Magic Bands info for the new test dates in August

Question - this may have been asked before so I apologize if this is a repeat but....

If we have magic bands and use FP+, assuming we can still use the old FP system, what do we put in the FP machine to get a paper FP? Will we still get KTTW cards on top of our magic bands??

yes, you will get the KTTW cards as backup and those cards are put into the paper FP machines.

Question - this may have been asked before so I apologize if this is a repeat but....

If we have magic bands and use FP+, assuming we can still use the old FP system, what do we put in the FP machine to get a paper FP? Will we still get KTTW cards on top of our magic bands??

Yes, you will get KTTW cards.

I think if your tickets are part of a package, they will be pre-"loaded" on the KTTW cards. I think you can have them separated to independent tickets at a park Guest Services. We had paper tickets from Undercover Tourist and converted (and upgraded) them to RFID tickets at AK Guest Services.

Hmmm. I wish I had tried using one of our associated park tickets to open the room door at AKL! Has anybody with MB/RFID tickets/KTTW cards tried this?

We had paper tickets from Undercover Tourist and converted (and upgraded) them to RFID tickets at AK Guest Services.

Just curious...did you get the bridged ticket price even after you converted your tickets to RFID? Did you convert and upgrade your tickets at the same time, or convert first and then upgrade?

Just curious...did you get the bridged ticket price even after you converted your tickets to RFID? Did you convert and upgrade your tickets at the same time, or convert first and then upgrade?

Well, we did it one fell swoop but I honestly don't remember if the CM converted the paper to RFID before upgrade. I think there were some extra RFID tickets involved but at least one of those was because the first time she issued my AP, it wasn't on an AP-labelled ticket.

Yes, the bridging worked perfectly. Claudia knew exactly what she was doing and she was great! (In the past, we had a CM who saw the bridging numbers and was shocked and a bit confused and asked a lead for help. But that involved 7-for-4 deal non-expiring tickets and a friend-saver discount on the AP. I think the APs at the time were about $500 and they ended up costing us less than $350, I think.)

There were three separate transactions, though: one for my upgrade to AP, one for my wife and daughter's upgrade to 10-day PHs, and one for my TIW card.

I asked this on the September thread and they suggested coming here to see if there might be an answer.

I have two sets of Magic Bands - one for my one night AKV stay and one for my six night AoA stay. We are planning on using a multi day ticket on the checkout day of AKV, which is also the checkin day of AoA. Are my tickets then linked to the AKV stay Magic Bands? How will I/Disney be able to change those tickets to the AoA Magic Bands? Is it a simple click of a button on MDE or at Guest Services?

Call IT. I would think you should be able to link your ticket to your new band. But like I said call IT. They are very nice and I have always been able to get through quickly!

I asked this on the September thread and they suggested coming here to see if there might be an answer.

I have two sets of Magic Bands - one for my one night AKV stay and one for my six night AoA stay. We are planning on using a multi day ticket on the checkout day of AKV, which is also the checkin day of AoA. Are my tickets then linked to the AKV stay Magic Bands? How will I/Disney be able to change those tickets to the AoA Magic Bands? Is it a simple click of a button on MDE or at Guest Services?

Have you done any linking of your reservations in MDE?

It's possible that both of your assigned Magicbands will end up having the same identifier code (in other words, they'll both be virtually the same and both have the same code number embedded in them). If so, it wouldn't matter which band you use.

If each band represents a different code, then the tickets should be linked to whatever reservation you booked the tickets with. If you booked your AoA room with the tickets (or the tickets are already linked to that stay), then your AoA band would be the one that would be usable at the entry turnstiles (regardless of when you use it).

In the end you may have to call Disney or inquire at Guest Services or the front desk to sort out which band has what assigned to it.

Have you done any linking of your reservations in MDE?

It's possible that both of your assigned Magicbands will end up having the same identifier code (in other words, they'll both be virtually the same and both have the same code number embedded in them). If so, it wouldn't matter which band you use.

If each band represents a different code, then the tickets should be linked to whatever reservation you booked the tickets with. If you booked your AoA room with the tickets (or the tickets are already linked to that stay), then your AoA band would be the one that would be usable at the entry turnstiles (regardless of when you use it).

In the end you may have to call Disney or inquire at Guest Services or the front desk to sort out which band has what assigned to it.
Everything is linked on MDE.

Both reservations are RO, tickets bought elsewhere and were linked about a month ago. Each ticket is assigned to the proper person. Both reservations have different MB numbers/codes.

Is there a way to attach the ticket to the proper (AoA) Magic Band? If the Magic Bands are already considered active, then without even checking into AoA I should be able to use that resort specific band and pack up the AKV Magic Bands.

Everything is linked on MDE.

Both reservations are RO, tickets bought elsewhere and were linked about a month ago. Each ticket is assigned to the proper person. Both reservations have different MB numbers/codes.

Is there a way to attach the ticket to the proper (AoA) Magic Band? If the Magic Bands are already considered active, then without even checking into AoA I should be able to use that resort specific band and pack up the AKV Magic Bands.

The Magicband simply identifies you as you (or more precisely, identifies you based on your account). The band itself isn't actually linked to a ticket, it's simply a code number that tells the computer system, "Hi, my name is ______." The computer system then "looks you up" to see what entitlements you have built into your account - tickets, FP+ reservations, etc.

Because of this, it's quite likely that your Magicbands (even though they are different) will both point to "you," and it won't matter which one you use to enter the park. Since both will be tied to your MDE account, which already has your tickets linked, both bands will tell the RFID scanner to look for the same account info.

This is just my guess, though. You'd probably have to check with Disney IT to confirm.

Hoping some August testers might help clarify what to do in my situation!

I have a split stay trip coming up at the end of Sept. Our first 3 nights will be at POFQ, and our last night will be at AoA. We were able to order Magicbands on MDE because of the AoA stay (RO, no FP+ offered) - however, POFQ has not been included in the test and I am worried we will only be able to utilize the bands starting on our last night? I called and spoke with someone at Disney and he told me he THINKS it should be active for purchases and room entry, just not FP+. But surely it would have to have info on our first reservation at POFQ to let us in our room, honor our free dining credits, etc. The guy I spoke to was nice but kept encouraging me to move to POR to do the test, even after I clarified we are doing free dining and can't move.

Anyone else have split stay issues with this test? Were you only able to use your band during that resort's stay?

hello everyone, so I see some people saying they have magic bands for AoA is this for LM rooms or the suites also, and when are you checking in. I have reservations for 8/29-9/2 but don't see anything on my disney experience. so was wondering?

hello everyone, so I see some people saying they have magic bands for AoA is this for LM rooms or the suites also, and when are you checking in. I have reservations for 8/29-9/2 but don't see anything on my disney experience. so was wondering?

AOA is not part of the Aug test so you wouldn't see anything.

The Magicband simply identifies you as you (or more precisely, identifies you based on your account). The band itself isn't actually linked to a ticket, it's simply a code number that tells the computer system, "Hi, my name is ______." The computer system then "looks you up" to see what entitlements you have built into your account - tickets, FP+ reservations, etc.

Because of this, it's quite likely that your Magicbands (even though they are different) will both point to "you," and it won't matter which one you use to enter the park. Since both will be tied to your MDE account, which already has your tickets linked, both bands will tell the RFID scanner to look for the same account info.

This is just my guess, though. You'd probably have to check with Disney IT to confirm.
That makese sense - it's linked to my personal profile. :-) It's the two sets of bands that seem to be throwing me off. I just don't see the need for two KWIM? I'm assuming that each will be attached to each room I stay in since I'm receiving two.

Ah, the joys of being a test subject. LOL

I checked in at AKL today and they seem to be offering the bands to everyone at checkin. We already had ours but I see a lot of people with the gray ones now. We have used ours to get in the room and pay for stuff so far. Works great! Will test the fast pass part later

This is absolutely correct. In fact if you look in the MagicBand FAQ on the app it tells you that if you have two active bands they will both link to all the entitlements on your MDE account. I guess you could accrue a few and change colors whenever you want!

For those of you with fastpasses at the end of August, did you always see wishes available or did it POP up at a later time....

Ok, so if I stay at Pop for 4 nights with a package (9 day tickets) but then move to WL on day 5 for 4 more nights room only. Can I transfer my magic band over to WL and will I have FP+ for the last 4 days of my stay?

For those of you with fastpasses at the end of August, did you always see wishes available or did it POP up at a later time....

I was able to book wishes for Aug. 25th, but my sister who is on a separate reservation was not able to book wishes on this date. I've tried a few times for her, but it's just not available for her. We don't know why. :confused3

Disneylover99 said:
I was able to book wishes for Aug. 25th, but my sister who is on a separate reservation was not able to book wishes on this date. I've tried a few times for her, but it's just not available for her. We don't know why. :confused3

Hhhmmm are you staying @ the same hotel? Maybe it has something to do with that??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter