Living With the Land - Am I missing something?

My kids were 8, 7, and 5 on their first trip. They loved this ride and would be incredulous if I suggested we skip it this time when they're 15, 14, and 11. Same with SE.
Of course, I'd never skip it. I love it! I love the weather section, the tanks, the greenhouse, etc. It's like a mini-break from the energy in the park, too, so I always feel rejuvenated afterwards. When I go with someone for their first trip, I always make time for it and SE. Mom and I took the Behind the Seeds tour, as well, and really enjoyed it.

I recently gave my kids (DS13 and DS11) a little survey, under the guise of "if I was to plan a surprise trip, what are your must-do things." They don't know we are going at the end of August so it was a way to make sure I wasn't missing anything. They enjoy absolutely everything at Epcot (except FEA) but Test Track and Living with the Land were their only "my trip is ruined if we miss it" attractions. Our whole family loves it!

My DS12 wanted to rope drop Living with the Land and then hit Test Track. He reluctantly accepted that this was a poor strategy.

Is there anything better than The Land pavilion? Living with the Land is an Epcot must do!

Just make believe, you're a tiny little seed,
a tiny little seed that's reaching up to meet your need.
With the right amount of faith, and the right amount of earth,
you'll grow to see the sunshine on your day of birth.

It's a must do ride for us. I always sing the song in my head, or out loud!

Let's listen to the land we all love, nature's plan will shine above,
Listen to the land, listen to the land!

We ride Living With the Land every time we visit Disney, and to be honest, almost every time we visit Epcot, which is usually at least 4 times during our trip. Needless to say, it is a must do for us. No, it is not like riding Test Track, but not everything needs to be Test Track. It is relaxing, interesting, and informative much like most of Epcot used to be.

I actually prefer LWTL to TT. I basically live TT every day here :P . None of you know my husband, but man, I swear they monitored his driving for the ride simulation!! 😂 We actually don't plan to ride TT unless we are allll out of things to do.

I actually prefer LWTL to TT. I basically live TT every day here :P . None of you know my husband, but man, I swear they monitored his driving for the ride simulation!! 😂 We actually don't plan to ride TT unless we are allll out of things to do.
It is not a whole lot unlike the 18 hour drive from NY to FL lol.

Please don't feel the need to explain why I like the ride, I can explain for myself. ;)

Did you go to Epcot in it's early years? This is an original ride (different name). It's not great because it has a row of squash shaped like Mickey. :rotfl:

For some of us the ride represents how imaginative, entertaining but at the same time educational Epcot used to be. There were no other parks like that at the time, it was an amazing experience as a child (for me anyways).
It's really hard to put into words if you weren't lucky enough to have been there in the beginning of it all.
The great rides (Horizons, World of Motion) are long gone, but LWTL and SE still stand and let's hope it stays that way.

I have no problems that people don't like it, I get it - especially if you have no nostalgic ties to the ride. Hey, I don't like Carousel of Progress!
Spring Break 2015 has been my only trip. We are returning to WDW June 2020 because of SWGE and adding in the Uni's this time now that the kids are older.

I grew up on PBS, loving new tech and frequently going to museums as a kid so I would have loved to have seen Walt's version.

I agree both LWTL and SE are unique & pleasant educational rides. However, right now as a theme park EPCOT is a mess and its been that way for years an will still be for years.

I knew my comments would make most on here grumpy at me and that is why I apologized before I said anything. However, my post was for the OP who seemingly is going for their first time in 2019+ and they, like me, are not someone who will have any childhood nostalgia of what EPCOT was 20 or 30 years ago as most on here remember it so fondly.

If you aren't into gardening or horticulture or growing stuff, you won't like it. If you enjoy seeing different methods of raising food sources, you'll enjoy it. We enjoy the ride because it is calm and relaxing, plus our son is a horticulturist and landscape architect. It's not thrilling in the least. Just pleasant.
I am not into gardening and I have a black thumb, but I love this ride. I find the message important, and I love cruising slowly through the greenhouses. It is also a pleasant break. I remember the first time I rode it in 1985. It had a song back then and all the methods of farming were new and so interesting.

Please don't feel the need to explain why I like the ride, I can explain for myself. ;)

Did you go to Epcot in it's early years? This is an original ride (different name). It's not great because it has a row of squash shaped like Mickey. :rotfl:

For some of us the ride represents how imaginative, entertaining but at the same time educational Epcot used to be. There were no other parks like that at the time, it was an amazing experience as a child (for me anyways).
It's really hard to put into words if you weren't lucky enough to have been there in the beginning of it all.
The great rides (Horizons, World of Motion) are long gone, but LWTL and SE still stand and let's hope it stays that way.

I have no problems that people don't like it, I get it - especially if you have no nostalgic ties to the ride. Hey, I don't like Carousel of Progress!

I was right with you until that last sentence. ;)

It's tradition for us that it's always the first ride we do every trip! We always stay at the Yacht or Beach Club and make our arrival day an Epcot day. As soon as we go in, we head for the Land and do that first and then use our Soarin' FP :)

We love it, for many of the reasons already mentioned, but also because we get to see Garden Grill from the ride's view, and also because of the water smell. My husband loves that Disney water ride smell, and is always taking deep inhalations every time we ride this.

To me it's similar to the people mover at magic kingdom, which I also love. It's a nice relaxing ride, which won't take a lot of wait time out of your day. In the Disney world of racing from fastpass to dining reservation to long waits for attractions, it's something I think give us a moment to restore our energy. I do find it interesting as I love gardening so it isn't just an air conditioned break for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter