~May 14, 2011~ Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise on the Magic!

triplefigs

<marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>
WELCOME!!!

Anyone else booking this cruise? We are soooo excited to sail the Magic for 14 nights and to visit Castaway Cay, Portugal, England, and Spain!

Please post your info and join the party! If enough join we will do a FE, a meet, other fun stuff!

EBTA.gif

New Magic Deck Plans for 2011

May 2011 Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise Itinerary

May 2007 EBTA Navigators

April 2010 EBTA Cruise Meet and Info

May 2007 TA and Med Trip Reports, Blogs, and other info

Roll Call
DIS Name
First Name of Those Sailing
Ages of children at time of sailing
Stateroom(s)
Cruised Before?
Celebrating anything special?
A photo if you'd like

Tammy Alphabet

Tammy, Layla and maybe Chris
Age of children at time of sailing: DD13, DS 19
Stateroom(s): 7131
Cruised Before? This will be my seventh Disney Cruise!!!!!!
Celebrating anything special? My birthday is June 7th. Other than that we will be celebrating the end of the school year.

kcashner
Mom (Kathryn) and DD (20 at that time)
sailed before....um....once or twice, I think :goodvibes Actually, DCL's records and mine don't quite agree, but I'm well into platinum
cabin 11C gty
celebrating--end of sophomore year? back on the Magic?

I'm also on the 2010 TA cruise without DD as she'll be in school then.

kwork11
First Name of Those Sailing CLiff, Keri, Matthew and Abbey
Ages of children at time of sailing 16 and 8
Stateroom(s) Walt Suite
Cruised Before? Oh YES....
Celebrating anything special? Summer!!

DW2DH&DS
Beth, Stacey, and Jack
Jack will be 9 at time of sailing
7074 with main dining
Celebrating anything special? my 40th (17th) and Stacey's 41st (28th)

runswithscissors
First Name of Those Sailing: Sarah, Josh & Hunter
Ages of children at time of sailing: 8
Stateroom(s): 8046
Cruised Before? 7-Nght Western Carribbean

surf2di4 & LeftCoastLady
First Name of Those Sailing KARL & ROBIN
Ages of children at time of sailing: Leaving them at home!
Age of us: Karl will be 53 at time of sailing (Robin isn't saying)
Stateroom(s) 8532
Cruised Before? WBPC '08
Celebrating anything special? Karl: first time to Europe
Robin (has been to Europe), but has one of those dreaded "zero" birthdays in 2011 to celebrate

mom2tcdx2
First names: Sherry, my boyfriend Dave and my mom Martha (for those who wish to know my children's initials are both tcd and I have 2)
Stateroom: We are booked currently in a category 11C I know on Deck 7 but at the moment I don't recall the cabin number.
Cruised before: I currently have done 5 cruises, Dave and my mother both have 2. We also have two other cruises booked (Carnival & Princess) between now and May 2011. We have been to Disney a few times this will be our first Disney cruise. (We are vacation club members)
Children: We will not have any children traveling with us and my daughter is not happy about that LOL!!!!

Turk82
First Name of Those Sailing (my parents, brothers, their wives, kids, and my cousin) Steve, Eunice (parents), Melanie (cousin), Megan (me!), JoJo (my guide dog), Kevin, Linda,
Kids and Ages: Isobel (2.5yrs), Craig, Jenny, Jeremy (5), Skyla (1.5), Philip, Madelyn, Boone (7), and maybe Keith, Lisa, Keira (4), and William (2).
Stateroom(s) 7631, 7629, etc, etc
Cruised Before? 7night Western, 4 night Nassau
Celebrating anything special? Family Reunion!!!

Scrapycruiser
First Name of Those Sailing: Bruce & Gina
Stateroom 7514
Cruised Before? This will be our 10th Disney cruise

JewelMicky
1st Name of Those Sailing: Jewel, Kellie, and Kylie
Age of Children: Kylie will be 8 when we sail
Stateroom: We are on deck 7 aft, inside (can't remember #), but plan to upgrade at port
Cruised Before? Will be 4th Disney cruise....the longest so far a 4 nighter

sehandiph
1st Name of Those Sailing: Ian and Sharon
Stateroom: Deck 1
Sailed Before? we tried a 3 day cruise in May and loved it

ChicagoBarb
1st Name of Those Sailing: Barb and Bea (her mom)
Stateroom: Deck 7
Cruised Before? 1st DCL!

twokings
1st Name of Those Sailing: Kerri (DM) and Arianna (DD)
Cruised Before? This will be our 4th cruise.
Celebrations? Celebrating Arianna's 18th birthday. My birthday will be on the 9th night of our TA cruise May 22 1st land day after 6 days at sea

lilofan
1st Names: Jack and Chrisitne (DW)
Stateroom: 5626
Cruised Before? This is our 8th DCL- including and amazing Vow Renewal

linkandclover
Sailing: DH, DW, and 2 boys (currently 10 and 13)

Happycruisers
1st Names: David and Adele
We have cruised with Disney 4 times before (1 Wonder, 3 Magic) and will be celebrating our retirement from work during the cruise.

Platinumcruzer
First Name of Those Sailing......Cindy
Ages of children at time of sailing....... DD-Cara(20)
Stateroom(s)-GTY
Cruised Before?....This will be my 25th Disney cruise and DD's 21st.
Celebrating anything special?......My 25th cruise on Disney!!!!!!!!!!

Winstanik
First Name of Those Sailing : Anik (40) and Winston (36) From Montreal, Canada
Ages of children at time of sailing : NONE !!! ( DD is not very happy about this one !!!)
Stateroom(s) 6319
Cruised Before? Magic (Western Carribean May 2009)
Celebrating anything special? 15th anniversary

owensjro and owensamo
First Name of Those Sailing : Jim, Amanda, Hannah (9)
Ages of children at time of sailing : DD 9
Stateroom(s) Not sure yet, we're going for 6015
Cruised Before? Yes. This will be our 8th
Celebrating anything special? End of school? :)

armyferret
First name of those sailing: Jenn, Dave, Ailsa and Kellan
Ages of children at sailing : DD8, DS1
Stateroom: 11A GTY
Cruised before: Wonder, SEP 2006 10night southern carib, Magic. SUG 2010 11night Med
Celebrating anything special? 10yr Anniv.

MegaMouseHouse
First Name of Those Sailing: Tracy and Lester
Ages of children at time of sailing: none
Stateroom(s): 6019
Cruised Before?: yes
Celebrating anything special?: 6th anniversary

gerryspeirs
First Names of those sailing: Gerry, Maura,Miranda, Quinn,
This will be our second cruise, first being Mexican Riviera, 7 nights

CRUISE LOGO- 2 sizes for your signature

EBTAsmall.gif

EBTAmiddle.gif

Roll Call
DIS Name - Cherylp3
First Name of Those Sailing - Cheryl and Todd
Ages of children at time of sailing - none
Stateroom(s) - 7067
Cruised Before? - yes
Celebrating anything special? 14th anniversary

Hey! I was on your 6/13 cruise! I may be going on this cruise, not sure yet. But I am thinking about it. After I book, or if I book, I will be joining in on the fun!:cool1:

Hey! I was on your 6/13 cruise! I may be going on this cruise, not sure yet. But I am thinking about it. After I book, or if I book, I will be joining in on the fun!:cool1:
hey, Tammy! I hope yoy do come. Would your sister be sailing too? How is your knee?

We are thinking about it. Depends on the cost. Would make a great trip...spending my 40th at sea!!!

bump...

I just talked to a couple of teachers at Jack's school (PTC today). They both said it would be perfectly ok to pull him out for May 14th Cruise!!! Hubby gave me the ok to book as well. :cool1:

bump...

I just talked to a couple of teachers at Jack's school (PTC today). They both said it would be perfectly ok to pull him out for May 14th Cruise!!! Hubby gave me the ok to book as well. :cool1:
:thumbsup2

The group:
Mom (Kathryn) and DD (20 at that time)
Dis name kcashner
sailed before....um....once or twice, I think :goodvibes Actually, DCL's records and mine don't quite agree, but I'm well into platinum
cabin 11C gty
celebrating--end of sophomore year? back on the Magic?

I'm also on the 2010 TA cruise without DD as she'll be in school then.

I am considering this one, but hate to pay a $1200 deposit when the 2nd person in the cabin is unknown at this time! At least I'll have 6 months to pay for it because I'll charge it to my Disney Visa. :teeth:

hey, Tammy! I hope yoy do come. Would your sister be sailing too? How is your knee?

Hi! I booked an 11a for three. My knee is much better, but the medications I am taking for my RA are not working as well as I would like. The problem is, it could swell up like that at any time, regardless of what exercise or precautions I take. It was AWFUL on the June cruise because it got to where I couldn't bend my leg at all. So going to the bathroom, a shower, everything was excruciating. I have an inside accessible cabin for this cruise. I am buying a scooter at the end of October and will be traveling with it from now on.

Jamie will not make it on this cruise I don't think. She and her grandson and the kids and I have a couple of cabins on the Carnival Dream for Christmas this year and I will try to talk her into booking. She has an onboard booking she can move.

I was thinking that I would try to go to Paris for a few days after the EBTA. Of course, that depends on my health at the time.

:thumbsup2 My trio will be missing the last 2 weeks of school (4th grade) as well. Glad you are joining the fun!

AWESOME!!! Jack will be finishing up 4th grade before the cruise as well. :)

I am considering this one, but hate to pay a $1200 deposit when the 2nd person in the cabin is unknown at this time! At least I'll have 6 months to pay for it because I'll charge it to my Disney Visa. :teeth:

Hold the phone...

If i use my Disney Visa, do i get 6 months interest free? I have Disney Visa that I rarely use. That would be very cool!!! :worship:

Hold the phone...

If i use my Disney Visa, do i get 6 months interest free? I have Disney Visa that I rarely use. That would be very cool!!! :worship:

Yes, you have 6 months interest free to pay the cruise deposit if charged to your Disney Visa. I have charged DCL deposits and final payments to my Disney Visa before, but always paid the entire bill when due. Since this cruise is so far off - I would probably delay paying the deposit as long as possible. http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/credit/cardperks.html#none

Get 0% APR for 6 months on certain U.S. Theme Park ticket-inclusive Disney vacation packages, all Disney Cruise Line® packages, and Adventures by Disney packages $101 up to a maximum of $10,000 per transaction when booked by you or your travel agent through the Walt Disney Travel Company and charged to your Disney Rewards Visa Card prior to commencement of your vacation. Other restrictions apply. For complete details be sure to refer to the Cardmember Agreement.

I was wrong about the deposit amount. I read it is $500/pp for the Transatlantics and not $600/pp.

Hi! I booked an 11a for three. My knee is much better, but the medications I am taking for my RA are not working as well as I would like. The problem is, it could swell up like that at any time, regardless of what exercise or precautions I take. It was AWFUL on the June cruise because it got to where I couldn't bend my leg at all. So going to the bathroom, a shower, everything was excruciating. I have an inside accessible cabin for this cruise. I am buying a scooter at the end of October and will be traveling with it from now on.

Jamie will not make it on this cruise I don't think. She and her grandson and the kids and I have a couple of cabins on the Carnival Dream for Christmas this year and I will try to talk her into booking. She has an onboard booking she can move.

I was thinking that I would try to go to Paris for a few days after the EBTA. Of course, that depends on my health at the time.
Tammy, I am glad you will be going. Post your info (who is going, etc) when you know and I'll update the Roll Call. Looking forward to seeing you again!

AWESOME!!! Jack will be finishing up 4th grade before the cruise as well. :)

Hold the phone...

:cool1: Yea, that Jack is the same age! And the Disney Visa definitely helps on the deposit.

Yes, you have 6 months interest free to pay the cruise deposit if charged to your Disney Visa. I have charged DCL deposits and final payments to my Disney Visa before, but always paid the entire bill when due. Since this cruise is so far off - I would probably delay paying the deposit as long as possible. http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/credit/cardperks.html#none

I was wrong about the deposit amount. I read it is $500/pp for the Transatlantics and not $600/pp.
She posted incorrectly, and they just updated that info and it is $600 pp for Cat 4-12 on 10-14 day cruises and Alaska (is on the Sept 21 booking thread). $100 more pp makes a big difference. :guilty:

Yes, you get 6 months interest free with your Disney Visa. In addition, if you're not getting an onboard rebooking credit, you get a $50 OBC if you make all payments with your Disney Visa. You can't get both the onboard rebooking OBC and the Disney Visa OBC.

And I'm glad you corrected the deposit to $500--I was beginning to wonder.....

I wanna cruise! And I want DD to quit saying "did you at least buy me a window?"

Whether the deposit is $500/pp or $600/pp for the Transatlantic cruises, I doubt I'll be joining you on the May 2011 Transatlantic. I was tempted by this cruise because of the May departure as well as the price. However, my husband has no interest in a Transatlantic cruise with so many sea days in a row, and we would prefer to spend our time cruising in Europe rather than to Europe. I will try to wait patiently until next spring - when other cruise lines announce their 2011 Europe cruise itineraries.

hi there! We will be on this transatlantic cruise. We were booked on the sept 2010 to bring the Magic home, but when this trip came out it just made since. The kids will only miss the last week and a half of school, which is no big deal...vs two weeks in Sept and we will be able to stay in europe vs flying over just to get on the ship.

Roll Call
DIS Name kwork11
First Name of Those Sailing CLiff, Keri, Matthew and Abbey
Ages of children at time of sailing 16 and 8
Stateroom(s) Walt Suite
Cruised Before? Oh YES....
Celebrating anything special? Summer!!

We are in!!!

DW2DH&DS
Beth, Stacey, and Jack
Jack will be 9 at time of sailing
7074 with main dining
Celebrating anything special? my 40th (17th) and Stacey's 41st (28th)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter