MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Thanks. Sounds like a different world. At animal Kingdom recently I had to start trying to get a FP+ 61 days before my visit for Flight of Passage. I remember the good old days at MK when they did not check expiration times and we could spend all day collecting passes and ride nonstop for the last 3 hours of the day. Sounds like i can decide whether or not to visit Cadv on 1 days notice and still use FP.
It's one of the things I like best about MaxPass. It's just like legacy FP in that all FPs are still available at rope drop every single day. You go in with a blank slate and aren't at a disadvantage for not having committed 60 days prior.

So more "fun" that's worth bumping this up. Had a FP for IASW not turn multi when it went down tonight.

I stopped to inform an Info CM about the issue so they could pass on a possible IT issue since, as some might remember, I had this issue before with a TSMM FP. I didn't even want to look into having it fixed for me as I had two other FPs to use and most everything was so low of a wait having a FP wouldn't change much.

Gentleman CM started feeding me the same BS a TSMM tried to feed me that "the pass has to expire first". I said no. That's not correct. That is not my experience and I've already dealt with this issue with a previous ride and was told by an Info CM that a ride goes down means the FP should turn multi immediately.

Lady CM interrupts me saying I was incorrect and that the ride has to be down for the full window to turn into a multi (or be able to be used for the same ride even post window). I say that's not what I was told and I was only stopping to inform about an apparent technical issue. I further stated I would just take it to City Hall later.

She then says "We're all the same team" in a tone that came across quite crass with a touch of intended sass. It was not appreciated, that's for sure. Even if not intended as it read, it was not a customer friendly response.

The gentleman CM pops in to suggest (finally) a reason the ride may not have turned into a multi. He said maybe because it was only down for pyrotechnic reasons, it didn't count. I thanked him as that's the first thing that was said that could make sense why it functioned differently.

I took my complaints (about the way the lady CM handled the interaction and the conflicting information) later to City Hall and my questions. Pointed out that while the pyrotechnic reasoning makes sense, it also means that the FP window should not have been allowed around planned down time. It locks the person out from using it during possibly the only time they could use it.

Anywho. I finally got an answer. You guys are gonna just love this. It's yet another answer that's very different from everything I've experienced and been told:

MP and FP have changed how they issue multis. If they know when the ride will be back up for sure and it's less than 30 minutes: no multi. No extension to end of day. I did point out this does not follow legacy FP rules.

I also pointed out that that's a huge change (and very different from the hogwash I was being fed at the info booth) and incredibly not customer friendly. It assumes that the guest didn't need to use their pass during that window of down time and can use it during the remaining valid time. For those paying $10 a day for MP, that's just not okay. Note that I'm not. It's not even an add on I chose to pay for. It just was included in my pass when it went live. But I am upset for those paying for it.

I do plan to contact someone else that is hopefully better informed (I'm not holding my breath) and doesn't have to go into the backroom to locate someone with the answer (or supposed answer since who knows what's the truth) and to also submit in writing my complaint, but good grief! I know it's well known different CMs give different answers, but this just feels insane!

I did also ask about my past TSMM issue. CM tonight at City Hall seemed to think it was a human error in reporting.

Anywho. Sorry long post. If I hear anything else I'll update.

First Disneyland trip in February..... we are WDW veterans but never been to Disneyland. If you buy discounted tickets from one of the vendors recommended by mouse savers, can you add max pass? I need to read this entire thread, but just wanted to ask that now. Thanks

So more "fun" that's worth bumping this up. Had a FP for IASW not turn multi when it went down tonight.

I stopped to inform an Info CM about the issue so they could pass on a possible IT issue since, as some might remember, I had this issue before with a TSMM FP. I didn't even want to look into having it fixed for me as I had two other FPs to use and most everything was so low of a wait having a FP wouldn't change much.

Gentleman CM started feeding me the same BS a TSMM tried to feed me that "the pass has to expire first". I said no. That's not correct. That is not my experience and I've already dealt with this issue with a previous ride and was told by an Info CM that a ride goes down means the FP should turn multi immediately.

Lady CM interrupts me saying I was incorrect and that the ride has to be down for the full window to turn into a multi (or be able to be used for the same ride even post window). I say that's not what I was told and I was only stopping to inform about an apparent technical issue. I further stated I would just take it to City Hall later.

She then says "We're all the same team" in a tone that came across quite crass with a touch of intended sass. It was not appreciated, that's for sure. Even if not intended as it read, it was not a customer friendly response.

The gentleman CM pops in to suggest (finally) a reason the ride may not have turned into a multi. He said maybe because it was only down for pyrotechnic reasons, it didn't count. I thanked him as that's the first thing that was said that could make sense why it functioned differently.

I took my complaints (about the way the lady CM handled the interaction and the conflicting information) later to City Hall and my questions. Pointed out that while the pyrotechnic reasoning makes sense, it also means that the FP window should not have been allowed around planned down time. It locks the person out from using it during possibly the only time they could use it.

Anywho. I finally got an answer. You guys are gonna just love this. It's yet another answer that's very different from everything I've experienced and been told:

MP and FP have changed how they issue multis. If they know when the ride will be back up for sure and it's less than 30 minutes: no multi. No extension to end of day. I did point out this does not follow legacy FP rules.

I also pointed out that that's a huge change (and very different from the hogwash I was being fed at the info booth) and incredibly not customer friendly. It assumes that the guest didn't need to use their pass during that window of down time and can use it during the remaining valid time. For those paying $10 a day for MP, that's just not okay. Note that I'm not. It's not even an add on I chose to pay for. It just was included in my pass when it went live. But I am upset for those paying for it.

I do plan to contact someone else that is hopefully better informed (I'm not holding my breath) and doesn't have to go into the backroom to locate someone with the answer (or supposed answer since who knows what's the truth) and to also submit in writing my complaint, but good grief! I know it's well known different CMs give different answers, but this just feels insane!

I did also ask about my past TSMM issue. CM tonight at City Hall seemed to think it was a human error in reporting.

We had a FP for Indy just disappear instead of turning to a multiple experience FP when the ride went down. We ended up going to Guest Services (thankfully almost no line) and they gave us a replacement. No comment on what the issue might have been.

First Disneyland trip in February..... we are WDW veterans but never been to Disneyland. If you buy discounted tickets from one of the vendors recommended by mouse savers, can you add max pass? I need to read this entire thread, but just wanted to ask that now. Thanks

Yes you can. We had the Canadian offer for tickets in October and we just added it each morning as soon as we entered the park.

Set the Disney app up on your phone ahead of time with your credit card. Scan in each memeber if your group and you will be ready to go. Only took me a few seconds each day to add the max pass to our group. It will ask for the security numbers on the back of your card or it did for me. Make sure you have your credit card with you or memorize the number.

Have a great trip

Yes. The cheapest tickets for 5 day pass I found was last minute travel. They emailed me my actual ticket the next day.

So, we were in the parks last Thursday and Friday (extremely high crowds both days), one park per day with MaxPass. We rode all of the FP attractions at least once each (except for Matterhorn, GRR (cold), and Goofy (though DD9 did the single rider line), and never waited longer than 20 minutes unless we chose to ("wait time for Soarin' is 55 minutes - we don't have anything else in mind right now, let's get in line"). There's no way we could have done nearly as much without MaxPass - just fighting the crowds to get to the machines would have been a horrible experience. Over the two days, we experienced 16 attractions at DCA including WOC (AND we took a 2-1/2 hour break) and 19 at DL (leaving the park at 9:30), using a total of 17 FPs - every 90 minutes, we were booking another. It was worth every penny, and i can't see us ever going without it unless they jack the price through the roof.

Yes you can. We had the Canadian offer for tickets in October and we just added it each morning as soon as we entered the park.

Set the Disney app up on your phone ahead of time with your credit card. Scan in each memeber if your group and you will be ready to go. Only took me a few seconds each day to add the max pass to our group. It will ask for the security numbers on the back of your card or it did for me. Make sure you have your credit card with you or memorize the number.

Have a great trip

Thank you! So max pass isn’t something that sells out, you can just add it when you get there. I need to read this thread!!!!

Thank you! So max pass isn’t something that sells out, you can just add it when you get there. I need to read this thread!!!!

It's not a finite thing in terms of how often they'll sell it. They'll sell it to you even if there's no FPs left available.

If you aren't planning on starting the day early at the parks, it's a good idea to check the app to check what FPs are still available for general (at the kiosks) distribution before purchasing MP. It'll give you a good idea of what's at minimum available via MP.

Adding to this: Space went down. CM said it would turn multi/be good rest of day immediately. It did not. Ride was down ten minutes. Fits within the minimum 30 minutes down Info CM told me. But is still completely contradictory to what I was told at the ride and previous operation.

I have a feeling if I were to let the pass go until expiration and try to use it, it would be gone and I'd have nothing even though ride CM said I'd be able to ride up until the end of the night. Which really at this point will only be the last twenty minutes of the night once the 15 minute window is accounted for.

I'm done talking to City Hall. I'm just putting it in writing and going to contact them via feedback. It is ridiculous how many different versions of how things work is floating around.

So sorry for all the headache and hassle you are having about this issue, but grateful for your persistence and your reporting back to keep the rest of us informed. Please let us know what happens when/if you get a response to your comment. We usually get a response (sometimes a very good, in depth response), so hopefully you will, too. All this runaround is ridiculous!

So sorry for all the headache and hassle you are having about this issue, but grateful for your persistence and your reporting back to keep the rest of us informed. Please let us know what happens when/if you get a response to your comment. We usually get a response (sometimes a very good, in depth response), so hopefully you will, too. All this runaround is ridiculous!

Right?!

I'm just baffled by the whole thing. This is one thing that shouldn't have any discretion outside of at the individual rides (ex: when a CM can ignore an expired FP because your dining ran long). There is a set "this is how it works" for FPs and there is zero reason for the several different explanations I've gotten. It's an automatic process.

I drive home today and will get a message sent off to Disney by Friday. If/when I hear back, I will definitely update. Wanted to keep you all aware since this is a big change we all need to know about if it is indeed a change.

I just wish this would be in the fine print so there was something to point to when I get such different answers :(

HELP!

My family of 6 (4 adults, 1 5 year old and 1 20month) are going in June. Is Maxpass worth it? How would it work with rider switch? What would the best strategy be?

Please note: I'm not trying to 'cheat the system', just wondering how it works with Rider Swap and how best I can utilize the time. Also, how would the 5 year old's work? Can I add him to my account? Does everyone in the group have to have the Disneyland app downloaded onto their phones or could just myself and my husband have it?

A bit lost, to be honest! :confused3

HELP!

My family of 6 (4 adults, 1 5 year old and 1 20month) are going in June. Is Maxpass worth it? How would it work with rider switch? What would the best strategy be?

Please note: I'm not trying to 'cheat the system', just wondering how it works with Rider Swap and how best I can utilize the time. Also, how would the 5 year old's work? Can I add him to my account? Does everyone in the group have to have the Disneyland app downloaded onto their phones or could just myself and my husband have it?

A bit lost, to be honest! :confused3
You can add everyone's tickets to one account, so everyone doesn't have to have the app. I suggest having it on a couple phones in case one acts up, but you only need it on one. Whether it's worth it depends on how many FP rides you're interested in. Most (but not all) of the rides that offer FP are "big kid" rides, so if you're going to be centering a lot of your activities around the kids you might not get much use out of it. With rider swap I believe you would send half of your group through with FP, then the other half would ride with the swap. So you could purchase MP for only half the group. Or you could pull FP for one ride for half the group, and another ride for the other half, and then use rider swap so everyone rides both. I don't consider that cheating the system because I'm sure everything takes a long time when you have little kids who need naps, diaper changes, etc., so I don't begrudge you the advantage. I don't have kids and I haven't tried that strategy, that's just my understanding of how rider swap works.

You can add everyone's tickets to one account, so everyone doesn't have to have the app. I suggest having it on a couple phones in case one acts up, but you only need it on one. Whether it's worth it depends on how many FP rides you're interested in. Most (but not all) of the rides that offer FP are "big kid" rides, so if you're going to be centering a lot of your activities around the kids you might not get much use out of it. With rider swap I believe you would send half of your group through with FP, then the other half would ride with the swap. So you could purchase MP for only half the group. Or you could pull FP for one ride for half the group, and another ride for the other half, and then use rider swap so everyone rides both. I don't consider that cheating the system because I'm sure everything takes a long time when you have little kids who need naps, diaper changes, etc., so I don't begrudge you the advantage. I don't have kids and I haven't tried that strategy, that's just my understanding of how rider swap works.

Thank you, that's very helpful! This will be my first trip with my toddler...well, any kids in general!...so the Rider Swap is new for me also. I definitely don't want to cheat the system, I just want to be as efficient as possible! I think Maxpass will save us a lot of time, I just need to figure out how best to utilize it.

Is Max Pass worth it if you have a 3 day/1 park per day tickets(can't upgrade bc we won them in a contest :/)? We will be using them in the summer at the end of July beginning of August so I'm assuming it will be busy but we've never been then! Also we are a family of 10--4 adults & 6 kids(ages 4-16) who pretty much love all rides & my youngest is finally 40 inches--Is Max Pass effective for groups that big?!? Any advice you could give would be so helpful!

Is Max Pass worth it if you have a 3 day/1 park per day tickets(can't upgrade bc we won them in a contest :/)? We will be using them in the summer at the end of July beginning of August so I'm assuming it will be busy but we've never been then! Also we are a family of 10--4 adults & 6 kids(ages 4-16) who pretty much love all rides & my youngest is finally 40 inches--Is Max Pass effective for groups that big?!? Any advice you could give would be so helpful!
If you trust your oldest two kids alone in the park I'd use them as runners. ;) Use the paper fast passes. Otherwise that's $100/day. Yikes!
I need to buy maxpass because I have toddlers. By the time we'd get to the FP machine and find something to do in the meantime, they'll be ready to leave the park-we wouldn't even get to ride. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter