MyDisneyExperience Website Completely Updated

Mine looks good except on the main page it says I have till 11/11 to pick magic bands. I check in 11/17 so pretty sure that’s an error
That's defintely an error. Mine says we have till Nov 4 when we are checking in Nov 10. Then when you click the link, it says customize by Oct 10 which is correct.

Ummm, the My Plans page isn't loading at all --- it's completely blank. I have cleared cookies and cache. My Magic Band info shows up. Hmmmm.

For the people with missing tickets...

My husband’s ticket was missing today. I used to work in IT as a quality assurance tester, so naturally, I started messing around.

I’d sent him an invite awhile back to be able to manage plans too. Surprise, surprise, he never accepted the invite. I withdrew the invitation and his ticket appeared.

Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation, but thought I’d share in case it helps anyone.
I manage the account that has the missing ticket.

Here's hoping they actually changed and updated the technology behind the facade.
My friend's sister who can literally build a computer has said the reason it still so crappy is because nothing behind the scenes changes.
Its like running Windows 95 in 2018. You can change what it looks like but its still gonna work like crap if you don't update the technology behind it.

You can have all the technology in the backend but if its coded poorly it will run that way too.

Does it show whether or not your Magical Express is booked anywhere on the site?

Unfortunately not. I wish they would add that feature. Drives me nuts.

OK, I decided to be brave and try something I couldn't do in the past....and it worked!!

We had 9 day park hoppers attached to our reservation and after changes made on the weekend I knew we only needed 8 day park passes. In the past I had to call Disney to make this change but now the website was showing the option to do it myself...so I tried it out!

In the 'My Plans, Reservations and Tickets' area there was a new button, 'Change Reservation'. I clicked that, went down to 'Theme Park Tickets' and saw an option to Change. Clicked it, followed it through, confirmed my new price and voila, my tickets are now 8 day tickets and price was adjusted accordingly. Easy peasy!

I decided to start my check in and @Br'er Rabbit is the Best, look what I found when I was checking in...

View attachment 355298

So, if you add, review or update your check in information you will see if you have already requested Disney's Magical Express!

Liking this update more and more even though there are some things I still wish I could do but possibly have just not figured out how yet.

Change Reservations and seeing Magical Express has been a part of MDE for years. It actually surprises me how many never see it
It's on both the app and the website
Here's a stay of mine from earlier this year
BF2019D9-C798-4F57-BF8A-9431FE0E9444.jpg

And one from the year before
ME%20Info.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone been successful with online check-in since this update? I have two different reservations in November. I’ve been trying to check in for both all day today to no avail. I get a page with Goofy that says, “Sorry we encountered an error. Please try again later.” Very frustrating. Luckily this isn’t until Thanksgiving. Perhaps it will working for me by then.

For the people with missing tickets...

My husband’s ticket was missing today. I used to work in IT as a quality assurance tester, so naturally, I started messing around.

I’d sent him an invite awhile back to be able to manage plans too. Surprise, surprise, he never accepted the invite. I withdrew the invitation and his ticket appeared.

Not sure if anyone else is in the same situation, but thought I’d share in case it helps anyone.

Thank you for this. After the glitch I had three family members who had suddenly reverted to “pending”, as if I’d just sent them an invite. Well, I ignored it because everything still looked okay. But after the update today their tickets were gone so I just went and withdrew the invitations and, bingo, tickets are back.

Has anyone been successful with online check-in since this update? I have two different reservations in November. I’ve been trying to check in for both all day today to no avail. I get a page with Goofy that says, “Sorry we encountered an error. Please try again later.” Very frustrating. Luckily this isn’t until Thanksgiving. Perhaps it will working for me by then.
I was able to check in for our Dec trip.

Change Reservations and seeing Magical Express has been a part of MDE for years. It actually surprises me how many never see it
It's on both the app and the website
Here's a stay of mine from earlier this year
BF2019D9-C798-4F57-BF8A-9431FE0E9444.jpg

And one from the year before
ME%20Info.jpg

It doesn't always show, I have had to call and ask about it a few times even though we requested it.

I guess, I've always had mine mailed to me. However, if you book too late to customize, I understand the bands are gray. So, I would think it's too late to customize at 5 or 6 days out.

Online everything works fine. Not at all on the ap. When I put in my confirmation number I get the same error message others have reported: "Reservation Already Linked. This reservation is currently linked to (My Name) account. For assistance..."

I don't have 2 MDE accounts and this is very frustrating.

You'll have to call them. I logged in today to see the new look and I was the only one with a Magic Band - and it's our last day to select them. IT had to re-add all my family's magic bands.
Thank you... I had my TA have a look at it today and it looks okey :)

You'll have to call them. I logged in today to see the new look and I was the only one with a Magic Band - and it's our last day to select them. IT had to re-add all my family's magic bands.
Same thing happened to me. I checked early yesterday and everything was fine. I checked again around 7pm ET and my son's magic band was missing. Yesterday was our last day to customize, so I hopped on the phone and the chat (chat was faster) and I think it was fixed. At least it now shows the correct number of bands. By the time we were through, I could no longer see the order. Instead, I had the "your order is being personalized message." I hope it's all correct - the trip is a surprise and I really want the bands to be right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter