Magic Bands info for the new test dates in August

I was responding to the person above who was commenting that they could have six sets of FPs but won't because it's wrong. And I do think that's wrong! FP+ and FP- together, no. I'm sad that it will have an effect on those of us who don't have the option, but since they're testing the system--good and bad--I don't see that as an issue.

People who are using old cards? Yes, that's wrong. People who are using an unlinked current ticket to get two sets (not counting FP+)? Yes, that seems wrong to me too and I wouldn't do it. But everyone has their own thresholds.

But it brings up an interesting grey area...FP+ and FP- together seems to be allowed because a KTTW card can get one and the MagicBand the other, and seems to be in the parameters of the test (although some CMs claim otherwise...).

But what if I find that, as an AP holder that is "forced" to have a separate card from my KTTW card and NOT eligible for the MB test, both my AP and my KTTW card can get Fastpasses? It it "wrong" because Disney is allowing it right now? Shades of Late Fastpass discussions...

But it brings up an interesting grey area...FP+ and FP- together seems to be allowed because a KTTW card can get one and the MagicBand the other, and seems to be in the parameters of the test (although some CMs claim otherwise...).

But what if I find that, as an AP holder that is "forced" to have a separate card from my KTTW card and NOT eligible for the MB test, both my AP and my KTTW card can get Fastpasses? It it "wrong" because Disney is allowing it right now? Shades of Late Fastpass discussions...

Well....my opinion, and ONLY my opinion, is it's wrong.

I'm giving the Magic Band testers a break because it is a limited test and they're in a way, doing Disney a "favor" by testing out the new system. As we've all read there have been some glitches, some hugely time-eating glitches at that! So they're kind of getting an extra perk for possibly having some aggravation along the way as well. It seems that once FP+ goes live for everyone, double dipping will be a thing of the past. So enjoy the temporary privilege.

As an AP holder with a separate KTTW card, you've still only paid for one admission ticket per day. Shouldn't that equate to one set of FPs per day?

Again, just my take on things....FWIW!

Hello august ppl! I'm a Sept person with a question.... Are any of you with magic bands on room only reservations?

Hello august ppl! I'm a Sept person with a question.... Are any of you with magic bands on room only reservations?

I am room only. Bought tickets at AAA.

Have my Magicband, FP+, and BOG lunch booked for the end of August.

I will and have manipulated the FP system, when it works to my advantage. I mean, once you figure out that FP is a way to get around the annoyance of waiting in lines, it's not a far leap to trying to find ways to wait in even less lines. Is that wrong? I don't think so. I would never butt in line or do something to break the rules. If Disney is going to let me use a KTTW and FP+ at the same time, yes I'm going to do it. And you know what, it might not work to my advantage. There is a very good possibility that the fact that KTTW cards combined with FP+ and FP all working together are going to render the entire system useless. Im prepared for that. I will get to the park when it opens as I usually do, ride the headliners and then relax. That works better for me than any other strategy. When FP+ is fully rolled out this wont be an issue anymore. Live it up now. Just an opinion.

Well....my opinion, and ONLY my opinion, is it's wrong.

I'm giving the Magic Band testers a break because it is a limited test and they're in a way, doing Disney a "favor" by testing out the new system. As we've all read there have been some glitches, some hugely time-eating glitches at that! So they're kind of getting an extra perk for possibly having some aggravation along the way as well. It seems that once FP+ goes live for everyone, double dipping will be a thing of the past. So enjoy the temporary privilege.

As an AP holder with a separate KTTW card, you've still only paid for one admission ticket per day. Shouldn't that equate to one set of FPs per day?

Again, just my take on things....FWIW!

I'm pretty sure if the shoe was on the other foot, your opinion would flip flop. You are crying unfair, unfair isn't wrong. And you are free to change your resort to a test resort at anytime you want if you want to gain an advantage.

For the most part ppl wearing gray bands are clueless and aren't even using them as the test intended. Even a solid bit of the ppl wearing color bands have no clue. They managed to get as far as ordering the color bands but that's it. These ppl are touring as normal and hopefully remembering to setup FP+ times and use them. They are definitely not double or triple dipping.

At POP they have iPads setup all over trying to get ppl to login in and setup FP+. It is chaos and would be funny if it wasn't so sadly mismanaged. This whole testing has been very mismanaged.

Your fears are really unfounded IMO.

What's the link for the BOG FP again? I scrolled back a bunch of pages, but haven't located it yet.

And, don't be mad, but I'll have a KTTW, AP, and Magic Band to test on my trip. In the interest of testing, I'll be trying them all. I promise if I end up with extra FP's that I can't use, I'll give them to a family that I see approaching the dreaded standby line. Deal? :thumbsup2 I do that all the time anyway, so this will be nothing new!

But my guess is there are plenty of people who will do it, even if it's wrong.

Wrong or not, I don't think it will impact your trip in terms of getting fastpasses like you normally would.

But.....it will impact your trip if you are constantly looking for those double/triple dippers at the fastpass kiosks. It will probably bother you and cause you to not have a good time.

Relax and enjoy your vacation! :goodvibes

For the most part ppl wearing gray bands are clueless and aren't even using them as the test intended. Even a solid bit of the ppl wearing color bands have no clue. They managed to get as far as ordering the color bands but that's it. These ppl are touring as normal and hopefully remembering to setup FP+ times and use them. They are definitely not double or triple dipping.

And yet, someone like me, who would not only fully test every aspect of the system but document it, can't get one :)

Sadly, Mickey is sending me home today so I can go back to work to make more money to give him. I love my Magic Band. I had no issues!!! Loved the FP+ touch point at HM!! It was very clever. From what I have seen and heard it almost appears that those who set everything up from home had very few, if any, problems. I used it for my FP+, my room key, my ticket media (AP holder) and to pay at stores and restaurants. I did not attempt to double dip as I did not need additional FPs.

Sadly, Mickey is sending me home today so I can go back to work to make more money to give him. I love my Magic Band. I had no issues!!! Loved the FP+ touch point at HM!! It was very clever. From what I have seen and heard it almost appears that those who set everything up from home had very few, if any, problems. I used it for my FP+, my room key, my ticket media (AP holder) and to pay at stores and restaurants. I did not attempt to double dip as I did not need additional FPs.

Glad you had a great experience! :goodvibes

Now that the August test has been up and running for more then a week, I'm hoping to hear back from August testers from Canada.

Did you get the customized bands that you ordered when you checked in?

My DS has been in the parks all week (age 18) with his friend. They are staying at POP and are testing the Magic Bands. Both were very excited for this trip (all alone...no parents or siblings) as their HS graduation gift. Both have been to WDW over 10 times in the past.

They LOVE the FP+, BUT only because they can use regular FP. From what I am hearing from them:

1. They both "lost" the magic band once. DS it popped off on a ride and he picked it up. His friend, completely lost and had to go to Guest Services at MK to get it replaced. Took about 15 minutes to replace it. They gave them two anytime FP's and they have had no problems with it since then. *Don't ask me how they lost them. I can only imagine.

2. They sleep later, something they would not have done without FP +. Get to the parks armed with three FP+ centered around the park that they have ADR's for dinner. Their FP+ is mainly RnR, ToT, EE, Soarin', TT, SM, SPLM....you get the idea. No character meet and greets or parade viewing spots.

3. At their arrival, they also use FP- to get multiple rides (headliners) for times that fit in.

They have both expressed that they would not LIKE the system if they could not get regular FP as well.

Just pointing out the experience from adult teens.

My DS has been in the parks all week (age 18) with his friend. They are staying at POP and are testing the Magic Bands. Both were very excited for this trip (all alone...no parents or siblings) as their HS graduation gift. Both have been to WDW over 10 times in the past.

They LOVE the FP+, BUT only because they can use regular FP. From what I am hearing from them:

1. They both "lost" the magic band once. DS it popped off on a ride and he picked it up. His friend, completely lost and had to go to Guest Services at MK to get it replaced. Took about 15 minutes to replace it. They gave them two anytime FP's and they have had no problems with it since then. *Don't ask me how they lost them. I can only imagine.

2. They sleep later, something they would not have done without FP +. Get to the parks armed with three FP+ centered around the park that they have ADR's for dinner. Their FP+ is mainly RnR, ToT, EE, Soarin', TT, SM, SPLM....you get the idea. No character meet and greets or parade viewing spots.

3. At their arrival, they also use FP- to get multiple rides (headliners) for times that fit in.

They have both expressed that they would not LIKE the system if they could not get regular FP as well.

Thanks for the information. We will be testing next week. Good to know how they liked it.

I hope that they will include this important aspect in their follow up about the system afterwards. :)

I think I remember reading somewhere that this test is for room only reservations, or am I totally nuts on that one? We are staying at Pop, arriving 8/26. As of right now we have a passholder room only reservation, but are thinking about adding the dining plan, but I don't want it to jeopardize being a part of the test group (we already received our magic bands and made FP+ reservations... Anyone know? (Sorry if this has been asked, I tried to search but came up with nothing)

Similar to the above... I have a question about adding a room only at the end of Aug... to carry over into our Sept. trip.

We are currently booked at POR 9/2 thru 9/8 (Free Dining, upgraded to DLX, 6 day tix + hoppers). Everything/everyone is linked in MDE already. So far, we are obviously not included in the MB test group.

If I were to add 2 days at POP (8/31 & 9/1) do you think that would increase our chances of being able to participate in MB testing?

And if that does happen, would we be able to make FP+ selections for the entire length of our stay? I think the answer is *yes* since I know they are reuseable, and we would have valid park admission for the entire length..

I've read all the threads, but it seems there is conflicting info.. which is expected since this is a *beta" test still..

Thanks for your help!

I think I remember reading somewhere that this test is for room only reservations, or am I totally nuts on that one? We are staying at Pop, arriving 8/26. As of right now we have a passholder room only reservation, but are thinking about adding the dining plan, but I don't want it to jeopardize being a part of the test group (we already received our magic bands and made FP+ reservations... Anyone know? (Sorry if this has been asked, I tried to search but came up with nothing)

We had RO but added the dining plan but nothing changed. Pretty much everyone they can rope into using the bands is a the tester group. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter