Moana rumored to be replacing tiki room

I’ll be ok as long as they don’t touch Carousel of Progress, it’s the only other attraction in MK that is in the same vein as CBJ and ETR and the one I would be devastated to see go.

Edit: HOP also fits this category but I seriously don’t see them replacing that ever

Last edited:

If they are to remove a "classic" attraction, they should start with the Tomorrowland Speedway. They had a perfect opportunity to retheme, or tear it down with the Tron construction, but since they spent time and money changing the track to fit, I doubt that will change.

The fact remains that "classic" attractions (shows) .. just don't pull the crowds. Every time I've gone (gladly) to these, you basically walk right in (or just wait for the next show to start) .. and even then the theatres aren't full. They are looking for fresh new attractions to attract fans both new and old.

While I enjoy them (simply because a show is a nice change of pace to sit down, not have a long wait, etc.) and would miss the "classics" .. I've seen them, my kids have seen them .. go ahead and replace them with something new. Just do it with quality (not Enchanted Tiki room -"Under New Management" quality.)

Disney has an ever growing list of IPs that could make great attractions, you can't please everyone.

But isn't so much of the love of Disney and people going back over time the nostalgia of the place? I went the first time in the 70's and as of right now, can take my grandchildren to the same shows and attractions that I loved on that trip or at least some of them. I think they could update them but let them remain pretty much as they are. Not every attraction needs a movie to go with it.

Updating the music in Tiki Room would go a long way. Maybe in CBJ too. Kids like what they can relate to and most kids love music.

I do think that most of the older attractions needs some major updating. Take Pirates for example. This one is older but is much loved, but the animatronics are starting to show their age. Not in needing repairs maybe but in technology. The Jack Sparrow ones beside the older ones, just make them look, bad. And then you see the new animatronics in AK and over in Universal and they really look bad! Same with the Tiki Room birds and the Bears.

Let’s just remove all the classic at this point. Space mountain now Wall-e, big thunder themed to Indiana Jones, haunted mansion year round nightmare before Christmas.

They should be more worried about updating and keeping classic fresh than completely replacing.

That's a good point .... not saying it would turn CBJ into a "must have FP" or anything, but properly maintaining it so the animatronics are top notch and the sound it great and the seats are comfortable would definitely make it more attractive to many people. Also, bring back the seasonal shows for the regulars (the Christmas and summer editions)

If they are to remove a "classic" attraction, they should start with the Tomorrowland Speedway. They had a perfect opportunity to retheme, or tear it down with the Tron construction, but since they spent time and money changing the track to fit, I doubt that will change.

The fact remains that "classic" attractions (shows) .. just don't pull the crowds. Every time I've gone (gladly) to these, you basically walk right in (or just wait for the next show to start) .. and even then the theatres aren't full. They are looking for fresh new attractions to attract fans both new and old.

While I enjoy them (simply because a show is a nice change of pace to sit down, not have a long wait, etc.) and would miss the "classics" .. I've seen them, my kids have seen them .. go ahead and replace them with something new. Just do it with quality (not Enchanted Tiki room -"Under New Management" quality.)

Disney has an ever growing list of IPs that could make great attractions, you can't please everyone.

some do still get long lines though - Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Peter Pan, etc. - maybe not as long as Flight of Passage, but they get decent lines/the demand is there ... but others, could use some love and/or might make sense to replace - but something can be a "classic" and still get crowds

100% agree. That thing needs to either go completely or be totally overhauled to electric/futuristic style cars. However I can see why they had to keep it. It's a massive footprint—unless they had a major attraction to be putting in it's place then it would have been a dead zone.

I’ll be ok as long as they don’t touch Carousel of Progress, it’s the only other attraction in MK that is in the same vein as CBJ and ETR and the one I would be devastated to see go.

Edit: HOP also fits this category but I seriously don’t see them replacing that ever

Let's see CoP could be turned into the new version of "Circle of Life" with Lion King theming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter