Marathon Weekend 2021

I was able to get my park reservations made this morning for marathon weekend (minus one day that I need to add to my resort reservation). Hopefully everyone else is able to do the same today or in the next few days. I don’t know how fast the allotment will go. 🤷‍♀️

I am completely baffled by the system they’re setting up and likely will not be visiting any parks next January if things don’t get much clearer in the coming weeks and months. I don’t think I have any options for making park reservations as I don’t currently have a room reservation, am not looking to make one, and don’t have an AP. I know this is the opposite of ideal for Disney and not their fault; but this is all far too convoluted for me I’m starting to think it may be a long time before I’m back in the parks.

I am completely baffled by the system they’re setting up and likely will not be visiting any parks next January if things don’t get much clearer in the coming weeks and months. I don’t think I have any options for making park reservations as I don’t currently have a room reservation, am not looking to make one, and don’t have an AP. I know this is the opposite of ideal for Disney and not their fault; but this is all far too convoluted for me I’m starting to think it may be a long time before I’m back in the parks.
Yeah, it’s pretty crazy. I believe if you have tickets (no resort or AP), you should be able to start making reservations on the 28th. And I think you can start making 2021 ticket purchases on the 28th as well.

I wait through all that and now it tells me I don’t have valid admission! ***, Disney! I’m ready to bail on this crap. Wait to treat your APs right.

since I couldn't book a resort yet for Jan (and if All Stars aren't open by then I probably will be off site anyway) I'm holding out booking resorts for marathon weekend as it will most likly count against how many reservations APs can hold outside of bookings (local who lives close by and wants some wiggle room)
my plan is to gamble and then come Aug possibly at least try to see if anything is open either for the Friday post 10K (what I'm running) or the Saturday of the weekend and if nothing is open maybe go to other orlando area venues to do cute medal pics

@camaker I am worried about that. Our APs expire in November now and our reservations are Dec and Jan. Will they not let me reserve a park because of that?
I believe I saw someone say that they were able to get a voucher for their renewal even though they weren’t within the 60 day renewal window??? Or I think you could buy tickets and apply the cost of them to a renewal later if that’s what you want to do.

I believe I saw someone say that they were able to get a voucher for their renewal even though they weren’t within the 60 day renewal window??? Or I think you could buy tickets and apply the cost of them to a renewal later if that’s what you want to do.

They sent me an email telling me I had valid park admission and I would be able to make my park selections as part of this early window. I want them to give me accurate information and stop playing these misinformation games. I don’t even know when my AP expires at this point, since they haven’t done anything with the extensions. I can’t even get through to them because “all circuits are busy“.

They sent me an email telling me I had valid park admission and I would be able to make my park selections as part of this early window. I want them to give me accurate information and stop playing these misinformation games. I don’t even know when my AP expires at this point, since they haven’t done anything with the extensions. I can’t even get through to them because “all circuits are busy“.
Yeah... that’s frustrating. Thankfully my passes were updated, and I can see the new dates (but the original expiration doesn’t affect me for MW, but it does for SW).

You need to include it.

I’m waiting for @Sleepless Knight to just list it 10 times for his attractions.
I ran out of adjectives to describe to my friends what I thought of Rise of the Resistance. I think at one point I just texted them a bunch of different random characters because I did not know how to put into words what I felt. I had to take a post marathon photo in the lobby of All Star Movies just because there was a Rise of Skywalker banner in the lobby.

As for my reaction, well at various points throughout that experience I was giddy, laughing, smiling, crying tears of pure nerd joy, and having my knees buckle multiple times because of how incredible that experience was to me. When I have more time, I will answer SAFD in the most "me" way possible given Lee's expectations that I list Rise of the Resistance 10 times for my attractions.

SAFD:

Attractions
1. Splash Mountain
2. Big Thunder Mountain
3. Toy Story Mania
4. Rockin Roller Coaster
5. Tower of Terror
6. Expedition Everest
7. Slinky Dog
8. It’s a Small World
9. Alien Encounter
10. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Honorable Mention: Space Mountain

Nighttime show: Boo To You Parade or Main Street Electrical Parade

Counter Service
1. Flame Tree Barbecue
2. Columbia Harbour House

Table Service
1. Artist Point
2. California Grill

Some are gone, but still my favorites.

Yeah... that’s frustrating. Thankfully my passes were updated, and I can see the new dates (but the original expiration doesn’t affect me for MW, but it does for SW).

Apparently they updated my pass expiration dates this morning. My passes now expire on 10/02 and I think that’s the problem. It puts me in an awkward place where I can’t reserve parks for W&D or MW and I’m not in the allowed window for extending it, so I can’t even do that. The support lines have been jammed all day so I can’t even get into a hold queue to discuss options. I’m at my wits end right now and afraid I’m going to get shut out of the parks for the race weekends if this doesn’t get resolved before the general mayhem starts on Wednesday. I don’t know that I even want to go if that’s the case.

Apparently they updated my pass expiration dates this morning. My passes now expire on 10/02 and I think that’s the problem. It puts me in an awkward place where I can’t reserve parks for W&D or MW and I’m not in the allowed window for extending it, so I can’t even do that. The support lines have been jammed all day so I can’t even get into a hold queue to discuss options. I’m at my wits end right now and afraid I’m going to get shut out of the parks for the race weekends if this doesn’t get resolved before the general mayhem starts on Wednesday. I don’t know that I even want to go if that’s the case.
We are in the same boat. Can’t make theme pass reservations because APs expire in November, but it is too early to renew them now. Also, the theme park pass system is not recognizing our reservation dates, and when we try to link the resort reservation, it says someone has already claimed this reservation—but it is us! So, what? We will continue to try calling, but all circuits are busy it seems. Go figure!

SAFD:

Ten Attractions:
1. Space Mountain (DL)
2. Disneyland Railroad
3. POTC (DL)
4. Soarin Over California
5. Rock-n-Roller Coaster (HS)
6. ROTR (HS)
7. Flight of Passage (AK)
8. Safari Ride (AK)
9. People Mover (MK)
10. Jungle Cruise (MK)

Nighttime Show:
1. Fantastic on the Rivers of America in DL

Two Counter Service:
1. Flame Tree BBQ (AK)
2. La Cantina de San Angel (Epicot)

Two Table Service:
1. Ohana
2. Crystal Palace

For all the people commenting about it being too early to renew annual passes, the ONLY type of ticket sale that Disney is allowing at the moment are annual pass renewals and they aren't holding to the 60 day window.

I was able to purchase and link a renewal certificate for my gold pass yesterday, despite the new expiration date being in September.

I feel your pain. My AP extension went from October 31 to mid February so I picked up both W&D and Marathon weekend. I have reservations at Pop for both weekends. So everything is aligned perfectly? Unfortunately my wife is on a different schedule and her AP now expires in August. So I have park reservations as of today but she does not. So we have to decide to buy her an AP renewal now, an AP voucher when they go on sale, buy tickets when they go on sale, or just wait until we know the races are on and take the risk that the parks I chose today will still be available later. It truly is a mess.

Part of me just wants to forget Disney and runDisney for a year or two and see if I even miss it. Part of me can't wait to get back there.

SAFD:
Ten attractions:
1. The original Journey Into the Imagination ride. I'll lift the entire pyramid building into my hypothetical park, so it will also include the awesome upstairs play area.

2. The Great Movie Ride

3. Splash Mountain

4. Tower of Terror

5. Kilaminjaro Safari

6. Buzz Light Year's Space Ranger Spin

7. Space Mountain

8. Rise of the Resistance

9. Flight of Passage

10. The American Pavillion film. I have a soft spot for over the top patriotism. :)

Incidentally, the above list is in order of favorites. Based on the track record of my favorite rides, I constantly live in fear for Splash Mountain and ToT.

Nighttime Show: Illuminations.

Two Counter Service:
1. Tangerine Cafe
2. Trader Sam's Grog Grotto (though if it doesn't count since it's a lounge, I'd change to the Polite Pig)

Two Table Service:
1. Ohana
2. Boma

For all the people commenting about it being too early to renew annual passes, the ONLY type of ticket sale that Disney is allowing at the moment are annual pass renewals and they aren't holding to the 60 day window.

I was able to purchase and link a renewal certificate for my gold pass yesterday, despite the new expiration date being in September.

I would happily renew early if I could get someone on the phone to do it. Neither the app nor the website it sends me to are letting me purchase. This is what really pisses me off, too. If they had let me know that I needed to extend before I could make park reservations I would have done it over the weekend before everything hit the fan. Instead, they sent me two emails telling me I had valid admission and just needed to reserve today.

I thought I read they suspended AP sale/renewal the other day🤷🏻‍♀️
im in the boat where I have an AP good for the weekend but since I couldn’t book a resort

my goal is to hopefully get any park for Saturday at least, Friday after the 10K as well would be a bonus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter