Magic coming out of dry dock

That is how many cabarets and/or dinner theater performances work. You're supposed to eat and drink while it's going on.

I've been to many dinner theaters and typically all ordering and much of the eating is completed before the performance begins.
But at least all of the ordering.

i'm not saying one way or the other - i'm discussing. Just throwing it out there to talk about.

DD was also very bothered by the fact that there are locations in the restaurant that do not have a view at all.
I was less bothered by this, but maybe she's right. I guess she was upset that in that video, the tables we see right up at the front are concierge.
But i knew that would be the case, and it really doesn't bother me at all. They pay big bucks to travel concierge, so i have no problem with them getting better tables in the restaurant.

But i digress from my main topic - the repeated songs / theme (as opposed to what they have on the Wonder - the first ship they did this).

Last edited:
I guess she was upset that in that video, the tables we see right up at the front are concierge.
But i knew that would be the case, and it really doesn't bother me at all. They pay big bucks to travel concierge, so i have no problem with them getting better tables in the restaurant.

The new restaurant looks to be set up like Tiana's. I will say that this summer, we were not Concierge but we still had a great seat. I would not have wanted to be right by the stage as it would have been very loud. With the characters walking around, I don't think you would miss any of the really fun parts to watch. The stage part looks like it's just singing and I don't need to see every breath the performers take. I'm hoping we get a similar table placement in Rapunzel's this summer.

I am thinking about a proper dinner theater and comparing it to the MDR that I am aware of on Magic and Wonder.
How have the following problems been delt with? The server booth/stands are taller than anyone whom would be sitting and causing an obstruction. Anywhere from 25-30% of the people will have to chose between eating but not watching the show or turning their chairs around and having their plate on their lap?

We were on the Magic 3/9-3/14 and we thought Rapunzel's Royal Table was amazing. Disney outdid itself on this one. The atmosphere, decor, entertainment and menu were so well done. We were hoping to dine there on Tangled night but unfortunately we were LARLA which also meant we were only there for one night.

Hi - do you remember what the schedule of the shows was like for that cruise? I think we are taking the same one in April. We put in a request to have the ARLAR dining rotation. If they have the same schedule as your cruise, it seems like we would have the Rapunzel theater show the same night as the Rapunzel dinner show - I think that would be nice, actually, so my daughter can wear her Rapunzel costume for both events!

I imagine it's the same on the Magic. I too was disappointed to hear they had done that. It was a nice option to have. I hope they don't keep taking away more for Concierge as most of us will never be there.

The deck plans on the Disney website as of right now look exactly the same for both ships - Cove Cafe only shows up on Deck 9

Scott from the DCL Blog is currently on the Magic. In his recap from Day 1 there are photos of some updated areas, including Vibe, Signals and Cove Cafe. They've also added a small jewellery shop into the area occupied by Shutters.

did you think it was strange to have the same show in the restaurant that you were going to see (or had seen) in the theater?
Rapunzel sings two of the songs that are in the theater show...
on the Wonder, they have a different theater show from what you see in tiana's....

DD and i have been discussing this. She's actually a bit disturbed by it. She saw the theater show two years ago on her med cruise.
She absolutely adored Tangled, but she's really not sure what to think about a similar show also in the restaurant.

Also, when we watched the youtube video, it seemed so rude the way people are eating and talking during the show.
But on the other hand, the guests really have no choice but to eat and talk during the show - as they're simultaneous.
It's as if you're being forced to be rude while performers are performing.

what did you think?

I couldn't have told you what songs were sung. It was very hectic for us trying to place our orders, etc. I think the timing will improve as the servers and performers get used to the activities. You do have to eat during everything, and it was extremely loud in there. I think it was overstimulating for some of us though. Lighting was pretty poor too. I hate to be negative, but I had to walk my daughter up to the room because it was too much for her, and she is 13! So I probably missed some of the stuff. It was nice to be in the restaurant for 2 dinners and breakfast on debarkation day, much quieter.

We did enjoy having a 'Tangled' day though. Best Day Ever. It wasn't overwhelming for us as we also got to enjoy the Snuggly Duckling in O'Gills that night. I love the thugs, I really do.

our son was 15 and 17 on his two cruises...and yes, he also adored the club....we only saw him for meals and the theater show..

You were lucky! We only saw ours for dinner, but not until they reached the ravenous teen years, and they realized they could order as much as they wanted!

I couldn't have told you what songs were sung. It was very hectic for us trying to place our orders, etc. I think the timing will improve as the servers and performers get used to the activities. You do have to eat during everything, and it was extremely loud in there. I think it was overstimulating for some of us though. Lighting was pretty poor too. I hate to be negative, but I had to walk my daughter up to the room because it was too much for her, and she is 13! So I probably missed some of the stuff. It was nice to be in the restaurant for 2 dinners and breakfast on debarkation day, much quieter.

We did enjoy having a 'Tangled' day though. Best Day Ever. It wasn't overwhelming for us as we also got to enjoy the Snuggly Duckling in O'Gills that night. I love the thugs, I really do.

DH and I will be on the Magic this October. The decor and menu look great but I don’t know if we will really like the show. We have not seen Tangled. We have grown boys. Well, we will have to wait and see. We always do something at least onc on the ships.

I've been to many dinner theaters and typically all ordering and much of the eating is completed before the performance begins.
But at least all of the ordering.

i'm not saying one way or the other - i'm discussing. Just throwing it out there to talk about.

DD was also very bothered by the fact that there are locations in the restaurant that do not have a view at all.
I was less bothered by this, but maybe she's right. I guess she was upset that in that video, the tables we see right up at the front are concierge.

But i digress from my main topic - the repeated songs / theme (as opposed to what they have on the Wonder - the first ship they did this).

How do you know that about the tables..? We were concierge on our last Wonder cruise and we had a worse table and view in Tianas' than when we sailed with my parents. We were both in 9B staterooms for that one and were right in front though back a couple of tables. While concierge we were towards the back and off to the side - not quite at a window - and my husband had to sit with his back to the stage the way the table was set up.

DH and I will be on the Magic this October. The decor and menu look great but I don’t know if we will really like the show. We have not seen Tangled. We have grown boys. Well, we will have to wait and see. We always do something at least onc on the ships.

We will be sailing on the Magic soon. I've already told DH that he's going to have to watch Tangled before we leave!! Knowing the movie will enhance the experience. :)

We will be sailing on the Magic soon. I've already told DH that he's going to have to watch Tangled before we leave!! Knowing the movie will enhance the experience. :)

My husband isn't the biggest Disney fan, but he really enjoyed the show immensely. Honestly I'm not sure he has seen the movie!

I would say do not sit up front, way too much smoke in the show at least our performance. Other than that, it was well done and alot of fun.

So which is the next vessel scheduled for a dry dock/update?

I'd put my money on the Dream, the other 3 have all been in dry dock more recently thus the Dream will reach the maximum statutory length between dry docks sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter