Magic coming out of dry dock

We were ARLAR and there was only a show the first time which coincided with Tangled show night for us

. If I'm being honest, there was a lot going on there, and it was a bit overwhelming trying to watch the festivities and order food. Rapunzel went around most of the tables, but Flynn he had go back to the stage right before he got to our table. The decor was incredible and I loved the thugs. Clap clap stomp stomp quack quack huah! There were musicians on stage and walking around too.

It was nice to enjoy the decor without the show the second night we were there which was Til We Meet Again menu. Plus we had breakfast there before leaving the ship. Not sure if it was new but there is Rapunzel related artwork across from the aft elevators outside the restaurant.
Did you feel like you had a good seat? Or were there spots in the restaurant where you wouldn't be able to see the show well?

any rainforest room pictures?

See Page 5, Post #81.....I can't help but think that the 3rd pic down of the rainforest room bench with the green tile looks like part of a woman's reproductive system that begins with a U.

MJ

See Page 5, Post #81.....I can't help but think that the 3rd pic down of the rainforest room bench with the green tile looks like part of a woman's reproductive system that begins with a U.

MJ
What were they thinking?

Is it just me or are the above photos of the “old vibe” look like the earlier posts we looked at but when it was new?
Is that pictures of the “new vibe” with fewer white cubes (I assume tossed as they got dirty) with a few sadder looking black couches?

The video could be the new vibe with more color. I’m just not remembering the elevator in that spot on the Wonder. Is it different on the Magic?

Is that video older also? She has a Halloween Mickey on her Door?

Last edited:
Did you feel like you had a good seat? Or were there spots in the restaurant where you wouldn't be able to see the show well?

Unfortunately, yes. We were toward the back but middle, so an okay seat but not great. Sides of the room would be harder. I'm not sure if Rapunzel made it all the way around the room to visit. It was nice all the characters were out among the tables. Hopefully the servers will become more familiar with everything going on for timing, etc.

MJ
Hahaha! Didn’t notice that at first but yes!

It looked a little unfinished to me too. Since some other areas were not quite finished, I'm hoping that the finishing touches were still going on. I only see one large tv screen and am thinking maybe they will have some other kind of gaming setup in that little room off to the side. Seems kind of silly to only have one area for gaming when the Edge even has two. They did do a lot more cosmetic changes than I thought they would to give it a very different feel being much more contemporary than homey.

I like the layout of the (furniture, etc. ) Vide more than the new layout of the Cove.

Is it just me or are the above photos of the “old vibe” look like the earlier posts we looked at but when it was new?
Is that pictures of the “new vibe” with fewer white cubes (I assume tossed as they got dirty) with a few sadder looking black couches?

The video could be the new vibe with more color. I’m just not remembering the elevator in that spot on the Wonder. Is it different on the Magic?

Is that video older also? She has a Halloween Mickey on her Door?
Yes, the photos posted of the Vibe with the video were pre update.

Yes, the photos posted of the Vibe with the video were pre update.
That’s sometimes the problem with using the internet for search information, the word NEW never gets removed from descriptions. And now if someone google’s they are going to get today old info posted here as “just posted” this week.

I find that from all the “missing people alerts” I get on FB 90% are no longer missing. And I’m glad that’s the case. I’m not going to forward false info, so I check, makes my posts more credible. Thing is I never find out if the lost dogs are found. That is more like 10% if you’re lucky.

Just saying, internet searches can be misleading or wrong because they are old. :(

By the way, how big of an over-the-door hanger can I use? I want to order it with my extension cord. And would it be okay if I gave 6 pillow cases to customer service desk? JUST KIDDING!(They don’t do any of that anymore) But it can still be found if you’re looking for DCL secrets.

Unfortunately, yes. We were toward the back but middle, so an okay seat but not great. Sides of the room would be harder. I'm not sure if Rapunzel made it all the way around the room to visit. It was nice all the characters were out among the tables. Hopefully the servers will become more familiar with everything going on for timing, etc.

did you think it was strange to have the same show in the restaurant that you were going to see (or had seen) in the theater?
Rapunzel sings two of the songs that are in the theater show...
on the Wonder, they have a different theater show from what you see in tiana's....

DD and i have been discussing this. She's actually a bit disturbed by it. She saw the theater show two years ago on her med cruise.
She absolutely adored Tangled, but she's really not sure what to think about a similar show also in the restaurant.

Also, when we watched the youtube video, it seemed so rude the way people are eating and talking during the show.
But on the other hand, the guests really have no choice but to eat and talk during the show - as they're simultaneous.
It's as if you're being forced to be rude while performers are performing.

what did you think?

did you think it was strange to have the same show in the restaurant that you were going to see (or had seen) in the theater?
Rapunzel sings two of the songs that are in the theater show...
on the Wonder, they have a different theater show from what you see in tiana's....

DD and i have been discussing this. She's actually a bit disturbed by it. She saw the theater show two years ago on her med cruise.
She absolutely adored Tangled, but she's really not sure what to think about a similar show also in the restaurant.

Also, when we watched the youtube video, it seemed so rude the way people are eating and talking during the show.
But on the other hand, the guests really have no choice but to eat and talk during the show - as they're simultaneous.
It's as if you're being forced to be rude while performers are performing.

what did you think?

That is how many cabarets and/or dinner theater performances work. You're supposed to eat and drink while it's going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter