Marathon Weekend 2021

OK, here is my question. I am not an annual pass holder, I do have a resort reservation but no tickets. I have to have tickets to make park reservationS for MW but I can’t buy tickets right now. So is my best option to wait until the 28th, buy tickets and then try to get reservations or am I missing something? I am greatly regretting having not done a full package when I reserved the resort back in February!

OK, here is my question. I am not an annual pass holder, I do have a resort reservation but no tickets. I have to have tickets to make park reservationS for MW but I can’t buy tickets right now. So is my best option to wait until the 28th, buy tickets and then try to get reservations or am I missing something? I am greatly regretting having not done a full package when I reserved the resort back in February!
Yes you need both to book today
Non resort APs can book friday
Sunday new tickets may be purchased at least for resort guests who need ticket media as well as 2021 packages for select resorts

Dumb questions because I am so behind on all of this: I have an annual pass, but no hotel reservations. When can I make resort and/or park reservations?

Dumb questions because I am so behind on all of this: I have an annual pass, but no hotel reservations. When can I make resort and/or park reservations?
You can start making resort reservations June 24th per the info sent to TAs. However there is some confusion (of course) that it is June 28th. So definitely keep tabs on that. Once you have your resort+tickets you can make park reservations.

Yes you need both to book today
Non resort APs can book friday
Sunday new tickets may be purchased at least for resort guests who need ticket media as well as 2021 packages for select resorts
I believe you can add tickets to a 2021 room only reservation starting tomorrow, the 24th. 143DB39E-4406-407C-8385-85591C53B45E.jpeg

You can start making resort reservations June 24th per the info sent to TAs. However there is some confusion (of course) that it is June 28th. So definitely keep tabs on that. Once you have your resort+tickets you can make park reservations.
So per the info on Disney’s website, to me it looks like APs (without resort reservations) can start booking on the 26th, but maybe there is other info out there somewhere, so you might as well try tomorrow! 😁
D3ECF9E2-7EA4-4420-83C5-D5D08AAFC4CA.jpeg
ETA: I see I need to read a little better. You said ‘make a resort reservation’. I would definitely try starting tomorrow. I think I have heard the 24th for that as well.

Made our park reservations -the website was super buggy all day yesterday but seems to be working well this morning. I really hope that they change the park hours, and allow park hopping by then, but it is what it is right now, and I will just be happy to be back at WDW again.
I was able to make park reservations for all 4 trips that I currently have booked (we are DVC and have APs if that matters). Last night, it was telling me that I reached my reservation limit, but I had no issues this morning.

I'm a non-AP, no hotel booked yet, no tickets purchased yet person at the moment. Running the marathon so was always planning for just a 3 or 4 day long weekend solo-trip. My only hope is when this all shakes out that I can do Hollywood studios one day and Epcot for DATW. Which makes me want to stay at a resort in the vicinity of those two parks.
But I am the low man on the totem pole since I didn't book anything yet. I'm being zen for the time being about my chances.

I'm still a little unclear about when I can get a resort and tickets since I'm starting from zero.

Bummer, today my fall 10k and 10 mile races were cancelled that I was hoping to use for a new PoT. They are being really great about partial refunds and guaranteeing entry for next year (usually a lottery for 10 mile) so I'm pleased with how it's being handled. Looks like I will not have a shot at moving up a corral for the half, but I'm just glad I have a PoT that puts me in a corral at all.

I don't have a hotel for Marathon weekend yet, and I have an AP but am leaning towards cancelling for a partial refund and just buying tickets for MW. I wish they would figure out the AP policies before making 2021 room reservations available again, since now I have to decide which route I'd like to take. I'm worried that if I make park reservations with the AP and then cancel the AP (and buy tickets instead) I would lose my reservations, it's all so confusing! I'm hopeful that reservations will not be an issue by January, but who knows. I'm still confused if new 2021 bookings open tomorrow or Friday, and I have frequent calls for work so I'm worried about being on hold for a long time.

Who knew booking a race would be so stressful!

Made our park reservations -the website was super buggy all day yesterday but seems to be working well this morning. I really hope that they change the park hours, and allow park hopping by then, but it is what it is right now, and I will just be happy to be back at WDW again.
I was able to make park reservations for all 4 trips that I currently have booked (we are DVC and have APs if that matters). Last night, it was telling me that I reached my reservation limit, but I had no issues this morning.

Yup, yesterday was a lot of fun. We had six trips with vacation and race weekends booked between now and next April and got the you’ve reached your limit error before we could get them all in. Waited to let the IT department fix the glitches and got all our days in last night. Feeling relieved to have park access when we are there but am wondering how this will work out when the booking site opens to everyone. It was making runDisney registration day look like a well oiled machine.

I'm super belated on the SAFD again. I've chosen only those I've been on (still gotta try ROTR, MFSR, Slinky, Runaway Rail, FOP)

Attractions:
1. The Enchanted Tiki Room (DL)
2. Alice in Wonderland (DL)
3. Imagination from 80's Epcot
4. People Mover
5. 7DMT
6. Pirates of the Carribean
7. Gran Fiesta Tour
8. Dumbo
9. Expedition Everest
10. Living with the Land

Nighttime show:
1. Illuminations

Counter Service:
1. Satuli Canteen
2. Gaston's Tavern
HM to wanting to try every snack place at Tokyo Disney

Table service:
1. Victoria & Alberts
2. The Blue Bayou

SAFD:

Attractions:
1. Splash Mountain (WDW)
2. Tower of Terror (WDW)
3. Flight of Passage (WDW)
4. Rise of the Resistance (WDW)
5. Expedition Everest (WDW)
6. Pirates of the Carribean (DL)
7. Alien Encounter (WDW)
8. Haunted Mansion (WDW)
9. Indiana Jones Adventure (DL)
10. Soarin' Over California (WDW)

Nighttime show:
1. Wishes (I have so many happy memories tied to this show. Hearing the little girl sing the song brings all those memories flooding back!)

Counter Service:
1. Satu'li Canteen
2. Casey's Corner

Table Service:
1. Jiko
2. Brown Derby

SAFD:

Attractions

1) RoTR
2) FoP
3) Matterhorn
4) Kilimanjaro safari
5) Soarin over CA
6) Peoplemover (WDW)
7) Pirates (Shanghai)
8) Smugglers run
9) TSM
10) HM (DL)

Nighttime show: Main St Electrical parade

Counter service: Satuli canteen and Docking Bay 7

Table service: California Grill and Boma

For anyone who needed this information:
Just booked room only for Pop online (AP holder)
Now to wait a few hours and see if it will let me book parks or say I’ve reached my AP quota for my four nights at W&D

Super relieved I was able to get tix and resort reservations for MW today. I was able to get into the park reservation system with no issues as well. Like someone else mentioned above I’m hoping park hours get expanded a bit. Couldn’t convince my husband for deluxe so we’re at CS this trip.

I have an AP pass (not activated) and my husband has a 10-day-hopper from a cancelled trip earlier this year which didn’t interfere with me being able to make 6 days of park reservations. We bought new 6-day passes for MW so we didn’t have to deal with refunds, etc. So hopefully that means the glitch has been worked out regarding how many days worth the system is recognizing.

I have been doing some napkin math today and have come up with the following numbers for the price of Park tickets (excl. tax) that are part of room packages:

3-day tix = $133.33 /day
4-day tix = $127.94 /day
5-day tix = $114.51 /day
6-day tix = $103.66 /day
7-day tix = $94.76 /day
8-day tix = $89.37 /day

Is it me or does that seem high? It appears Disney is taking advantage of us by forcing us into rack rate rooms and inflated ticket prices for reduced theme park experiences.

3-day tix = $133.33 /day
4-day tix = $127.94 /day
5-day tix = $114.51 /day
6-day tix = $103.66 /day
7-day tix = $94.76 /day
8-day tix = $89.37 /day

Is it me or does that seem high? It appears Disney is taking advantage of us by forcing us into rack rate rooms and inflated ticket prices for reduced theme park experiences.

Those do seem high. Where are you seeing these prices? My receipt from my TA wasn’t itemized so I can’t verify what our 6 day tix cost.

I basically went to the Disney website and did the following:
  • Put in a 7-night stay from Jan 5- Jan 12
  • Select Package as the option and got a price.
  • I then went back a step and selected room only instead and got a price.
  • I then subtracted the two to find out the total ticket cost.
  • I then divided by the number of nights +1 to get the ticket cost per day.
  • I then repeated for shorter and shorter length of stays to get the range from 8 park days down to 3.

(also, when you do the room-only option, you can click on details to see the room charge per night.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter