Marathon Weekend 2021

What's "Perfect registration"? Just trying to figure out what that means as I am seriously hoping for more bibs to be released. DH wants to do Dopey and I want to do the Marathon but we hadn't decided when registration opened and of course weren't able to get a spot.
Perfect means the person has run every single race of that particular distance or challenge since it started.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, build the ultimate Disney Park! Pick 10 attractions, a nighttime show, two counter service restaurants and two table service restaurants. You can draw from any Disney property around the world. As an added bonus, I’m allowing retired attractions and shows.

Attractions:
1. RotR
2. Splash Mountain (DL)
3. Haunted Mansion (Isn’t Shanghai Disney’s supposed to be really good?)
4. Toy Story Midway Mania
5. Tower of Terror
6. Tron (never done it, sounds cool)
7. 7DMT
8. Big Thunder
9. Kilimanjaro Safari
10. Soarin’ Over California

Nighttime show:
1. Wishes!

Counter Service:
1. Flame Tree BBQ
2. Columbia Harbour House

Table service:
1. Boma
2. Ohana

Have a great, safe and healthy week, everyone!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, build the ultimate Disney Park! Pick 10 attractions, a nighttime show, two counter service restaurants and two table service restaurants. You can draw from any Disney property around the world. As an added bonus, I’m allowing retired attractions and shows.
Attractions:
  1. Tower of Terror (HS)
  2. Splash Mountain (DL)
  3. Haunted Mansion Holiday (DL)
  4. Pirates of the Caribbean (DL)
  5. Indiana Jones (DL)
  6. Kilimanjaro Safaris (AK)
  7. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (DL)
  8. Radiator Springs Racers (DCA)
  9. Living with the Land (Epcot)
  10. Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
Nighttime Show:
  1. Fantasmic! (The OG DL version)

Quick Service:
  1. Satu’li Canteen (AK)
  2. Rancho del Zocalo (DL)

Table Service:
  1. Boma (AKL)
  2. Via Napoli (Epcot)

Attractions:
1. Tower of Terror
2. RotR
3. Splash Mountain
4. Space Mountain
5. Haunted Mansion
6. Soarin' California
7. Radiator Springs Racers
8. Toy Story Mania
9. Avatar
10. 7DMT

Show:
Illuminations

Quick Service:
Columbia Harbor House
La Cantina de San Angel

Table Service:
Takumi-Tei
Tiffins

Are we allowing park hopping or is that banned in this like the future of WDW ;)

Attractions:
1. Rise of the Resistance
2. Big Thunder Mountain
3. Space Mountain
4. Flight of Passage
5. Everest
6. Slinky Dog Dash
7. Pirates
8. Haunted Mansion
9. Country Bear Jamboree
10. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Show:
Illuminations

Dining:
Satuli Canteen
La Cantina de San Angel

Tiffins
Le Cellier

Attractions:
1. ToT
2. Flight of Passage
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Pirates
6. Peoplemover
7. Soarin’
8. Expedition Everest
9. Kilimanjaro Safari
10. Rise of the Resistance (I’ve never actually ridden this but from what every one says I think I need to include it)

Nighttime show:
1. HEA

Counter Service:
1. Casey’s (love eating a hot dog sitting in the hub waiting for HEA)

Table service:
1. V&A
2. Hollywood Brown Derby (Cobb salad!!)

Attractions:
1. RotR
2. Splash Mountain (DL)
3. Haunted Mansion (Isn’t Shanghai Disney’s supposed to be really good?)
5. Tower of Terror
6. Tron (never done it, sounds cool)
7. 7DMT
8. Big Thunder
9. Kilimanjaro Safari
10. Soarin’ Over California

Nighttime show:
1. Wishes!

Counter Service:
1. Flame Tree

Table service:
1. Boma
2. Ohana

Have a great, safe and healthy week, everyone!

Attractions:
1. Haunted Mansion
2. Rise of the Resistance
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
5. It’s a Small World (DL)
6. Soarin’
7. Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
8. Jungle Cruise
9. Kilimanjaro Safari
10. Flights of Wonder

Nighttime show:
1. Wishes!

Counter Service:
1. Rancho del Zocalo (DL)
2. Columbia Harbour House (bringing back the DL clam chowder in a bread bowl)

Table service:
1. Le Cellier
2. Raglan Road

SAFD:

Attractions (no particular order):
1. Big Thunder Mountain
2. Rise of the Resistance
3. Toy Story Midway Mania
4. Peoplemover
5. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
6. Soarin’
7. Expedition Everest
8. Tower of Terror
9. Millennium Falcon
10. Na’vi River Journey

Nighttime Show:
1. First Star Wars Fireworks show at HS before too many projections were introduced (I don’t remember what it was called - maybe Symphony In the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular???. It was there for a limited time, and I remember really enjoying it!!)

Counter Service:
1. Flame Tree Barbecue
2. Fairfax Fair

Table Service:
1. Liberty Tree Tavern
2. Garden Grill

Ooh! This is fun... let me see...

SAFD:

Attractions:
1. Jungle Cruise
2. Toy Story Mania
3. Safari
4. Tower of Terror
5. Space Mountain
6. Everest
7. Seven Dwarves
8. Little Mermaid
9. Spaceship Earth
10. Peoplemover

Nighttime show:
1. Wishes!

Counter Service:
1. Ice Cream Parlor
2. Cosmic Rays

Table service:
1. Teppan Edo
2. Via Napoli

ah, got it. thanks. and that's pretty amazing for folks who have done that!

It is! My favorite is giving out the perfect lanyards at the end of Marathon! Last year I believe there was still about 74 left, or somewhere in that ball park. So awesome to see them finish yet again!

Attractions:
1. Jungle Cruise
2. Space Mountain (DL)
3. Slinky Dog
4. Matterhorn
5. Tower of Terror (Guardians Version, DL)
6. Big Thunder (DL)
7. 7DMT
8. Haunted Mansion (Nightmare before Christmas version, DL)
9. Kilimanjaro Safari
10. Alice in Wonderland (DL)

Nighttime show:
1. Wishes!

Counter Service:
1. Flame Tree BBQ
2. Yorkshire Fish Shop (EPCOT)

Table service:
1. Citrocos
2. Sanaa

SAFD

Attractions:
1. Pirates of the Caribbean (DL)
2. Haunted Mansion (DL version so we get the original and Holiday versions)
3. Tower of Terror (DHS)
4. ROTR (DHS)
5. Thunder Mountain (DL)
6. Splash Mountain (WDW or DL)
7. Kilimanjaro Safari (AK)
8. Expedition Everest (AK)
9. Radiator Springs (DCA)
10. Incredicoaster (DCA)

Nighttime Show: Fantasmic at Disneyland

Counter Service:
French Market (DL)
Adventurers Club (WDW)

Table Service:
Ohana
Boma

SAFD:

I’ve only ever been to WDW so I’ll limit things to my knowledge and avoid conjecture about attractions from other parks that are awesome or better versions than WDW. I’ll be in good shape without venturing outside WDW.

Nighttime Show: Happily Ever After-Put it first because it is probably the most essential for me. I don't have the nostalgia factor for any of the other shows. There's just something about this one that gives me all the feels.

Attractions:
1. Splash Mountain-I know the controversy surrounding the theme and would understand and have no issue if they re-themed the ride. It's still the ride of my childhood. The one attraction my brother and sister and I knew we needed to ride when we came for the first time. It's got the thrills and it has the nostalgia for me. Doesn't get any better.
2. Gran Fiesta Tour-I think I like this attraction and The Three Caballeros wayyyy more than most people and every park needs a walk-on, get out of the heat, relaxing boat ride
3. Flight of Passage-People seem to have cooled considerably on this in the last year. I don't get it.
4. Toy Story Mania-I'm competitive and games are fun even though I'm not very good at this one.
5. Smuggler's Run-*whispers* I like it better than RotR
6. Expedition Everest-More thrill rides please
7. Kilimanjaro Safari-Always great and adds some more variety
8. Haunted Mansion-I used to not get it. Now I do.
9. Rock n Roller Coaster-The only thing I don't like is how often it breaks down.
10. Under the Sea Journey of the Little Mermaid-I love the music and it's another nice omnimover attraction

There are so many more that I'd like to include (ToT, Space Ranger Spin, Space Mountain, Slinky, Big Thunder, Peter Pan, Star Tours, etc., etc., etc.). The one that completely underwhelmed me and is nowhere close to my list is RotR. I know that some of this was influenced by my nightmare of a time getting on the ride, but my reaction was "that was fine." I guess it had no way of living up to the hype. I'll go on it again when I don't have to go through the clown show of a system they have set up for the queue. Maybe I'll enjoy it on a second go, but I'm not in a rush.

Quick Service
1. Les Halles-No question. First choice for me by a mile
2. Tangierine Cafe-Just edges Satu'li.

Table Service
1. Sanaa-It's just my favorite
2. Tusker House-It's my park so I'd bring in the Hundred Acre Wood friends from Crystal Palace for the character meal as well as the Safari clad bunch. Would it make sense? Does it have to?

Attractions:
1. Splash Mountain
2. RotR
3. PeopleMover
4. Spaceship Earth
5. Horizons
6. Original Journey into Imagination
7. Radiator Springs Racers
8. Flights of Passage
9. Space Mountain
10. Mr. Toad

Show:
Illuminations. Close to adding HEA, as I think its fantastic. But Illuminations has such a special place in our heart.

Quick Service:
Les Halles
La Cantina de San Angel

Table Service:
Biergarten
Brown Derby

I was able to get my park reservations made this morning for marathon weekend (minus one day that I need to add to my resort reservation). Hopefully everyone else is able to do the same today or in the next few days. I don’t know how fast the allotment will go. 🤷‍♀️

I was able to get my park reservations made this morning for marathon weekend (minus one day that I need to add to my resort reservation). Hopefully everyone else is able to do the same today or in the next few days. I don’t know how fast the allotment will go. 🤷‍♀️
I plan on calling on the 24th to add tickets to my 2021 room package. I am a little nervous about availability of parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter