Just a Dream Away- The Imagineering Thread*Are you curious, imaginative, dedicated?

So can some intelligent member of this thread inform me as to whether anything has been done to Fantasyland? I know they are doing the whole expansion early next year, but I thought they were starting to work on things in Toontown already. Or has anything even been touched? TIA.

So can some intelligent member of this thread inform me as to whether anything has been done to Fantasyland? I know they are doing the whole expansion early next year, but I thought they were starting to work on things in Toontown already. Or has anything even been touched? TIA.

Well, Ariel's Grotto has been closed for a couple of months now, along with anything related to it, and they've demolished all of that.
Pooh's Playful Spot has also been closed and the tree has been moved to in front of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

There's a very large wall in Fantasyland covering that whole area, and that's where pretty much all of the FL construction is currently located.

Toontown is still open, I think.

There's a ton of tarps on Main Street, too, but that has more to do with the anniversary next year.

Well, Ariel's Grotto has been closed for a couple of months now, along with anything related to it, and they've demolished all of that.
Pooh's Playful Spot has also been closed and the tree has been moved to in front of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

There's a very large wall in Fantasyland covering that whole area, and that's where pretty much all of the FL construction is currently located.

Toontown is still open, I think.

There's a ton of tarps on Main Street, too, but that has more to do with the anniversary next year.

Okay.
So is Fantasyland actually closed off or is the wall just blocking off where the new expansion will be? The expansion has confused me, because I heard they were moving some things around. I know IASW was suppose to stay the same and Dumbo was moving and they were adding another.

I guess I'm basically asking if any of the rides in Fantasyland are closed? lol.

Okay.
So is Fantasyland actually closed off or is the wall just blocking off where the new expansion will be? The expansion has confused me, because I heard they were moving some things around. I know IASW was suppose to stay the same and Dumbo was moving and they were adding another.

I guess I'm basically asking if any of the rides in Fantasyland are closed? lol.

Nothing in Fantasyland is closed except Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's Playful Spot

So you want to be an Imagineer...
About 1,000 full-time Imagineers, representing 140 disciplines, combine talents to create Disney's Parks and Resorts. Our strength is in our diversity of backgrounds and experience and our ability to jell into teams. No matter what the project, everyone agrees that the ultimate goal is the smiles or high fives, the oohs or aahs or tears or giggles of our Guests. Below are some qualities that Imagineers identified as key to their colleagues' success (and their own).

Invite in many perspectives. Collaborate. Never forget your passion--what made it great for you the first time you visited a Disney Park. Be an expert, a master in your field, and be a generalist. Nurture your desire to learn constantly. Be creative, be practical, be patient, be crazy. Have overwhelming talent and energy. Be able to blend ideas. Be fearless, be a risk-taker; gambles pay off. Be a good communicator--know your audience, know your peers. Go outside your area of expertise. Be curious. Be a great integrator of thoughts. Be able to work alone as well as in a group. Be open to new things, and learn from the past.

There are unlimited possibilities here. The next great Imagineer could be you.

This is what I did at 2 AM last night.. semi-relevant to the thread
tumblr_l4id1aIjOE1qaabyno1_1280.png

That's brilliant. Did you do it from memory, or did you have a picture in front of you.

It's a pretty impressive copy. I wish I could draw like that...

I want to get better at drawing. To do that sort of thing is just being able to translate real life images into shapes.

So you want to be an Imagineer...
About 1,000 full-time Imagineers, representing 140 disciplines, combine talents to create Disney's Parks and Resorts. Our strength is in our diversity of backgrounds and experience and our ability to jell into teams. No matter what the project, everyone agrees that the ultimate goal is the smiles or high fives, the oohs or aahs or tears or giggles of our Guests. Below are some qualities that Imagineers identified as key to their colleagues' success (and their own).

Invite in many perspectives. Collaborate. Never forget your passion--what made it great for you the first time you visited a Disney Park. Be an expert, a master in your field, and be a generalist. Nurture your desire to learn constantly. Be creative, be practical, be patient, be crazy. Have overwhelming talent and energy. Be able to blend ideas. Be fearless, be a risk-taker; gambles pay off. Be a good communicator--know your audience, know your peers. Go outside your area of expertise. Be curious. Be a great integrator of thoughts. Be able to work alone as well as in a group. Be open to new things, and learn from the past.

There are unlimited possibilities here. The next great Imagineer could be you.

LOVE!!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc

Blue sky is the only type Imagineers believe in, at the start of a great idea the sky's the limit!

okay so know we're going off thread here but drawing is one of an Imagineers fields so here's my attempt of WDW castle which I drew for work in my final college project :
wdwcastle.jpg

Love yours meg :)

thanks, yours is way better, mines bad quality coz its scanned in and also had to rub all the sketch lines off as was coloring it in on photoshop so needed it clear

Hey, I'm wanting to become a concept artist for disney movie characters when I grow up (or any other job, I don't care as long I'm working for disney :goodvibes)

Anyway, I think it would be cool if they had the Kingdom Hearts characters in Disney World (they're part of the disney franchise, but I've never seen any Kingdom Hearts stuff anywhere :sad1:)

I have wanted to be an Imagineer since I was arouuundd, 9? Maybe, haha.
I want to be a Costume Designer, specifically.
I keep a mini sketch book and pencils on me at almost all times to sketch out designs :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter