Moana rumored to be replacing tiki room

Well, not that it's some kind of magic bullet, but Disney Parks Blog just issued a rather strongly worded denial of this rumor. They must be getting hit with tons of emails. They called the source "unscrupulous" - that's pretty tough talk. Of course, I know the Parks Blog probably doesn't know everything going on at the highest levels, but they'd look bad if this came to pass anyway, so I'm feeling a bit better anyway.

Well, not that it's some kind of magic bullet, but Disney Parks Blog just issued a rather strongly worded denial of this rumor. They must be getting hit with tons of emails. They called the source "unscrupulous" - that's pretty tough talk. Of course, I know the Parks Blog probably doesn't know everything going on at the highest levels, but they'd look bad if this came to pass anyway, so I'm feeling a bit better anyway.
I’m amazed at this response to this rumor. I’ve never seen Disney do that.

I almost had a heart attack when I saw the "fake news". I have fond memories of listening to that song on some disney classics tape when I was a kid.

The response that was just posted makes me feel a little better.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty strong language for Disney. It's like they are engaging in a battle with misinformation, which is so prevalent out there these days. Good for them!

They did it because the rumor is saying ETR is being replaced.. I think this is Disney’s way of confirming it’s an overlay

Sounds like they worded it that way for a reason, the birds will stay but Moana will be added. It’s probably why they couldn’t address the CBJ rumor, they couldn’t spin it to fit a positive narrative.

See: “We’re constantly evolving our stories”
I don't know. I have never seen a response like this so maybe the Tiki Room may just stay as is.

Given were the rumor originated from, the clapback( is that what the kids are saying?) from Disney was a welcome one.

Given were the rumor originated from, the clapback( is that what the kids are saying?) from Disney was a welcome one.

:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

"clapback" The kids used to use "shade" too!

I still say dude and awesome, so I'm pretty lame about the new slang (do people still say slang?)

While I don’t believe anyone should support them, if you take a look back on the webpage of the site that originally posted the ETR “rumor”, they issued a statement in response to Disney parks blog, and it’s good for a pretty good laugh. I chuckled along at their incompetence and how they were taken aback as I read.

One of the funniest things to me is how instead of citing they were wrong, they insist Disney’s “plans have changed” :rotfl2:

While I don’t believe anyone should support them, if you take a look back on the webpage of the site that originally posted the ETR “rumor”, they issued a statement in response to Disney parks blog, and it’s good for a pretty good laugh. I chuckled along at their incompetence and how they were taken aback as I read.

One of the funniest things to me is how instead of citing they were wrong, they insist Disney’s “plans have changed” :rotfl2:
They aren't wrong there. Plans are constantly changing within Disney. I know that for a fact.

I
If they are to remove a "classic" attraction, they should start with the Tomorrowland Speedway. They had a perfect opportunity to retheme, or tear it down with the Tron construction, but since they spent time and money changing the track to fit, I doubt that will change.

The fact remains that "classic" attractions (shows) .. just don't pull the crowds. Every time I've gone (gladly) to these, you basically walk right in (or just wait for the next show to start) .. and even then the theatres aren't full. They are looking for fresh new attractions to attract fans both new and old.

While I enjoy them (simply because a show is a nice change of pace to sit down, not have a long wait, etc.) and would miss the "classics" .. I've seen them, my kids have seen them .. go ahead and replace them with something new. Just do it with quality (not Enchanted Tiki room -"Under New Management" quality.)

Disney has an ever growing list of IPs that could make great attractions, you can't please everyone.

Can't see them ever removing Speedway. It actually always has a fairly consistent crowd throughout the day.

Yeah, the rebuttal of the rebuttal was pretty good. They say they have had a good relationship with Disney in the past, but maybe they should realize that some of their reporting lately hasn't been up to par. There is a reason they are experiencing this backlash.

I messaged them and I don’t do that normally but ETR? Heck no don’t touch that. I’d deal with a temporary addition to it for a celebration but that’s it. We never ever miss seeing the show. It’s a family favorite and I have teenagers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter