Magic coming out of dry dock

It is sad. I saw posts about it here when it happened. It's making me seriously consider sailing with another cruise line if we return to Alaska. There was very little indoor viewing space as it was, and to take it away and give it to a tiny fraction of their guests was a poor decision in my opinion. I tend to stay CL in the WDW hotels but I'm not interested in paying $$$ for concierge on the ships. CL in the hotels doesn't take away from other guests experiences like concierge does on the ships.
I 100% agree. When my husband and I had a little time away from the kids that is where we hung out. With 14 days we got a lot of use out of it. I cannot imagine it not being there when we do the PC again some day. Even when we were in the upper area you could tell that there was hardly anyone in the concierge area. Seems rediculous to have expanded it even more. Such a waste of a heavily used and loved space.

I know I am a broken record...but has anyone seen anything for the updates to Vibe and could you please post them here? Thanks a million!

someone (finally!) posted video of Rapunzel's Royal Table-
i can't wait to see it in october! (the lanterns are my FAVORITE)
I’m not sure I love this. I really liked Tangled on the Magic (LOVED the lanterns), but I wouldn’t want to eat here on the Tangled show night and if I ate here on a different night after Tangled show night, it would seem a bit repetitive and (dare I say) overkill. On a different ship, it would be special.

I’m not sure I love this. I really liked Tangled on the Magic (LOVED the lanterns), but I wouldn’t want to eat here on the Tangled show night and if I ate here on a different night after Tangled show night, it would seem a bit repetitive and (dare I say) overkill. On a different ship, it would be special.
Dare I say I was kind of thinking that exact same thing? It does look pretty though, so I will reserve judgement (until I’m there 7/19!!!).

I know I am a broken record...but has anyone seen anything for the updates to Vibe and could you please post them here? Thanks a million!
Well it’s almost a week so maybe something will come up soon. When do you sail?

Well it’s almost a week so maybe something will come up soon. When do you sail?
Not until July, 2019! We had been planning our next cruise to be the Fantasy 11 day Southern Caribbean since it is our son's favorite ship, has a super amazing Vibe and will be his last time before he ages out of the clubs. Just too expensive, so Europe and Magic here we come. So I have been really hoping that they did something big with the update to the Vibe. I always keep any updates or changes to the ships a secret from our kids, but I let our son know that he could see pics of the new Vibe so he knows what to expect since it is not the Fantasy. The best surprise was when they moved the Edge from deck two and when he went to the club it just wasn't there. Luckily I was there to help him out. :)

Not until July, 2019! We had been planning our next cruise to be the Fantasy 11 day Southern Caribbean since it is our son's favorite ship, has a super amazing Vibe and will be his last time before he ages out of the clubs. Just too expensive, so Europe and Magic here we come. So I have been really hoping that they did something big with the update to the Vibe. I always keep any updates or changes to the ships a secret from our kids, but I let our son know that he could see pics of the new Vibe so he knows what to expect since it is not the Fantasy. The best surprise was when they moved the Edge from deck two and when he went to the club it just wasn't there. Luckily I was there to help him out. :)
I don’t expect to get your photos will come quickly but some should be there and someone will post something with-in about two months time. So one month before you leave you should definitely have some photographic evidence of the new Vibe.

I was pretty surprised that they would include the lantern scene in this as that is such a pivotal moment in Tangled.

I did find it amusing when the guest was questioning the CM about being in both the restaurant and the WD theater. :rolleyes1

I didnt watch the whole video but from what I saw I LOVE IT!! Cariocas always seemed a little cheap and cheezy. With the wood beams and the purple the restaurant has more warmth and I beautiful - esp. since purple is my favorite color.

No change on the Magic, since the area on deck 10 of the Magic was already Concierge only. There was no Outlook on the Magic, only on the Wonder. Now both ships have the same arrangement of this area.

well that means it is a change from the original layout of the magic - neither the magic nor the wonder had any concierge lounges originally...we used to travel concierge back in the day when there were only the classic ships and there was no concierge lounge at all - it was one of our criticisms at the time...
so now that we no longer travel concierge, they've upgraded the experience for concierge guests, but downgraded it for everyone else...:rolleyes:

Thanks @gilsan ! My youngest will be 14 on our summer cruise on the Magic (and starting high school 3 weeks later.) I'll be sure to show her these! My oldest is 18, aged out of Vibe--but looking forward to doing some of the adult things like the cooking classes, etc. I'm sending her to the 1820 society meeting the first night--so hopefully she'll find some people her own age that way!

Wow that looks great! The Vibe was the first club my oldest son ever went to, he turned 16 on our 1st cruise. He loved it. We never saw him. He will be 24 next month, wow time flies. My other two sons were never into clubs like their brother, but the love DCL. Sadly, my baby is now 18, so no more clubs.

I always envied the kids who get to cruise DCL, I wish I was a kid again just to go the clubs!

Wow that looks great! The Vibe was the first club my oldest son ever went to, he turned 16 on our 1st cruise. He loved it. We never saw him. He will be 24 next month, wow time flies. My other two sons were never into clubs like their brother, but the love DCL. Sadly, my baby is now 18, so no more clubs.

I always envied the kids who get to cruise DCL, I wish I was a kid again just to go the clubs!

our son was 15 and 17 on his two cruises...and yes, he also adored the club....we only saw him for meals and the theater show..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter