Magic Bands info for the new test dates in August

KELLY

DIS Veteran
I started a new thread just because I didn't want this to get lost and didn't feel like posting in 5 sections.

I just got off the phone with IT.
I didn't get a email. But yesterday was allowed to do the Fp + and customize my bands. One reservation was completely fine. But my package was saying the kids weren't eligible for magic bands. I guessed yesterday it was because my kids tickets even though were part of my package just never showed up on the DME sight. So later yesterday afternoon after doing all the magic bands and fp pluses there tickets finally showed up. So I called IT and they told me the kids were getting gray band even though on my screen they were getting colored ones. So she told me to re customize the kids ones. Because it wouldn't allow her to do it on her end. So I did that and she checked and both of the kids were now getting the color they choose.

In the end I got no email and yes I will be getting magic bands. Just thought I would let everyone know. It is real.

Also yesterday I had no fantasmic nothing on my fp plus page today there was more to choose from. So if you did do it yesterday you may want to check for more options.:)

Update My magic bands have shipped for both reservations. Also when going back in to change up somethings I was able to pull 4 FP for both my MK days. I got the POTC that everyone else has been getting. I then swapped them out.

Test resorts are AKL, Contemporary, Yacht and Pop.

my package was saying the kids weren't edible for magic bands.

I guess that's ONE good thing.

You'd hate to think you'd have to feed your kids to the MagicBands. ;)

I started a new thread just because I didn't want this to get lost and didn't feel like posting in 5 sections.

I just got off the phone with IT.
I didn't get a email. But yesterday was allowed to do the Fp + and customize my bands. One reservation was completely fine. But my package was saying the kids weren't edible for magic bands. I guessed yesterday it was because my kids tickets even though were part of my package just never showed up on the DME sight. So later yesterday afternoon after doing all the magic bands and fp pluses there tickets finally showed up. So I called IT and they told me the kids were getting gray band even though on my screen they were getting colored ones. So she told me to re customize the kids ones. Because it wouldn't allow her to do it on her end. So I did that and she checked and both of the kids were now getting the color they choose.

In the end I got no email and yes I will be getting magic bands. Just thought I would let everyone know. It is real.

Also yesterday I had no fantasmic nothing on my fp plus page today there was more to choose from. So if you did do it yesterday you may want to check for more options.:)

Thank you for the confirmation. I knew it seemed way too solid to be a goof. I also noticed that Fantasmic caused some issues yesterday. It was available to me, but when I selected it, it gave me some message about "Some of the options you selected are not available, we've replaced them with other options you might like" or something of that nature, but they were all still the same, and I was able to select Fantasmic.

Wishes, however, only showed up as an option for me on one of my Magic Kingdom days, so I may go back and re-do that.

But my question from the other thread remains (and perhaps it's been answered in one of the other mega-threads?) - what will FP+ at Fantasmic or Wishes get you? Reserved seating?

- what will FP+ at Fantasmic or Wishes get you? Reserved seating?

Fantasmic! has previously been tested.
It is reserved seating, similar to the Dining Pkg.

Wishes viewing is a reserved standing area in the Hub.

Fantasmic! has previously been tested.
It is reserved seating, similar to the Dining Pkg.

Wishes viewing is a reserved standing area in the Hub.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated!

Okay, glad you could go back and fix stuff. But I continue to insist that this stuff should not need fixing in the first place. This whole FP+ is too ambitious a project to be so lax about the code.

Yeah, I don't know why they don't allow you to just choose the times right from the get-go. The way it is now, I had to select my three attractions, then select one of the 4 pre-selected groupings of times, then go back in to each one individually and set the times for them that I wanted. This was the only way I could get my FP+ times to line up with another groups' times that I'll be with.

I have a reservation # but no tickets yet Is this why it is not letting me customize bands or select fast passes?

Yeah, I don't know why they don't allow you to just choose the times right from the get-go.

How else are they going to get people to take the less desirable times?

And only the man behind the curtain knows which times they prefer to have people in certain areas of the parks.

Yeah, I don't know why they don't allow you to just choose the times right from the get-go. The way it is now, I had to select my three attractions, then select one of the 4 pre-selected groupings of times, then go back in to each one individually and set the times for them that I wanted. This was the only way I could get my FP+ times to line up with another groups' times that I'll be with.

Ooh, I didn't know you could do that! I didn't like any of the options it gave me. We plan on getting to the parks at RD, eating lunch around 11, taking a break, and then returning after dinner, and all of my FP were between 11 and 4, or really late in the evening.

I have a reservation # but no tickets yet Is this why it is not letting me customize bands or select fast passes?

Yes. Plus the testing is only for certain resorts AKL, POP, Yacht and Contemporary.

I must not be eligible for magic bands...when u click on manage magic bands I don't get any options...no idea if I can even get them for my September trip. Wondering since I used a travel agent if she would have to do it for me. I really want them for the trip!!

I must not be eligible for magic bands...when u click on manage magic bands I don't get any options...no idea if I can even get them for my September trip. Wondering since I used a travel agent if she would have to do it for me. I really want them for the trip!!

This is for only August.

Ooh, I didn't know you could do that! I didn't like any of the options it gave me. We plan on getting to the parks at RD, eating lunch around 11, taking a break, and then returning after dinner, and all of my FP were between 11 and 4, or really late in the evening.

I am doing the same thing, so I went back in and reset each one individually and picked times in the evening after we were returning to the park. I'm not worried about stuff before noon as I can do that without FP.

One question though - assuming we can double dip with both FP+ and FP-, how do you get FP- with the magic bands? Do the FP- dispensers accept magic bands?

I am wondering the same thing, I to booked with a TA and my trip is in november. So I am wondering if they do roll it out for my dates if my TA will have to do it for me. I sure hope I can just do it myself! :confused3

Maybe I'll just have to wait until a little closer to my trip to find out. I just sent my TA a message asking her if she knows anything about the magic bands for our trip.

Well I am eligible for this too. Not sure if it is a good or bad thing. Ugh.:worried: We are staying at the Yacht. I went in and selected my colors for the magic bands for my family, but have yet to select any FP+ items.

All the times are after lunch, or in the evening. I just want to know if we will be able to double dip. If not, not real sure I will want to go the FP+ route. We too will arrive very early, stay till around 1:00, leave come back around 8. I need to know, will I be able to double dip or not?:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter