LAST CALL for the 10/18/03 Eastern Magic Cruise!

Hi Alex,
As far as I understand, the lime green thing started a long time ago with DISers. They'd wear a ribbon or some other lime green token so that when you were in port or wherever, you could go...'psst, hey are you one of those DIS people"...LOL. I guess it's just grown into larger expression of lime green...ribbons to hats to shirts to full ensembles. LOL ::yes:: ::yes:: Oh, and we're leaving from Dulles Saturday morning...we live in Manassas. :)

I actually couldn't find anything lime that I wanted to wear, so I'm going to home depot tonight and picking up some of the lime green Mickey paint chips from the Disney paint collection, cutting them, laminating them, and using them as tags on our carryons. Figure that would do. :)

But I've been told by some very reliable sources that we won't be shunned or ostracised for not wearing lime green.

2 more days...cause this ones over as far as I'm concerned...but before I go, I have to vent a bit....so indulge me please.

The DH of the other couple coming with us, procrastinated about getting his birth certificate, which we can all agree is a very important piece of documentation to have ready prior to cruising. Well, his DW and I got tired of waiting and ordered a copy for him, it was Fed Exed, but no one was home to sign for it, so he said he would go by and pick it up. Needless to say, he waited so long to go pick it up, they returned it to sender. AARrgghhh.... So now, 3 days before we leave, we have to cross our fingers and hope it gets here by regular mail, which Vital Records sent it in after receiving the returned Fed Ex package. They said it should arrive tomorrow...I told him that if it's not here tomorrow, he'd better drive the 2 - 3 hours to Richmond, VA to pick it up personally or we'll be waving to him from the ship while he stays and camps out at the port. :mad: :headache: And my poor friend is so upset because this is suppose to be the honeymoon they didn't get when they got married 2 years ago.

So when you meet us, we may be missing one of our party. :(

Thanks for letting me vent.

:eek: I' m sure he will get it in time. At least for his sake I hope it comes in time, or they may not be seeing their 3rd anniversary!!!!;)

Well, could not nap because I am way too excited:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: !!!!

I hope to finish 95% of the packing tonight. Every trip we go on I am packing until at least 1-2 am in the morning. I am vowing to not let that happen. I guess we shall see!!!

What is the earliest time we are allowed to get off the boat on Sat? Not that I am looking fwd to that, just can't remember and DH asked. I remember there being an emergency phone number for the boat and I can not find it anywhere. Does anyone have that?

I could not find anything lime green, so my daughter will represent us:teeth:

Dana, having worked as a Municipal Clerk and issuing birth certificates for many years, I can understand your frustration. Some people always will wait for the last minute to get their certificates, while others will have numerous copies on hand from the time they were born. I of course am one of the latter.

But on a happier note, one more day down, and in my case two more to go, well really one and a half, because we will be leaving home at 2PM on Friday.

See you all soon, or at least all of you with proper ID.

Les thinks to self......." Whew! One day closer!(quivers with excitement)Now, if I can just make it through Thursday,that would be wonderful! Friday morning wont be here soon enough!"

Oh ! Hi everyone....I was caught up in the moment ! Sorry !
Haven't slept very well these last 3 nights, so I'm off to bed early tonight ! Just wanted to drop a quick hello, and see if anyone wanted one of the lime colored hats.....Guess not ! You still have time to reply ! I'll check back first thing tomorrow!
G'night all ! Try to sleep ! Les

Thanks to all who sent such kind words during our time of grief. I have never met any of you, but your kindness makes me feel like I already know you!

This will probably be my last post. Even as I type, DH is busy packing. (Tchrmom looks at hubby lovingly!) DH is off tomorrow. I will teach tomorrow, and then we will head to S. FL as soon as school is over. The service will be Friday AM, and then we will leave for the port Friday afternoon.

DD and I treated ourselves to a manicure/pedicure this evening, so we are all "neat and pretty".

Be careful to all who are driving!
Safe landings to those who are flying!:wave:

Look for use at the front of the line in lime green shirts!::yes::

Good Night!

Safe travels to Lindsay(dfkling) and Teachermom! Have a great trip and see you Saturday!!

Les-Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I had to work tonight (darn night classes!). Are these are baseball caps? If so, I'll take one. If you have room, you might what to bring a couple of extras. Who knows, you may start a fashion trend!

Good night all.

Thanks for the offer Les, but I think we will be ok....

Well, I feel ahead of the game with my packing. I reached my 95% packed goal :Pinkbounc

Well, off to bed. I am so tired, but I have not slept well either!

Good Night!!!

Good Morning:wave2:

I was the last post to say Good Night and the first to say Good Morning..... Where is everyone? Don't tell me you all lied to make me feel good and were all actually leaving before me ;)

I can't believe we actually leave tomorrow! I am off for my pedicure today and hope to get packing done by dinner, so I can relax....... Sent the dh to run some errands!

Thanks Les for the offer, but I'll be using the tags I made. :)

Rena - nope, didn't lie, still here, and will be till Sat AM.

I'm just about all packed. Went through my media cards last night and cleared all the pics from them so they would be totally empty for the trip. I want all the room I can get for all the pics I'll be taking. LOL

Let's see...today...work, chiropractor appt, any last minute shopping, final walk through on house to make sure I've packed everything, and strangle my friend if his birth certificate hasn't arrived yet....think that covers it for today. LOL

Still here, too. ;)

Just about to leave for nail, feet and hair appointments. That should keep me busy for today.::yes::

I packed my suitcase and DS suitcase last night sooooooooo
that means it's almost time to see the ::MickeyMo .

So excited :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I'm still here!

I still haven't put anything in the suitcases, but it's pretty much laid out. So, today, I need to pack!! I have a hair appointment too, so I'll be pretty busy as well.

We :boat: in two days!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

My husband and I will be taking our first Cruise. We are more than ready for our 2 magical weeks of Disney - Disney Crusie and then off to Disney for another week.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: - Are we there yet??

18 hours to go ! I think I can, I think I can !
Orlando for lunch, what a brillaint idea !
So excited now that I can't sleep, don't want to eat, and keep checking the board to see what everyone else is doing !
C'mon people ! Post away ! Gotta keep me busy !
Les

Les-Are you packed?? If you are, can you come over here and finish packing for me? I've got to go to work. That should keep you busy. :teeth:

I have never had so much fun preparing for a trip! It's a lot of fun seeing what everyone else is doing gearing up for this.
Thank you Dana and Snorgg for getting back to me on the whole t-shirt thing. In my travels through the house last night managed to find what seems to be lime green (almost anything looks lime green past midnight lately!) I can't wait to fall asleep to the rocking of the ship. My DH and I met when we were both working for Ringling Bros. Circus (he was a clown.) We traveled by train and falling asleep to that rocking, is to die for! We'll see how our DD will do, (not much sawdust in her viens yet) but just in case, we've got bonine.
I finished our packing last night with the exception of all the hanging stuff and am sitting by the door waiting to go! No, I have to teach tomorrow, off for a nail appt. w/DD and down the road to the airport. We are staying at a hotel near the airport in Orl. and shuttling back to the airport in the a.m. for the bus, if we (and this is wishful thinking) get the 1st shuttle to the port are we going to be twiddling our thumbs for a while? Or is it fun to twiddle your thumbs there?! :tongue:
I got a suggestion from a travel agent friend of mine yesterday regarding customs in St. Thomas, she suggested that we bring our marriage cert. along if we're using a birth cert. because it has my maiden name on it and it doesn't match my drivers license (a friend just got back from travelling and had a little trouble with hers. Just want to pass that along. Sorry this is so long, just a bit excited I think, Safe travelling everyone! See you the day after tomorow (God that sounds good!)
Alex

Just got back from getting nails, feet and hair done. So I'm ready now!:eek: Wish we were leaving today.

I had to stop a Kmart for a last minute item and happened to see a lime green t-shirt in my DS size on the clearance rack, so he and I will be wearing green, didn't find anything for my husband though. :smooth:

Pizza for dinner tonight, don't need to be making anything that leaves leftovers in the fridge.

One more day, just one more day:tongue:

Well, I think this is my final posting. I am not sure if I will get a chance to get back on later this evening. Thanks to all of you for making my time go faster!

I went and picked up lime green ribbon to tie to our luggage and got my pedicure where I just about fell asleep.

Looking fwd to seeing all of you on Sat! Safe travels to all of you.......

Les, I will keep an eye out for you in line. You will be the one falling asleep on the suitcases, famished, but with a smile on your face
:p

See ya!!!!!!

12 HOURS TO GO !!!!!
(Les ponders the thought)
Hmmmmmm, YIPPPPEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just slightly excited !
And everyone else ?

:bounce: Les :Pinkbounc

Hi everyone This is les's and louanne's son (12.75 yrs old)
I can't wait till the cruise (12 hours) oh yeah!!! ::yes::

See you all in Florida

Kevin

Well, since we are getting down to wire here, I would like to wish everyone safe and happy travels!

Just over 28 hours here before we board our plane. Seems so far away. Wish it were here already. :yo-yo:

Anyhow, I'll be around to post tomorrow, at least once, then that's it. We'll leave the rest of the posting to Dana. ;)

Can't wait to get on the :boat: and meet everyone!:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter