MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Can my husband and I BOTH have ALL of the tickets on our phones? So we could take turns with who is booking fast passes and whatnot?

Thank makes sense. Thanks! I am the one with the Disney account so it would just be on mine. But he can download the app and log in on his too then.

Thank makes sense. Thanks! I am the one with the Disney account so it would just be on mine. But he can download the app and log in on his too then.
Yes. I asked the same question in the previous page and they said we could both use my app and be logged in at the same time

Okay, thanks. That makes sense. So we could basically do all 5 days of MP on my husband's ticket. Then just add it for myself and my son on maybe 2 days. That would save us some money at least.
if it’s just the 3 of you and your son is too small for most fp rides you can just get one for the both of you and rider swap.

Yeah...I considered that. But if we go around Christmas, I think we may want FP for Small World and Haunted Mansion.

Yes, the wait is definitely better for those with fastpass. Another one mp is great for is Toy Story since its line gets crazy long and it's way back on the pier. Buzz is also still on fastpass. There would definitely be a few rides you could all use maxpass for as a family.

One advantage of adding them to MaxPass would be the option to cancel if you realize later in the day that your kids won't be able to stay up for the show.

Can my husband and I BOTH have ALL of the tickets on our phones? So we could take turns with who is booking fast passes and whatnot?

If you log in with the same account on both phones you will be fine. My wife and I have been doing that without issue this trip.

It does not have to be the same account. You can be logged into two separate accounts on each phone and as long as the tickets are attached to each account, you can book FPs via MP.

Any bookings will show up attached to the ticket media even on a different person's app.

Throwing in my opinion for what it's worth to others: While this is a nice service, it wasn't a "must have" service. I could see the upside if you really wanted to focus on lots of photo pass opportunities, or if you really want to ride all the FP rides quickly without walking over to pull a fast pass. Personally, I think it tended to pull me into my phone more (looking to see when the next FP was available, looking to see what FP was current.) I think I'd only do it one day of the trip to really maximize the photo pass and FP ride feature. Also, I'm sure it's been said but this would get expensive for a family of 4...and I saw lots of big groups of 10 or more, so that's $40-$100/day. LASTLY....the FP lines were near as long as some of the regular lines at times, so maybe this system is hindering the regular experience? In any case, Disneyland was beautiful decked out for the holidays, and the entertainment is always fun. Enjoy!

Does MP and FP have the same number of tickets available or do they have a quantity for MP and another for FP ?
I was looking at the wait times for today and by 8:30 am all FP are either going or have a returning time after 10 pm. So for those that paid for MP they probably were able to book one MP before opening and maybe another depending on their return time. I would no be happy to pay $10/each and be able to get just one

ETA:ignore the second part. I checked the app twice before posting and it was showing no fp or late return times. Now it shows all fp available with am returnntimes.

Seeing conflicting info about when you can grab a 2nd fast pass. Used to be return time or 2 hours. What is it currently?

I am sure this was covered somewhere but I missed it. I usually go to WDW in FL but am thinking of a one day visit to CAdv. In FL, we can only hold a total of 3 FP at any one time. Is there a limit as to the number of FP I can have at one time in CAdv. One thing that hurts at epcot is that if you have a pass to the night show, you cant get any more during the day as you use them. Is there a similar restriction at CAdv

I am sure this was covered somewhere but I missed it. I usually go to WDW in FL but am thinking of a one day visit to CAdv. In FL, we can only hold a total of 3 FP at any one time. Is there a limit as to the number of FP I can have at one time in CAdv. One thing that hurts at epcot is that if you have a pass to the night show, you cant get any more during the day as you use them. Is there a similar restriction at CAdv

At DLR, you're only limited by the availability of your next Fastpass. I've held as many as three at a time, and used more than 10 in a day, and that was before Maxpass. If the return windows for FPs aren't very far out, you can get one after another after another. The max amount of time you have to wait to get a new FP is 2 hours (90 min if you have MP).

The show passes for World of Color and Fantasmic are disconnected and don't affect your ability to hold or get ride FPs.

At DLR, you're only limited by the availability of your next Fastpass. I've held as many as three at a time, and used more than 10 in a day, and that was before Maxpass. If the return windows for FPs aren't very far out, you can get one after another after another. The max amount of time you have to wait to get a new FP is 2 hours (90 min if you have MP).

The show passes for World of Color and Fantasmic are disconnected and don't affect your ability to hold or get ride FPs.

Thanks. Sounds like a different world. At animal Kingdom recently I had to start trying to get a FP+ 61 days before my visit for Flight of Passage. I remember the good old days at MK when they did not check expiration times and we could spend all day collecting passes and ride nonstop for the last 3 hours of the day. Sounds like i can decide whether or not to visit Cadv on 1 days notice and still use FP.

Paper is 2 hours. MaxPass is 90 minutes. Or when you use your previous one.

I see this answer a lot and that isn’t at all what we experienced last week:
  1. If the starting return time for your FP is less than 30 minutes away from when you got it, then you can get another in 30 minutes after your claimed the FP.
  2. If the starting return time for your FP is greater than 90 minutes away from when you got it, then you can get another in 90 minutes after you claimed the FP.
  3. If the starting return time for your FP is between 30 and 90 minutes from when you got it, then you can get another after the returning start time.
Note this only is for getting a FP for a different ride. If you want to get another FP for the same ride then you have to use it first or it needs to expire (go past the ending return time without being used).

Last edited:
I see this answer a lot and that isn’t at all what we experienced last week:
  1. If the starting return time for your FP is less than 30 minutes away from when you got it, then you can get another in 30 minutes after your claimed the FP.
  2. If the starting return time for your FP is greater than 90 minutes away from when you got it, then you can get another in 90 minutes after you claimed the FP.
  3. If the starting return time for your FP is between 30 and 90 minutes from when you claimed it, you can get another after the returning start time.
Note this only is for getting a FP for a different ride. If you want to get another FP for the same ride then you have to use it first or it needs to expire (go past the ending return time without being used).
And with number 1 if you use that FP before the 30 minute mark you can get a new one as soon as you scan in at the attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter