Merry Christmas One and All! The Murphy's are LIVE from the GF and BC 12/18-12/26UPDATED WITH NYE

Glad to hear that you're feeling better, Erika! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to reading about your next adventure! ::yes::

So glad you are feeling better! Nothing worse than being sick on vacation and then having to fly home.:sick:

Thank you so much for taking us all along with you, it helps to make my trip get here faster. I do have a question for you. We are doing the Train tour at the MK one morning that we are staying at the GF and now I have heard that the monorail won't be running that early in the morning. We have to be at the gates by 7:15 am, and I am trying to figure out how to get to the park gates that early. We won't have a car so I'm thinking the only way is to take a taxi to the Cont. and walk to the MK. What do you think? Is this something that the RPC could figure out for me? I don't want to ask if it is something that is beyond what they are willing to do. I'm sure other guests have this problem and it shouldn't be that hard to figure out but I'm stumped!:worried:

So glad you are feeling better! Nothing worse than being sick on vacation and then having to fly home.:sick:

Thank you so much for taking us all along with you, it helps to make my trip get here faster. I do have a question for you. We are doing the Train tour at the MK one morning that we are staying at the GF and now I have heard that the monorail won't be running that early in the morning. We have to be at the gates by 7:15 am, and I am trying to figure out how to get to the park gates that early. We won't have a car so I'm thinking the only way is to take a taxi to the Cont. and walk to the MK. What do you think? Is this something that the RPC could figure out for me? I don't want to ask if it is something that is beyond what they are willing to do. I'm sure other guests have this problem and it shouldn't be that hard to figure out but I'm stumped!:worried:

I definitely think the RPC can help! There has to be some form of transportation available. If not the monorail then bus or boat. I don't think you'll need a taxi, but if that ends up being your only option the CL staff can get you a taxi voucher. That's what they gave us to get to the BC. :thumbsup2

In the summer there was a bus running for early adr's and the such when the monorail wasn't up yet.

I definitely think the RPC can help! There has to be some form of transportation available. If not the monorail then bus or boat. I don't think you'll need a taxi, but if that ends up being your only option the CL staff can get you a taxi voucher. That's what they gave us to get to the BC. :thumbsup2
Thanks! It's not till our third morning so I will ask them about it when we arrive.

In the summer there was a bus running for early adr's and the such when the monorail wasn't up yet.
Thank you! I wonder if this is just for the busy summer months? The fact that we have to be there so early (by 7:15) is what makes it a bit tricky, but I will ask the CM when we arrive.

Thank you! I wonder if this is just for the busy summer months? The fact that we have to be there so early (by 7:15) is what makes it a bit tricky, but I will ask the CM when we arrive.
I misspoke - it was fall- not busy at all. Last week of September. Not sure where summer came from!! Sorry! And the front desk cast member I spoke too had NO clue what was going on. But the club level guy and the people out front knew the bus schedule

Last edited:

It really shouldn't matter the time of year. If the monorail isn't running they'll have alternate choices like bus or boat. Or both. I wouldn't worry. :)

Erika, just found your report and always enjoy reading!
Thanks for taking me along. I'm going for a quick getaway in February...can't wait!
Sounds like your extended trip was a blast. Good thing you got sick at the end... No matter what being sick like that is no fun.
Have fun with Nic on your next trip.

Erika, just found your report and always enjoy reading!
Thanks for taking me along. I'm going for a quick getaway in February...can't wait!
Sounds like your extended trip was a blast. Good thing you got sick at the end... No matter what being sick like that is no fun.
Have fun with Nic on your next trip.

Thanks so much :goodvibes I just finished putting together a photo album of pics from this trip for my sister. You guys have probably heard me mention her before, she has cerebral palsy and lives with my Dad. I help take care of her and she loves Disney princesses. She was so cute tonight looking at the book. I'm am crossing my fingers and toes she'll be taking her first trip to WDW next year, I think I've finally pressured my Dad so hard into letting her go he's cracked! ;)

Thanks so much :goodvibes I just finished putting together a photo album of pics from this trip for my sister. You guys have probably heard me mention her before, she has cerebral palsy and lives with my Dad. I help take care of her and she loves Disney princesses. She was so cute tonight looking at the book. I'm am crossing my fingers and toes she'll be taking her first trip to WDW next year, I think I've finally pressured my Dad so hard into letting her go he's cracked! ;)
Fingers crossed here too :) Your sis would love it!!

Wow Erika! 3 weeks, that is so awesome. I am so late, but I have a good excuse...

Your room and view at GF was so beautiful, and what a perfect time to be there with all the Christmas decor. Love it! The weather was so wonderfully warm, and you and the boys look so happy in all of the pictures. Every time I think about staying at Bonnet Creek, I read a TR that totally wrecks my plans. Saving money, more space, blah blah blah... I love the Disney resorts too! I loved getting your first hand report of NYE at MK, wow is all I can say. The fireworks are over the top, I love wishes, and the special party fireworks, but the NYE show is WOW! Love POP and BC too, I can't believe I totally missed reading along while you were there. So sorry you got so sick at the end, but at least it wasn't on some of your fun park days with the boys, or your Mom/daughter time.

BTW, I was in WDW 12/16-12/21, POR reg room, then princess room. Had to go see Osborne lights, Christmas decor and soak up some FL sun. I was in the MK on the Saturday b4 Christmas, so many rude pushy guests, wow it was horrible. Sorry that man freaked you out, yikes:crazy: I just went in to see the Christmas parade and ride SDMT FP. Finished our trip on the Gulf coast celebrating Christmas with family, it was a great trip. However I did have a super sick DH flying home too, and I got sick right after NY with that nasty virus too! I brought home the best souvenir, an AP! Now to get some time off of work, it has proven to be a challenge, not good:headache: Keep writing your live trip reports, they are so much fun!

Wow Erika! 3 weeks, that is so awesome. I am so late, but I have a good excuse...

Your room and view at GF was so beautiful, and what a perfect time to be there with all the Christmas decor. Love it! The weather was so wonderfully warm, and you and the boys look so happy in all of the pictures. Every time I think about staying at Bonnet Creek, I read a TR that totally wrecks my plans. Saving money, more space, blah blah blah... I love the Disney resorts too! I loved getting your first hand report of NYE at MK, wow is all I can say. The fireworks are over the top, I love wishes, and the special party fireworks, but the NYE show is WOW! Love POP and BC too, I can't believe I totally missed reading along while you were there. So sorry you got so sick at the end, but at least it wasn't on some of your fun park days with the boys, or your Mom/daughter time.

BTW, I was in WDW 12/16-12/21, POR reg room, then princess room. Had to go see Osborne lights, Christmas decor and soak up some FL sun. I was in the MK on the Saturday b4 Christmas, so many rude pushy guests, wow it was horrible. Sorry that man freaked you out, yikes:crazy: I just went in to see the Christmas parade and ride SDMT FP. Finished our trip on the Gulf coast celebrating Christmas with family, it was a great trip. However I did have a super sick DH flying home too, and I got sick right after NY with that nasty virus too! I brought home the best souvenir, an AP! Now to get some time off of work, it has proven to be a challenge, not good:headache: Keep writing your live trip reports, they are so much fun!

Welcome to the Passholder family!! :D It makes going back sooooooo easy :cool2: .... I'm 52 days from our next trip! :banana:

Another fun night at MK! Boy it is so nice to be able to jump on the boat and pop over there. It's so close! :D

BF7E3FEE-1E0F-4373-A3AD-46FFD29A1174_zps2s9rkvu0.jpg

07C76042-A1CD-43D4-9D02-614870249255_zps33mfhusi.jpg

1EE41C20-D706-4C5B-9D06-5325AA1BC649_zpsncajjdey.jpg

E5D7A6A6-9186-4024-92E4-6BCE2200F61A_zpss71l2ntd.jpg

686A316E-F653-4D89-AF1C-596835283387_zpsyjjci3tg.jpg

CF1EDF03-C840-4989-883A-BB09C6B79014_zpsx53hmuuv.jpg

150D4D55-FF34-4033-BD11-8BE1318F3851_zpshv8ohn2b.jpg

242B499C-B3C4-4D6A-9EB0-D7EDC6C1179D_zpsgjslqweq.jpg

084CC1C9-1578-463A-9DEC-57769CB9DA1C_zpsesnntfe0.jpg
Love this picture! It's the best! I'm waiting for more of your Live March 2016 trip, so I was glad to discover this trip report! Thanks for posting! I left the day before you arrived! Yes, sad the Osborne Lights are gone now. And boy, it was tightly crowded when I was there on December 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter