~May 14, 2011~ Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise on the Magic!

Glad to see the roll call spreadsheet is being used. :) I only initially added those that were already in the roll call on page 1. I figured everyone could just add (or not add if you don't want to be on it) so that one person didn't have to maintain it.

We've been watching airfare for awhile now and I couldn't believe that the direct flight from London to Raleigh has gone up over $500 in the last month. I am kicking myself for not booking it sooner. Good thing we'll get two tickets using miles!

We've had a lot of luck with seating in the dining rooms in the past but figured maybe this time we'd see if someone from the boards wanted to sit together. If you are interested PM me. We're a family of three with a daughter who will be 9 (by one month) on the cruise. We're not social butterflies but we're also not too introverted :) Hannah would love to have another kid her age sitting with us as she has a hard time making friends while in the clubs. We are in the main dining time so let us know if you are interested :)

So, for those with kids on this cruise, when are you telling the teachers that they will be missing two weeks of school? These are the last two weeks for our school so I am not really worried...just haven't decided when to tell them :)

Jim

Jim we will be on late dining, but we have a dd9 and a dd8 and are traveling with our friends who also have girls same age range. So your dd will have DIS playmates in the lab and if you haven't done the trans cruise before, there are LOTS of cool activities specific to the longer cruises for the kids.

As it gets closer to cruise if you want them to get in contact via email or something just send me a pm. We also do facebook.

Good evening all from Bonnie Scotland

My you have been busy chatting whilst we were away LOL. Just back from a short vacation in England.

David had added our name to the excellent spread sheet and I put my two pennies worth in.

Now for the official ;-) name for the group and David and me had a wee chat and agree we would prefer to be "on" the Atlantic if thats OK with you guys LOL

So, our preference would be for Magic on The Atlantic. We think the idea of shirts and lanyards are pretty cool too but happy to go with "the flow" (ha ha keeping with the watery theme LOL).

Looking forward to getting to know you through the boards.

Best wishes

Adele and David :)

I was playing around a few days ago, and threw this together:

EBTA_Logo_1-1.jpg

PZmPDVsuhV4n5yc_mVpM0h3RtIJ4InHEcLIcNp7HDhE

LOVE the graphic...looks like it's a keeper to me! I "tried" setting us up a webpage and can't figure out how to link a spreadsheet to the webpage for the Roll Call and FE. Our DD Hannah will be 8 on the cruise and would love to start chatting with some of the other kids before the cruise. She's really excited to meet others on the ship. We have late dining, otherwise we'd be more than happy to join you in dining. We usually end up dining just the 3 of us but would also love to have others join us if anyone is interested. Have a great weekend!

Good morning all

Love the graphic owensamo and the logo it rhymes too cool. I think "we" have it; logo, design, its a go for us :thumbsup2

Wishing everyone a great week end

Adele and David

Glad to see the roll call spreadsheet is being used. :) I only initially added those that were already in the roll call on page 1. I figured everyone could just add (or not add if you don't want to be on it) so that one person didn't have to maintain it.

We've been watching airfare for awhile now and I couldn't believe that the direct flight from London to Raleigh has gone up over $500 in the last month. I am kicking myself for not booking it sooner. Good thing we'll get two tickets using miles!

We've had a lot of luck with seating in the dining rooms in the past but figured maybe this time we'd see if someone from the boards wanted to sit together. If you are interested PM me. We're a family of three with a daughter who will be 9 (by one month) on the cruise. We're not social butterflies but we're also not too introverted :) Hannah would love to have another kid her age sitting with us as she has a hard time making friends while in the clubs. We are in the main dining time so let us know if you are interested :)

So, for those with kids on this cruise, when are you telling the teachers that they will be missing two weeks of school? These are the last two weeks for our school so I am not really worried...just haven't decided when to tell them :)

Jim

So funny you ask that Jim...My husband and I were just talking about this at dinner tonight. Abbey is in 3rd grade and I don't think it will be a big deal....she will be missing the last two weeks also...

However I do have a son in 10th grade who will be missing exams....however I do know they do makeups in the summer. I am hoping that the will think the experience will be better than any work he will miss.

When do you plan on breaking the news???

Also,we have late dinner otherwise we could have sat together.

LOVE the graphic...looks like it's a keeper to me! I "tried" setting us up a webpage and can't figure out how to link a spreadsheet to the webpage for the Roll Call and FE. Our DD Hannah will be 8 on the cruise and would love to start chatting with some of the other kids before the cruise. She's really excited to meet others on the ship. We have late dining, otherwise we'd be more than happy to join you in dining. We usually end up dining just the 3 of us but would also love to have others join us if anyone is interested. Have a great weekend!

Heather, we should meet! My husband and I are originally from St. Louis...well actually I am from St. Charles and when we got married we moved to Fenton. We are now in Tampa and have an 8 year old daughter. Abbey and I were just visiting my family a few weeks ago...we get to St. Louis about 8 times a year...so i know we will be there before the trip and it would be cool if our girls could meet before the cruise! We also have late dining!

Heather, we should meet! My husband and I are originally from St. Louis...well actually I am from St. Charles and when we got married we moved to Fenton. We are now in Tampa and have an 8 year old daughter. Abbey and I were just visiting my family a few weeks ago...we get to St. Louis about 8 times a year...so i know we will be there before the trip and it would be cool if our girls could meet before the cruise! We also have late dining!

That sounds wonderful! We would love to meet you. I'll PM you my info and you let us know next time you're in town. The girls can meet and start chatting before the cruise. If they hit it off, we could be table mates, Hannah would love to have other kids at our table, she gets bored with just mom and dad.

We are doing 12 night cruise just after this one and have been toying with the idea of taking this cruise over. We are just concerned that there won't be many kids sice its still a few weeks before schools out. We have a 10 y/o girl.

We are doing 12 night cruise just after this one and have been toying with the idea of taking this cruise over. We are just concerned that there won't be many kids sice its still a few weeks before schools out. We have a 10 y/o girl.

Well, so far in our cruise meet there are three 8-year old girls and one 9-year old. :)

I think given that it is at the end of school more families will be able to go. Missing the last couple of weeks is a lot easier than missing weeks in the middle of the year. At least for our school it is.

Jim

So funny you ask that Jim...My husband and I were just talking about this at dinner tonight. Abbey is in 3rd grade and I don't think it will be a big deal....she will be missing the last two weeks also...

However I do have a son in 10th grade who will be missing exams....however I do know they do makeups in the summer. I am hoping that the will think the experience will be better than any work he will miss.

When do you plan on breaking the news???

Also,we have late dinner otherwise we could have sat together.

I think we are going to switch to late dining. After looking at the port days I think it makes more sense as we could stay out longer and still eat dinner on ship. We should get a 10-top with heatherb819 and then all three of the girls can entertain each other :)

As for telling the teachers...I am leaning towards waiting till after January. Since there isn't much they can do to prepare for it I'd rather wait till closer to the time...that way it isn't hanging over her head the entire school year.

Jim

Our DD is only missing a few days of school. Our last day of school is May 18. I'm sure there will be plenty of kids to hang with on the ship. Cruising over will be much more fun than flying.:woohoo: Hope you join the group.:grouphug:

Jim, we'd love to have you join us at late dining the more the merrier, the girls (and adults) will have a great time. We always prefer late dining just for the fact that we don't have to rush back from excursions and shower for dinner. Plus the kids can dine and play if they choose to.

We can put the request in if that's what you decide.:banana:

It's 8 months from TODAY til we leave on the Magic for Barcelona.

is every1 ready?? is any1 wanting to share one of the new beach cabana's. i think i may want to be on the family beach this time since last time we were on Serenity bay. it would be 6 adults total.

Karl

We'll be on the family beach, but unless we hit the lotto between now and then, we won't be able to rent a cabana. I looked up the pricing and :scared1: But I'm anxious to hear how wonderful it is!popcorn::

We'll be on the family beach, but unless we hit the lotto between now and then, we won't be able to rent a cabana. I looked up the pricing and :scared1: But I'm anxious to hear how wonderful it is!popcorn::

That's why i am looking to share. Since there are only 2 of us. there would be room for 4 more adults. with 6 adults its not that outrageous , on a pp basis.

Karl

I had no idea they were going to be that expensive!!!! WOW! Yes, sharing is the only option with those.

Have you been looking into any of the other excursions yet?? Anyone? After we get back from our cruise next month, I'm going to start researching for this TA cruise.

BTW I've tried setting up a webpage for us, and haven't had alot of luck. I'm using Yola.com if anyone else thinks they can figure it out a little better than me, let me know and I'll give you the user id and password and you can create til your little hearts desired.:surfweb: I have a page for Roll Call, FE our logo is on there but that's as far as I've gotten. DD is in full swing of soccer now and I haven't had time to mess with it anymore.

Have you been looking into any of the other excursions yet?? Anyone? After we get back from our cruise next month, I'm going to start researching for this TA cruise.

BTW I've tried setting up a webpage for us, and haven't had alot of luck. I'm using Yola.com if anyone else thinks they can figure it out a little better than me, let me know and I'll give you the user id and password and you can create til your little hearts desired.:surfweb: I have a page for Roll Call, FE our logo is on there but that's as far as I've gotten. DD is in full swing of soccer now and I haven't had time to mess with it anymore.

web page design is what children r 4:rotfl::rotfl2:

Karl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter