Magic coming out of dry dock

Does anyone know if there any additional structural changes or cabin changes during dry dock this time (beyond VOD)?

I kind of agree with the Three's Company comment about the Cove Café. However, I'm loving the look of the Rainforest Room. I think I'll have to get a day pass to use the heated loungers after a long day of touring the Med!

The Rainforest room looks nice. How close it is it in offering now to the bigger ships. I was on the Magic last year. When I was in the lobby of Senses Spa waiting for my pedicure, a couple came in wearing bathrobes. Only minutes later the cam back out and said they wanted to cancel their Rainforest Room visit, because they were disappointed in the facilities. They said they were used to th Dream.

I have never really explored the Senses Spa offerings on any of the ship. I will be on the Magic again this fall and I think it’s time. Thanks.

Does anyone know if there any additional structural changes or cabin changes during dry dock this time (beyond VOD)?

We were on a B2B from 1/21 to 1/31. We had new safes in our cabins...drawer style. Some cabins had a small jewelry tray in the safe. I saw piles of old safes in dumpsters at at least one port so it seemed to be a project in progress. A worker installed a modem in our cabin on the second cruise and told me it was for on demand which would be operational after dry dock. Didn't hear or see any other changes in the cabin at that point. Oh, no decorative pillow....had those been on the Magic? Glad not to have one of those.

I was afraid what to think about their description. Tropical can go tacky real quick! I do not really see the update being tropical except for the palm in the corner. Maybe it is a little Tommy Bahamaish. I find it maybe a little vanilla. Hoping some more photos or being there in person will help. We really only stop by once or twice, but spent a lot of time there on the Wonder for our WBPC, especially the upper area.
Alas, that upper area of the Cove Cafe on the Wonder is now part of the Concierge Lounge. The spiral staircase was already blocked off when we did the EBPC last October-November, and the conversion of a portion of the space had already been completed. That was our favorite spot to hang out on the Alaska cruise.

Alas, that upper area of the Cove Cafe on the Wonder is now part of the Concierge Lounge. The spiral staircase was already blocked off when we did the EBPC last October-November, and the conversion of a portion of the space had already been completed. That was our favorite spot to hang out on the Alaska cruise.
I imagine it's the same on the Magic. I too was disappointed to hear they had done that. It was a nice option to have. I hope they don't keep taking away more for Concierge as most of us will never be there.

I was wondering (no pun) if they were going to make the same modification on the Magic this dry dock as they tend to keep things similar on the ships. Given the expansion of concierge with the conversion of some of the family suites to the new V cabins there is less space for people on the Magic w/o the modification. We opted for the V cabin on the trip, and I am assuming, the 4 days at sea will see a lot of people take advantage of the space - especially if it is cooler and windy given their northern route to Canada. Given how far north the route takes. I wish they had taken more of a southern route to take us past or to the Azores.

I was wondering (no pun) if they were going to make the same modification on the Magic this dry dock as they tend to keep things similar on the ships. Given the expansion of concierge with the conversion of some of the family suites to the new V cabins there is less space for people on the Magic w/o the modification. We opted for the V cabin on the trip, and I am assuming, the 4 days at sea will see a lot of people take advantage of the space - especially if it is cooler and windy given their northern route to Canada. Given how far north the route takes. I wish they had taken more of a southern route to take us past or to the Azores.
Although sister ships of nominally the same design, the Magic never had the Wonder’s two-level Cove Cafe (deck 9)-Outlook (deck 10) with the internal spiral staircase, so a different starting point in terms of the dry dock conversions. It was only the deck 10 space that was changed on the Wonder. Isn’t the Magic’s Concierge lounge also on deck 10? So, it was actually the Wonder that had less space for the Concierge Lounge prior to these modifications.

Last edited:
I’m not going lie, I am very bummed about the Wonders Outlook for a couple reasons.
1) I can’t remember any place in Disney where “the haves and the have not‘s” have been displayed like this.
• We all get fast passes now.
• The VIP castle room is not flaunted in front of everyone, nor are the special rooms on Main Street.
• VIP’s that are too famous may get on rides without waiting in line and I suspect most of them have a baseball cap and dark glasses. Although with social media the way it is, I live in Wisconsin and hear who’s at the WDW parks daily. So I’m going to see them as a “have not” as in have not got enough protection to get them selves around the park safely. Anyway I digress.

2) My daughter will be on the Wonder in 16 more days. The two places she wanted to go was Cove Café and the Outlook when it was cold in Alaska but she was too young. Now she’s 18 and was looking forward to the Outlook and Cove Café with the special desserts. She’d to tell me all the dirty looks she would get when I would go in to get a coffee and she would be stand outside waiting. After a couple of times she wouldn’t even wait by the door and I had to try and find her in the crowd when I got out. Every once in a while I would read things to her from DISboards here, apparently once I had read to her a particularly heated thread about children in adult places on the Magic and Wonder especially. Pretty sure this is going to bring her excitement down some.

Last edited:

I also am saddened that the whole of Outlook above Cove Café on the Wonder was changed to an all concierge area. I don't understand why they couldn't just leave part of it for the non concierge guests like it used to be. We cruised a few times and the space ratio seemed fair. We enjoyed heading up there to watch the world go by, especially when it was chilly. This is the only space that really separates concierge and non concierge....meaning when it is cold outside it seems that only concierge guests can have the nice warm viewing area up there...that doesn't seem fair to the majority of the ship's guests. Don't get me wrong...I have nothing against concierge at all but in this instance there really is no comparable space for non concierge guests.

I also am saddened that the whole of Outlook above Cove Café on the Wonder was changed to an all concierge area. I don't understand why they couldn't just leave part of it for the non concierge guests like it used to be. We cruised a few times and the space ratio seemed fair. We enjoyed heading up there to watch the world go by, especially when it was chilly. This is the only space that really separates concierge and non concierge....meaning when it is cold outside it seems that only concierge guests can have the nice warm viewing area up there...that doesn't seem fair to the majority of the ship's guests. Don't get me wrong...I have nothing against concierge at all but in this instance there really is no comparable space for non concierge guests.
I don’t even want to look in that glass around that room because I have no poker face.
What will my feelings be when I pass... not wanting to make them feel like I’m an awful person for the reaction on my face, first off. After that I swear I have no control.
Hope the new ships put them out of the sight line of us (cough cough) common folk.

In all seriousness I’m glad they have a place for people who never get to be able to be out and do things. If I see somebody famous as I do from time to time, I’ll smile and nod and that’s it, keep walking. They already know from my face as I walked by, that I think they’re awesome.
They just need to find someplace other than a fishbowl in the middle of the 10th deck. People will stare because they know the high-end, high profile people a.k.a. celebrities and the elite… will be there. At least make it one way glass then if they’re gonna separate it like that.

They only took over part of the upper area. We spent a little time there most days on the last WBPC. So you can still look forward to some relaxing time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter