Moana rumored to be replacing tiki room

While I don’t believe anyone should support them, if you take a look back on the webpage of the site that originally posted the ETR “rumor”, they issued a statement in response to Disney parks blog, and it’s good for a pretty good laugh. I chuckled along at their incompetence and how they were taken aback as I read.

One of the funniest things to me is how instead of citing they were wrong, they insist Disney’s “plans have changed” :rotfl2:

I unfollowed them. I don’t like a group that is constantly posting rumors and in my opinion acts like they are true. That’s just my opinion. But mostly I didn’t like how they were responding to people calling them out. I’d rather them own up to the mistake. Maybe Disney will overlay this with Moana for the celebration year. Whatever. I’d prefer that not happen but can live with it. Best case scenario is they don’t touch it at all and let new people stumble upon it like my family did. We never miss it now.

They are going to ruin it again and they are going ruin the classic and make Disney like all the theme parks out there.

first of all, I would not take this as Tiki room is safe from change. I take it as Birds are safe, but there could still be a Moana movement - Your Welcome!
Second - No mention of CBJ rumor - that to me is telling
Third - the fact they vehemently denied this tells me they are Major League Ticked at his source and Corless and there was some significant truth to all of this.

Again, these are my opinions, but some insiders I trust still say some Moana...ing can still happen.

:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

"clapback" The kids used to use "shade" too!

I still say dude and awesome, so I'm pretty lame about the new slang (do people still say slang?)

This is basically me these days

technohell.png

I messaged them and I don’t do that normally but ETR? Heck no don’t touch that. I’d deal with a temporary addition to it for a celebration but that’s it. We never ever miss seeing the show. It’s a family favorite and I have teenagers!

Always glad to meet a fellow Tiki Room lover! Have you ever been to Disneyland? Their version is better as it still has the enchanted fountain and is closer to the original show. I also love how the Disneyland people as I call them adore the show. They sit there and sing along and just eat it up. A lot of times at WDW people sort of sit there and scratch their heads. I think that's why it's believable that they might one day look at changing it. I could deal with an overlay at MK as long as the DL one remains as is!

Last edited:
I

Can't see them ever removing Speedway. It actually always has a fairly consistent crowd throughout the day.
Yes . but isn't that crowded from the SIGNIFICANTLY slow loading and thus low capacity? I mean, the bumper cars at any amusement park can have large crowds throughout the day, but that is only because it handles like 20-30 people every 10 minutes. That doesn't mean its popular.

I found it. Curious.... isn't J from there, that used to run one of the most popular crowd calendars? I always thought they were pretty reliable? What happened?
No Josh is not part of that site. They are friends though. We cannot discuss what happened so its best to leave it there. Back to the topic at hand.

Always glad to meet a fellow Tiki Room lover! Have you ever been to Disneyland. Their version is better as it still has the enchanted fountain and is closer to the original show. I also love how the Disneyland people as I call them adore the show. They sit there and sing along and just eat it up. A lot of times at WDW people sort of sit there and scratch their heads. I think that's why it's believable that they might one day look at changing it. I could deal with an overlay at MK as long as the DL one remains as is!
I’ve never made it to Disneyland but hopefully one day. And I promise if you were in The show with us you’d be happy to see another family singing and dancing in our seats. I have never watched other families in there. Perhaps they look at us singing and grinning from ear to ear, with weird expressions. 😜

I’ve never made it to Disneyland but hopefully one day. And I promise if you were in The show with us you’d be happy to see another family singing and dancing in our seats. I have never watched other families in there. Perhaps they look at us singing and grinning from ear to ear, with weird expressions. 😜

The people who get it, get it. The people who don't...well, there's just no help for them. The Disneylanders get it, plus, if you're lucky, you'll get the guy who does the introduction with the funny voices. I'm sure you could find a clip of him online. He's great!

But what about all the new IP from the fox deal!?

Surely they can get the family guy IP overplayed on an existing attraction?!

Now can we get a rebuttal of the Country Bears rumors... please??

People need to learn to read between the lines.

The DIsney Parks Blog said the birds won't be going anywhere, that doesn't mean they don't retheme the thing into a Moana show repurposing the birds.

The DIsney Parks Blog said the birds won't be going anywhere, that doesn't mean they don't retheme the thing into a Moana show repurposing the birds.
Correct which has been discussed a bit in this thread. Disney always words things carefully like that.

Yeah...BUT there's also no reason to assume there is a hidden meaning either. Sure, it wasn't a flat-out denial of any changes, but it also doesn't really indicate anything either. I don't think anyone necessarily needs to read between the lines. All will be revealed at D23 most likely.

If they want to breath life into these classics, they ought to start by doing the following:

1.) Create an Instagram-able wall right near the attractions, and themed to each attraction
2.) Create special Minnie ears themed to each attraction
3.) Create the most colorful, sugar-laden treats imaginable, themed to each attraction
4.) Create limited edition merchandise----themed to each attraction
5.) After completing steps 1-4 for all of the classic attractions, consider hosting a special evening event called "Celebrating the Classics", featuring all of the classic attractions, and the new merchandise & treats, plus some seldom seen classic characters.

I mean, hey, those things seem to excite people endlessly every other time they do them, so why not give it a shot? 😄 😉 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!