Marathon Weekend 2021

I have been doing some napkin math today and have come up with the following numbers for the price of Park tickets (excl. tax) that are part of room packages:

3-day tix = $133.33 /day
4-day tix = $127.94 /day
5-day tix = $114.51 /day
6-day tix = $103.66 /day
7-day tix = $94.76 /day
8-day tix = $89.37 /day

Is it me or does that seem high? It appears Disney is taking advantage of us by forcing us into rack rate rooms and inflated ticket prices for reduced theme park experiences.
Is that for park hoppers (I realize there's no hopping now, but I read that they were selling them)? I sure hope those aren't the regular ticket prices because I was basing my plans on the tp ticket price comparison tool amount and these prices are much higher. I can't buy tickets until the 28th.

I believe you can add tickets to a 2021 room only reservation starting tomorrow, the 24th. View attachment 503410
I got my tickets and made the park reservations on 6/24.
I found out the hard way that since I booked the hotel and Dopey through runDisney, I needed to call them and not the regular reservations line (a total of 4 hours on hold to find out I was calling the wrong people whoops, first 2 hours don't count as I hung up on myself).

Last edited:
Booked Pop yesterday for Sat to Tue. Went with MK sat, HS sun, and EP mon for my parks. Really wanted to try a skyliner resort and whatever I saved going with Pop, I'll probably spend on celebratory drinks on Sun & Mon. My sis may join me, just waiting to see what she decides this week.
Still have no idea what is going on with Chicago marathon; hope we hear soon so I can decide how I want to play out training.
I also have a goal of losing 10 lbs by marathon weekend so that I can gain them all back at Epcot.

Yesterday was crazy!!!! called Disney to add tickets to our room so we could make our park reservations and had to change our hotel since it wasn't on the open hotel list. We booked Wilderness Lodge in January right after Marathon Weekend and switched to Beach Club Yesterday.

1. Anybody else have to change their hotels for Marathon weekend?
2. With all the fall races being canceled anyone starting to worry that Marathon Weekend won't happen?

-Courtney:sulley::figment:

Yesterday was crazy!!!! called Disney to add tickets to our room so we could make our park reservations and had to change our hotel since it wasn't on the open hotel list. We booked Wilderness Lodge in January right after Marathon Weekend and switched to Beach Club Yesterday.

1. Anybody else have to change their hotels for Marathon weekend?
2. With all the fall races being canceled anyone starting to worry that Marathon Weekend won't happen?

-Courtney:sulley::figment:

For #2: I have been going into everything for this year and next with the mindset that a trip/event would be "nice to have" but also keeping in mind that it may not be exactly the experience I expect or that it may get cancelled. I am hopeful and optimistic for MW but I also registered for it knowing I could afford to lose out on the fee in exchange for taking the chance. I do hope they make a decision by 12/10/20 because selfishly that's my "cancel without penalty" date for my resort/ticket package :)
So my short answer is: I am not worried, instead I am choosing to be hopeful.
(now I'm sure lots of people's opinions will change the closer we get to the weekend based on whatever is happening in the world)

Is that for park hoppers (I realize there's no hopping now, but I read that they were selling them)? I sure hope those aren't the regular ticket prices because I was basing my plans on the tp ticket price comparison tool amount and these prices are much higher. I can't buy tickets until the 28th.
I clicked on the details for the pakage and see the following:

roxymama- I guess worried is the wrong word to use and hopeful fits the mindset in our house at the moment. Like many people in the RunDisney universe, this would be my dad's second RunDisney canceled event due to COVID, he was supposed to do Star Wars. Hopefully, they will give us enough notice so that we all can get our refunds.

roxymama- I guess worried is the wrong word to use and hopeful fits the mindset in our house at the moment. Like many people in the RunDisney universe, this would be my dad's second RunDisney canceled event due to COVID, he was supposed to do Star Wars. Hopefully, they will give us enough notice so that we all can get our refunds.

Yes, to all of that!

SAFD:
Ten attractions:
1. The original Journey Into the Imagination ride. I'll lift the entire pyramid building into my hypothetical park, so it will also include the awesome upstairs play area.

2. The Great Movie Ride

3. Splash Mountain

4. Tower of Terror

5. Kilaminjaro Safari

6. Buzz Light Year's Space Ranger Spin

7. Space Mountain

8. Rise of the Resistance

9. Flight of Passage

10. The American Pavillion film. I have a soft spot for over the top patriotism. :)

Incidentally, the above list is in order of favorites. Based on the track record of my favorite rides, I constantly live in fear for Splash Mountain and ToT.

Whelp, Disney just announced that they're going to change Splash Mountain to Princess and the Frog themed, though no timeliness yet. I hereby change my answer to ORIGINAL WDW Splash Mountain. Go ahead and add ORIGINAL WDW Tower of Terror to the list too, as its days are probably numbered too.

Disney has long held the source film to be problematic/controversial enough that they have never released it for home video. I love Splash Mountain but have always felt conflicted when riding it because of where the story for the ride originates (As an adult. As a 9-11 year old I was blissfully naive). I see the fun and whimsical side of the narrative and love the characters; but I also know when I ride I can’t shake that there’s something not right about it (as desperate as I am for those feelings to be unfounded).

The original will always live in my mind and I’ll remember the wonderful things about it; but, even though it’s my favorite ride and the nostalgic ride of my childhood, I’ll not lose any sleep over the decision to re-theme. Princess and the Frog is a wonderful film and deserves a prominent place in the parks. That it will grace some iconic real estate is more than fitting and I look forward to my next ride.

Personally, I never grew up with Splash Mountain being linked in my mind to the Songs of the South film. Instead I grew up with it being linked to the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah song from the Sing-A-Long VHS and with the Brer Rabbit stories we read in 1st grade. Therefore, I've never felt the ride to be controversial. To be fair, I'm not a Person of Color, and social mores change with time.

The parks are not museums, they are meant to entertain and as @Barca33Runner pointed out, Princess and the Frog will resonate more with families that will be attending the park today.

Similar to Maelstrom converting into Frozen Ever After, however, this is just another change in the park that doesn't particularly resonate with me. I'll continue to enjoy Splash Mountain while it remains in its current form, and I'll be sad to see it go.

I basically went to the Disney website and did the following:
  • Put in a 7-night stay from Jan 5- Jan 12
  • Select Package as the option and got a price.
  • I then went back a step and selected room only instead and got a price.
  • I then subtracted the two to find out the total ticket cost.
  • I then divided by the number of nights +1 to get the ticket cost per day.
  • I then repeated for shorter and shorter length of stays to get the range from 8 park days down to 3.

(also, when you do the room-only option, you can click on details to see the room charge per night.)
I went through and "booked" my current reservation (room + 6-day tix) and worked backwards 6, 5, 4... and what I got for ticket prices was much cheaper that what you are seeing. I would certainly hope they aren't raising prices while offering less on top of rack rate rooms.

I’m a bit late to the thread but I wanted to post since I am officially running my first runDisney race, which just happens to be my first marathon as well. I would love to get some advice from those seasoned veterans as well as meet some other runDisney newbies!

Welcome! My first marathon was at Disney. It seemed like a good motivating factor to run it at a place that I frequented and enjoyed. You will certainly get 999+ suggestions on how to train for and run the race. If you don't have the basics covered (an honest assessment of your current fitness/training capacity, good running shoes and gear, a training plan that will work for you), then that will be the place to start.

As we get into fall training, chatter will pick up--although with COVID and the uncertainty it brings, it's already high! People will check in as to how things are going, travel plans, social meet-ups, so there will be a lot of help.

Finally, know your acronyms. Okay, the most important one: DATW.....Drink around the World. It's the Monday social event at Epcot where the group meets to drink around the world and celebrate a great race weekend.

I’m a bit late to the thread but I wanted to post since I am officially running my first runDisney race, which just happens to be my first marathon as well. I would love to get some advice from those seasoned veterans as well as meet some other runDisney newbies!

If you run now with music, podcasts or whatever, try to get used to running without it. There’s so much to see and hear on the course and I really recommend eliminating anything that would be a distraction.

Pack for all weather. Seriously. If the forecast says it will be dry and 75 on race day, have an outfit for 45 and rainy.

Get to know the people on this board. Attend meetups. We’re all pretty nice, fun people.

DATW training is just as important as marathon training. ;)

Nothing new on race day.

Have race shoes and park shoes. That way if there is a Florida rainstorm you aren't caught with wet shoes for your run.
Don't stay up super late the night before the race...it's a really early wake up. Much earlier than most other non-Disney races. Though with limited fireworks/night shows right now it will be easier to not be tempted.
Pre-orders for race merch like pins/magnets, etc makes things easy (though not sure how expo will be different this year.)
Embrace dressing up! It's really fun to people watch all the "costumes" or themed running outfits.

Those are my main things. Although a RD vet, It'll be my first rundisney marathon too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter