Moana rumored to be replacing tiki room

At first I was against the idea because I don't like change but I thought about and I'd be excited for a princess attraction/girl power show.

Careful, I can remember not too long ago, when Tron was announced that Martin at WDWMagic.com stated that one option post Tron opening was eliminating Space Mountain. Have not heard one thing post that, and it sent a major panic when he put it, but the reality is..... if Space Mountain could even be talked about being gotten rid of, CBJ and Tiki and others would not surprise me at all.

It’s ideas like that, that really make me wonder about ways to actually protect historically important theme park attractions. I know that ACE does what it can to preserve coasters, but they have no real power unfortunately and only deal with coasters.

Losing Tiki at Magic would be disappointing but it’s not the important one. Space is arguably the second most iconic coaster in the world following the Coney Island Cyclone. Honestly it’s removal or alteration is likely the only thing to actually push me away from going to Disney.

I am truly curious what would happen if people were able to get landmark status for parts of Disney. Other places do have rides on the National Registry.

I really don't mind if they update the shows but keep the theme, but I don't want them just replaced with IP for the sake of it. If Moana joins the TIki Brids then I can be okay with that (if it's better than the Under New Management - which wasn't an idea I was against in principle). Country Bears can get some updated songs and references or something, I'm all good with that (agian, pending execution). Here;s hoping that sense will prevail.

It’s ideas like that, that really make me wonder about ways to actually protect historically important theme park attractions. I know that ACE does what it can to preserve coasters, but they have no real power unfortunately and only deal with coasters.

Losing Tiki at Magic would be disappointing but it’s not the important one. Space is arguably the second most iconic coaster in the world following the Coney Island Cyclone. Honestly it’s removal or alteration is likely the only thing to actually push me away from going to Disney.

I am truly curious what would happen if people were able to get landmark status for parts of Disney. Other places do have rides on the National Registry.

The landmarks are more likely to apply to Disneyland where the original Tiki Room is. Unfortunately, they no longer have CBJ, so preserving ht MK one is key (it's the original one anyway).

Let’s just remove all the classic at this point. Space mountain now Wall-e, big thunder themed to Indiana Jones, haunted mansion year round nightmare before Christmas.

They should be more worried about updating and keeping classic fresh than completely replacing.
I was thinking about this last night when I was thinking about how I couldn't care less about the remakes. I am personally a Disney Theme Park fan, not a Disney fan, which probably makes me unusual. But almost all of my favorite rides, the rides that make Disney World stand out to me, are almost all non-IP rides. I like several/most of the IP rides, but I don't think there is a single one in my top 10 (while, except FoP, but that is non-Disney IP). To me CoP, SSE, Tiki are all things you can only get at Disney and its what makes Disney Parks different than everyone else.

The landmarks are more likely to apply to Disneyland where the original Tiki Room is. Unfortunately, they no longer have CBJ, so preserving ht MK one is key (it's the original one anyway).
I was more speaking in general. Both certainly have attractions that are historically significant for different reasons. People have saved attractions through Landmark Status before. The argument for Country Bears being that it was the last thing that Walt worked on in the studio.

some do still get long lines though - Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Peter Pan, etc. - maybe not as long as Flight of Passage, but they get decent lines/the demand is there ... but others, could use some love and/or might make sense to replace - but something can be a "classic" and still get crowds
I think people are comparing the lack of line at the classic shows to lines are rides. But even the new shows, like Frozen never get a line. The COP theater is huge, lots of people could go through there with there being a wait, not waiting is one of the nice things about shows. Shows are also going to have lower attendance because a lot of people will prioritize rides over shows, as well.

Uh, this one really has legs now. Martin predicted this a while ago, and confirmed it with "yeah kind of late with this news" when talking about this - so I think this is real, some kind of Moana overlay to Tiki

But does Moana really have staying power or is it likely that in a few years they will be changing it again?

I need to stop visiting the rumors threads. It always makes me sad.
But, at least if it's an overlay, then can switch it back after people get tired of it. :)

The fact that original, fan loved shows are getting killed before stuff like PhilarMagic or The Little Mermaid in HS just feels like a spit in the face to the fans. I do want Moana but you could easily do something with Tom Sawyer's Island or Swiss Family Treehouse and incorporate it in a way that does poop on the history of Disney as well as Disney fans.

I don't imagine this is a popular opinion, but I'd rather see Hall of Presidents replaced than Country Bears or Tiki Room.
PhilharMagic is super underrated IMO. And Little Mermaid still draws big crowds for every showtime. Tiki Room is a "lets sit down for a while" attraction. I agree preserving history is great but this needs a complete overhaul.

I don't imagine this is a popular opinion, but I'd rather see Hall of Presidents replaced than Country Bears or Tiki Room.

Are there people who actually like the Hall of Presidents? That's the most boring show around (and I say that as someone who loves the American Adventure).

I think a lot of folks from foreign countries enjoy the HOP, as a chance to see some of America's history. I personally have no interest in the HOP but I studied the presidents in history class, but it may appeal to someone who didn't have an in depth course over our founding fathers.

Am I the only person who would be excited about this?

My family and I saw the Tiki Room show exactly once. It had racial and stereotypical undertones that made us very uncomfortable. We refuse to go again. But we all love Moana and would love this change.

We did Tiki once only as well.

I know a number of fans clamouring for more Moana. Although it would need to be a live character to make it worth it.

Now if they just kept Tiki and added a Moana attraction somewhere-that would be ideal I suppose.

I think a lot of folks from foreign countries enjoy the HOP, as a chance to see some of America's history. I personally have no interest in the HOP but I studied the presidents in history class, but it may appeal to someone who didn't have an in depth course over our founding fathers.

I like the Hall of Presidents, but I don't really like the recent version of the show that much. It's a bit long and focuses only on very specific things. I am fine with it in concept though. It is nice that it gets changed somewhat with every new president.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter