More prayers needed for Kevin today (Update post 113)

Thanks for the update Kevin! I am so glad to hear that everything is fine.
I am thinking of both you and John and hoping that this will all be behind you very soon.
You are both very lucky to have each other!
Take care!!!
Jennifer

:grouphug: pixiedust: :grouphug:

Ok....we are home.

I have gotten nothing but good news after a day of being scared and worried and distraught.

I woke up this morning and my eyes were puffy and swollen. Had some tears last night and it seems they may have been to blame, but didnt think of that at the time.

One of the symptoms of having a detached retina is that it looks like a shade is being drawn from the top of your periphiral vision. It was one of the things that originally led me to believe I had a retina problem.

It seemed to be back this morning and I took that as a sign that my retina had re-detached. I called my eye DR (who is fantastic and a saint) and he answered his own phone....on a Saturday....he suggested that I give it a bit of time and that he'd call back. He called back and I was more nervous and upset and he suggested I come to his office at 6PM ....on a Saturday!!!!

We met him at the office and he did a full exam. It's hard to explain, but during the surgery, he put a gas bubble in my eye. This is done to hold the retina in place . This is why you must lay face down for so long. That bubble rises to the top and holds the retina where it is suppsed to be.

It seems that when I am looking straight ahead, that bubble rises to the top of my eye and now....I can start to see the bottom of the bubble where it meets the fluid in my eye. This is the dark line I am seeing....and not a detached retina.

I was elated, hysterical, grateful and exhausted. Armed with my limited knowledge and experience, I had diagnosed my very worst fears as far as my eye is concerned and obsessed ablout it all day. By the time I had reached his office, I was a mess.

To say that the DR , John and my Mom have been patient with me is an understatemment. I was sure that today was a major setback and I had a hard time dealing with it. To find it wasn't that at all has made me anew man and even more appreciative of my friends and family.

Thank you again for all of the prayers. I'm really glad to have you all in my corner. Words dont seem to be enough....

Thank you all....

Kevin

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Oh Thanks Goodness!!!! I'm sure you feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. I'm so relieved for you!!!!! Stay well!:grouphug:

Kim

Kevin I am so glad you are ok! I always think the worst thing when I have a medical issue and my anxiey gets to be more of a problem then my original problem! I hope you have a restful night! Big hugs!:thumbsup2

Fantastic news - so glad to hear it. Try to relax - we're all hoping you have a very speedy recovery.

:grouphug: Hugs to Kevin and John.

pirate: PD and prayers for a smoother recovery.pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Kevin-

I am giving you a big hug straight from Massachusetts!!

I am so glad things are ok!

:grouphug:

Oh Kevin, I'm so sorry you went through this! What an ordeal you have been through. Thinking good thoughts for you still.

--Daneen

Excellent news!!!!

I'm sure i'd be scared to death if something like that was going on with my eyes too...

Hang in there and know that we're all rooting for ya!

Much love and hugs!

Kevin that is fantastic news!!!! I am glad all is well. Hang in there.

Good news! I can imagine and sympathize with your panic. Glad that it's all good!

Oh Kevin, I am so glad you have a good Doctor, and that you have gotten such good news today. I'm also glad you have John to take care of you and your Mom and Dad around you as well. Get some rest today. It sounds like you must be exhausted from all the anxiety, stress, and worry. Tomorrow is another day. Thank you for keeping us posted. We're all pulling for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter