~May 14, 2011~ Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise on the Magic!

We need to plan on printing lanyards or shirts with our cruise logo on it so that we can identify each other on May 14th. Also, would everyone be interested in a meet n greet at some point on the 14th.

Has anyone been checking into the excursions or been to any of these ports and have advice on the excursions?

Sadly, we are bowing out of this one - decided it's just not feasible to be away from work that long. Instead, we booked an Eastern with one of those fabulous Canadian resident deals. Our deposit for this cruise almost paid the entire other fare.
I know it won't be the same - and I hope you all have an awesome time.

We need to plan on printing lanyards or shirts with our cruise logo on it so that we can identify each other on May 14th. Also, would everyone be interested in a meet n greet at some point on the 14th.

Has anyone been checking into the excursions or been to any of these ports and have advice on the excursions?

Does anyone know where to get lanyards. if not i can try to check with the people we went on the '08 WBPC. also about M&G's we did several before the cruise at D/L, for the people on the West coast. but we had a very large group overall. and would dis green be OK for the color of the lanyards. ours had the date and cruise name on it.

Karl :banana::banana::banana:

please note the pics in my signature i have a lime green lanyard on with a card holder that we use to hold our DIS. names.

That sounds great Karl, lime green is fine with me. I don't know where people have them made. If you can't find out, let me know and I'll ask the person who had ours printed from our last cruise. I could also ask someone on one of the other roll call boards. Let me know what you find out. If you can think of a creative name for our group that could be fun too! I think our originator is no longer with us so I don't think any feelings would be hurt. :confused3

That sounds great Karl, lime green is fine with me. I don't know where people have them made. If you can't find out, let me know and I'll ask the person who had ours printed from our last cruise. I could also ask someone on one of the other roll call boards. Let me know what you find out. If you can think of a creative name for our group that could be fun too! I think our originator is no longer with us so I don't think any feelings would be hurt. :confused3

we were the ship of thieves when we took the magic to Los Angeles:rotfl:
and the last EBTA was who's afraid of a Spanish reposition!(Monty python).

karl

Sadly, we are bowing out of this one - decided it's just not feasible to be away from work that long. Instead, we booked an Eastern with one of those fabulous Canadian resident deals. Our deposit for this cruise almost paid the entire other fare.
I know it won't be the same - and I hope you all have an awesome time.

we're sry you can't miss work. i try to miss as much as possible!!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Karl

Mousketeers (sp) Bound for Barcelona
Mickey's Mates Barcelona Bound pirate:

just ideas...

come on, help us out. I hope this thread picks up! Karl and I will be the only two on the ship speaking to one another LOL:rotfl2:

Mousketeers (sp) Bound for Barcelona
Mickey's Mates Barcelona Bound pirate:

just ideas...

come on, help us out. I hope this thread picks up! Karl and I will be the only two on the ship speaking to one another LOL:rotfl2:

this is from the '08WBPC cruise they r on link 18 considering there r like 3000 post per link
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2540798

we can be JUST GOOFY for the MAGIC to the MED.

Karl

we were the ship of thieves when we took the magic to Los Angeles:rotfl:
and the last EBTA was who's afraid of a Spanish inquisition!(Monty python).

karl

OK, I'll pop in & add a few cents to the discussion!
Re: the 2010 EBTA, their theme was Spanish Reposition (instead of inquisition).
I just wanted to clear that up!! :upsidedow

Re: Lanyards...I think they are a great idea...it really helped on the other cruise ('08) to know who was who & it was a good place to keep our room key etc.
For the color....PLEASE let's NOT do Dis green. I'd really prefer another color, such as a pretty Blue! ;)

Re: our name for the 2011 EBTA..... let's all throw in some suggestions, I'm sure we can come up with something fun!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! :dance3:
Robin (who hangs out with Karl a lot)

Hi all,

we like the idea of meeting up somewhere on the 14th.

Lanyards would be great for us - I could use it to keep my sunglasses somewhere safe rather than losing them every 5 minutes :)
But my vote is for a colour that wouldn't clash with pink or red! - not so much my clothes - but my face when I have been in the sun! :rotfl:

I am thinking of a name for us as I write - can you hear the cogs whizzing round?? Nothing has appeared as yet - but we are working on it.

I think the Spanish Reposition was good - wish I'd thought of that!

Sharon & Ian

ok so these are my best thoughts on a name so far (at least I tried!)

Steamboat Willie on Tour
Steamboat Willie Goes East
From Yes to Si
In Search of Ferdinand the Bull (Disney cartoon of 1938 set in Spain)
El Terrible Toreador Tour (Part of the Silly Symphonies 1929 set in Spain)
Eastern Magic on the Atlantic
Magical (not so much of a) Mystery Tour

Feel free to take these and mash them to pieces and then find something much better :)

Sharon

Hi everyone
Happy Labor Day week-end to you.

I was on the 2110EBTA, and they voted to change the name from Nobody Minds the Spanish Reposition to "Bound for Barcelona". I'd have preferred staying with the Monty Python theme, but I joined the thread after they'd made the change.

I'd vote we reinstate the reposition theme above, or I love the Magical (not so) Mystery Tour idea. Am I showing my age what with Beatles and Monte Python?

I loved the convenience of having labeled lanyards. Because my dh and ds are both disabled, I didn't actually get to many of the DIS activities and gatherings, but I was still able to chat with people I'd gotten to know on the boards. The name portion had your disname actually in bigger letters than your real name, and I thought that worked great.

Lanyards are a great idea! I'm up for lime green, but would be in for any color. :)

As for names, I'd have to say my two favorites of the ones I've heard mentioned are "Nobody Minds the Spanish Reposition" and "Magical (not so) Mystery Tour". I kind of like "Eastern Magic on the Atlantic", though I would probably phrase it "Eastbound Magic on the Atlantic".

I'll try to think of some more. I'm trying to fit something together like "Pirates of the Caribbean: Stormin' Spanish Shores" but it sounds kind of long and clunky...

Amanda

When we sailed the Baltic in July, there were two of us who started a meet thread. We merged the threads but kept my title Pound to Rubles...It worked but Dollars to Euros just doesn't quite do it!!!

I like "Magical (not so) Mystery Tour." I like this because what I get from it that the Magic has been there and done that. My suggestion is to play on that theme...been there done that...but in a clever way!!

I also like the whole play on Python with the Spanish Reposition. It is just that although not previously used, it wasn't original to our thread. One of my favorite scenes from the Holy Grail is the migrating coconuts. So I thought..."are you suggesting the 'Magic' migrates? This is her third trip over and surely not the last. Just a play on Python. That being said, my suggestion is...

Are you suggesting the Magic migrates?

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone! I hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend. All of the names sound great! Amazing what a little brainstorming can do.:woohoo:

If we want, we can set up a poll and vote on the name....:confused3 I don'tknow how to set up a poll but I'm sure we can figure it out. After we get a name picked we can get a design made and get lanyards ready for printing. Does it sound like I'm trying to rush this cruise here????:rolleyes1

I do not know where they get the landyards. Has this been figured out yet? I can certainly help do some investigating. :) As for the lanyard color, the nice thing about the Disboard green is I can always find it! Though I am good with any color. I wish I knew more Spanish, we could come up with a cute Spanish theme. Anyone know Spanish and have some ideas?

Does anyone know where to get lanyards. if not i can try to check with the people we went on the '08 WBPC. also about M&G's we did several before the cruise at D/L, for the people on the West coast. but we had a very large group overall. and would dis green be OK for the color of the lanyards. ours had the date and cruise name on it.

Karl :banana::banana::banana:

please note the pics in my signature i have a lime green lanyard on with a card holder that we use to hold our DIS. names.

You can get lanyards at www.kennyproducts.com that was advice from another fellow disboarder. If you find anything better, cheaper, etc let us know.

Thanks for finding a lanyard source! I see that it also offers the plastic holders that hook on (very important item to go with the lanyard)! :banana:

Regarding our 2011 EBTA theme..... :cheer2:
I really like:
Magic on the Atlantic! Just that simple! It has a good sound & says it all. :love:

I think a bright pretty blue lanyard would work well also...since we will be sailing the ocean blue...... :woohoo:

Robin (& Karl too)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter