any detailed plans to days your at WDW. Hopefully that function will be available when they FIX what they obviously installed way to early!

I really miss this feature too as I like to add the park(s) we’re going to each day to easily keep track of park hours, etc. I’ve been adding it via ‘notes’ this week but it’s definitely not the same.

Conceptually the new MDE looks good...…..unfortunately at this time...….it doesn't work! My magic band order has an incorrect date for doing updates :oops:...…..my wife's tickets don't show up (when they did previously)>:(…….the system is apparently showing tickets from our Jan 2016 trip o_O. I was on the phone with a CM from tickets and she said the wait time to talk to IT was 70min (this at 10pm). Looks like we have another amazingly inept implementation from Disney IT...….

I need to buy tickets for our December weekend in the next couple of days (to be the new ticket process)…….I expected to do this online...….maybe I'll call :D

Agree - it looks pretty but doesn't work for us either - I can access from iPod from not from iPad- and even from iPod , can no longer search for dining reservations since the change was made - It just keeps spinning while searching and/or I get an error message and says "sorry, can't search for dining reservations at this time"

Last edited:
I've tried for several days to look at "my plans" and keep getting the message "please come back later, we are unable to show your plans at this time":headache:

I feel the changes they’ve made make it mandatory that we use newer technology. Not all of us have those options so portions of this upgrade are disappointing in that way.

Could not agree more ! I even tried my DDs Mac AirBook last night, which is brand new, and couldn't access from her device either !

So with the update we should be able to see our magical express reservation? Do I have to check in to see this? I still have 93 days left and dont want to check in yet so is there another way to see the reservation? I also booked through a travel agent so I don't have the change reservation option either.
The update has nothing to do with seeing ME status on your account. It's always been there and is still accessible the same ways it has always been. During Online Check in. Which, you won't have to complete if you don't want to. Just click on it to open the screen. You only use the Change Reservation option to enter the ME info in a quick and short form.

I am unable to book ANY FP+ as the website is completely glitching for me and not recognizing anyone's APs.
If I try to book, it will change each time in who it says has admission and who doesn't.

On phone with Disney IT support now.

Has anyone asked for anytime FP+ when this happens? I was unable to get SDD, SDMT and FOP due to the system not allowing me to book FP+ for 2 days now - I am hoping they'll make this right for us :(

Ok so it let me in today (yeah) but when I go to make room location request and I click on select nothing is there. And it was like that last week as well

I am unable to book ANY FP+ as the website is completely glitching for me and not recognizing anyone's APs.
If I try to book, it will change each time in who it says has admission and who doesn't.

Has anyone asked for anytime FP+ when this happens? I was unable to get SDD, SDMT and FOP due to the system not allowing me to book FP+ for 2 days now - I am hoping they'll make this right for us :(
I'm sorry this is happening for you. Just a heads up that if you request anytime FPs that they are normally not valid at SDD, FoP and possibly SDMT either.

From what I've read from others who had the same problem Disney was pretty much, sorry for your issues, but your SOL. Now in their defence what's to keep someone who didn't want to wake up early claiming IT problems

Ok so it let me in today (yeah) but when I go to make room location request and I click on select nothing is there. And it was like that last week as well

The room request feature of MDE has been broken for awhile now, well before this recent update. It will show you a box to make two requests, but the drop down boxes are blank.

If you have room requests that are important to you, I would strongly encourage you to call the main reservation line and ask your requests to be noted on your reservation. Alternatively, options like Touring Plans room request feature may be of interest to some.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter