MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

I have scanned this thread but don't see this answered. We will be in the parks this Thursday through Sunday. We plan on using MaxPass on Friday and Saturday and possibly Sunday depending on how much was still want to do. We will be in DCA on Friday and am looking for a MP strategy. The only FP ride we do NOT want to do is GoTG. It is very important that we sit together for our first trip on RSR and after that single rider will be fine. Park opening is 9 AM with EE at 8 which we do not have. Is 8:30 early enough to be at the gate in order to do rope drop? What MP should we try to pull first?

I don’t know how long they stay.
You can use a photo pass card from the person and type or scan the code into your app. Or you can have them scan your app when taking the photos. For ride photos take a pic of the screen. Then type on your app.

I can't recall if it's 30 or 45 days but it's definitely more than 2 weeks. You need to edit them (adding borders/stickers etc. form the app, so you might be able to do that from your phone/tablet and send them to your email while you are still traveling during any down time.

Yes, you scan your park ticket into the app (give it a name when you do) and that enables the MaxPass (whether you bought it before or add it that day). You will access the tickets/MaxPass through the account section of the Disneyland app. You can poke around in many things in the account section before the day-of, so get familiar with it and make sure it is all set up.

PHXscuba

Thanks both, really helpful.

I have scanned this thread but don't see this answered. We will be in the parks this Thursday through Sunday. We plan on using MaxPass on Friday and Saturday and possibly Sunday depending on how much was still want to do. We will be in DCA on Friday and am looking for a MP strategy. The only FP ride we do NOT want to do is GoTG. It is very important that we sit together for our first trip on RSR and after that single rider will be fine. Park opening is 9 AM with EE at 8 which we do not have. Is 8:30 early enough to be at the gate in order to do rope drop? What MP should we try to pull first?
If you're in DCA only for the day, and you don't want to ride GOTG, there aren't really that many FP rides.

RSR will run out first, so you certainly could pull it first to make sure you get an early ride in all together. If the return time is farther out so it's going to tie up your FP-pulling ability for awhile, you might consider pulling either Soarin' or TSMM with a close return time first, and then pulling RSR when your slot from that opens up, but that really depends on what the timing looks like and what your priorities are.

Grizzly and Screamin' are generally easy to get with close return times later in the day.

When you say "at the gate" at 8:30, do you mean through security and everything by then? That's probably fine. Remember that you can book MP as soon as you scan in to a park.

When you say "at the gate" at 8:30, do you mean through security and everything by then? That's probably fine. Remember that you can book MP as soon as you scan in to a park.

We're staying at the Tropicana so we're close. I was planning on being at security at 8. Or should we be sooner?

If you're in DCA only for the day, and you don't want to ride GOTG, there aren't really that many FP rides.

RSR will run out first, so you certainly could pull it first to make sure you get an early ride in all together. If the return time is farther out so it's going to tie up your FP-pulling ability for awhile, you might consider pulling either Soarin' or TSMM with a close return time first, and then pulling RSR when your slot from that opens up, but that really depends on what the timing looks like and what your priorities are.

Grizzly and Screamin' are generally easy to get with close return times later in the day.

I would be through the gates to the ropes by 8:30 if you can, and then you'll be able to get a relatively early RSR that won't make you wait around for 90 minutes if you do it right as you get into the park. ETA oops, replied to wrong comment. I agree!

We are doing a one-day, no-kids trip next Monday, December 4th. I am planning for it to be fairly busy. But I went October 23rd (also a Monday) with friends and it was super hot and fairly busy, and we were able to do everything we really wanted in both parks with MaxPass. My question is, if these are the rides we want to get on during the day, how should I prioritize MaxPass/standby lines, in your opinion(s)? -

Starting the day in Disneyland very close to rope drop: (we will be relying on a shuttle or walking to the Toy Story parking lot from the Anaheim Hilton)
Peter Pan, Indiana Jones, HMH, Star Tours, POTC, Space Mountain. We plan to ride some other things, but they're just bonuses. No Splash. Probably park hopping over to CA by about 11 AM and we want to do GotG (more than once if it is possible), RSR, Soarin, TSMM. Screamin' if we're in the mood. Same: we will ride some others, but those are the priorities and any others are bonuses. Thinking of hitting RSR as single rider around dusk too, if our FP is nowhere near that time, since I've never ridden it at night.

What do I need to know about prioritizing/timing? We don't want to be criss-crossing all over the park, since we'll probably be there about 8am-10pm. And we're getting old (35-ish, haha!) so we get tired... This is supposed to be an enjoyable day since our last one was this time last year with 5 kids (including a toddler and a baby) for 4 days, and it was exhausting! :)

I wonder what situation you would need that for...now I am worried that I might accidentally delete something!
You could always scan it back in. I added two friends' AP's to my app on my last trip so we could get FP's together. I have been able to delete one of their passes from my account, but not the other for some reason...

We are doing a one-day, no-kids trip next Monday, December 4th. I am planning for it to be fairly busy. But I went October 23rd (also a Monday) with friends and it was super hot and fairly busy, and we were able to do everything we really wanted in both parks with MaxPass. My question is, if these are the rides we want to get on during the day, how should I prioritize MaxPass/standby lines, in your opinion(s)? -

Starting the day in Disneyland very close to rope drop: (we will be relying on a shuttle or walking to the Toy Story parking lot from the Anaheim Hilton)
Peter Pan, Indiana Jones, HMH, Star Tours, POTC, Space Mountain. We plan to ride some other things, but they're just bonuses. No Splash. Probably park hopping over to CA by about 11 AM and we want to do GotG (more than once if it is possible), RSR, Soarin, TSMM. Screamin' if we're in the mood. Same: we will ride some others, but those are the priorities and any others are bonuses. Thinking of hitting RSR as single rider around dusk too, if our FP is nowhere near that time, since I've never ridden it at night.

What do I need to know about prioritizing/timing? We don't want to be criss-crossing all over the park, since we'll probably be there about 8am-10pm. And we're getting old (35-ish, haha!) so we get tired... This is supposed to be an enjoyable day since our last one was this time last year with 5 kids (including a toddler and a baby) for 4 days, and it was exhausting! :)

Some of my advice would depend on whether you were willing to use Single Rider. If so, using it for the ones that have it (Indy, RSR, Screamin) could save you some time. If Guardians of the Galaxy is a priority -- especially 2 rides -- I'd stalk the app for that and get a late-morning MP as soon as you are able. If you only wanted 1 ride you could probably wait until you got to DCA to get a later time, but 2 rides will mean foregoing some other MPs.

Regardless I'd start with Peter Pan if it's open.

PHXscuba

We haven't had luck starting with PP the last couple trips. We still wait in a 25-40 minute line and it seems wasteful that time of day. Of course, we usually have kids and a stroller. We might be faster. We will have to see how we feel and how early before rope drop we're able to get there.

For some reason i just can not remember how soon we can grab another fast pass. If using MP and i am in the parks for EMH and get a MP for say 8:30 to ride HM. We can grab another one as soon as we ride it right? or is it until the the end of the time window given?

For some reason i just can not remember how soon we can grab another fast pass. If using MP and i am in the parks for EMH and get a MP for say 8:30 to ride HM. We can grab another one as soon as we ride it right? or is it until the the end of the time window given?
You can grab another as soon as you have scanned in on the first. Or 90 minutes later with MaxPass (2 hours if no MaxPass).

Thanks! that is what i thought just wanted to confirm.
Note that some rides have a second scan. So you might have to wait for the second scan on those. Not sure about that. They told us the first just verifies and the second actually redeems.

Note that some rides have a second scan. So you might have to wait for the second scan on those. Not sure about that. They told us the first just verifies and the second actually redeems.
You can get another after the first scan. If you want one for the same ride you have to get past the second scan point. Also, if the return time is between more than 30 and less than 90 minutes out you can get a new one when that return window opens. The must scan first only applies to rides with a return time that is less than 30 minutes from the current time.

I just wanted to say thanks for the advice on still hitting Peter Pan first! We were there 1 hour and 15 minutes before the 8 am opening (my husband loves me, haha) and were first in line at a gate. They let us in about 10 minutes to 8, and we walked to the front on the rope drop (even taking time to get a Photopass picture by the tree) and walked with much purpose as soon as they dropped the rope. There was a CM walking the line in, and they started finally loading people at 8:07, and we were on by 8:15 I think. I felt very successful! (though I think only starting to let people in 10 minutes before helped in all that too!)

I loved Max Pass. As a first time visitor with no clue on where the FP kiosks were it was great. If we had to traverse the congested crowds to get FP machines I think our trip would have been a Bust. Hated how crowded the walk ways were, biggest negative to our visit with ride/show break-downs coming a close 2nd. We were always able to get Fp’s. Being able to book FP’s at our hotel during our afternoon break-wonderful! We got the Witz (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001...tz+lanyard&dpPl=1&dpID=41Me27cSumL&ref=plSrch) plastic lanyards to put our tickets and room key in and it worked so efficiently to scan going into the park and FP machines.

Last edited:
For me, each time after the first scan is good enough. No need to wait until after scan #2.

:wizard:

With maxpass how do the WOC and F! Pass work? Any reason not to pull them immediately on your phone if there is one showing? Will it delay getting something else?

Last edited:
With maxpass how do the WOC and F! Pass work? Any reason not to pull them immediately on your phone if their is one showing? Will it delay getting something else?
Shows are not available via Maxpass. You still need to go to the distribution area and get a paper one. The shows are disconnected from the rest of the system. F! is usually gone within 2.5 hours of park opening for both shows WOC will last pretty late into the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter