Just a Dream Away- The Imagineering Thread*Are you curious, imaginative, dedicated?

They were going to adapt a musical from the cruise ship and replace Aladdin in DCA with it.

okay going back a bit here lol ...

So i've never been to Disneyland Resort so never seen the Aladdin show but the Toy Story musical from the Wonder[cruise] was really great... admittedly I don't think it would work in the park say like the Beauty and the Beast show has in DHS but it's good for the cruise performances... it was my least fav out of all three shows there but maybe now Toy Story 3 is coming out and a whole new generation is introduced to the characters it could work somehow :) :confused3

I believe they replaced the Toy Story Musical on the ships with a villains musical now, or maybe it was added and the TSM was kept. I don't know...

The Summer Nightastic fireworks better be on when i'm in WDW... They say it finishes on August 15th, but that's not the end of Summer! Hopefully they'll extend it to sometime in September.

I believe they replaced the Toy Story Musical on the ships with a villains musical now, or maybe it was added and the TSM was kept. I don't know...

The Summer Nightastic fireworks better be on when i'm in WDW... They say it finishes on August 15th, but that's not the end of Summer! Hopefully they'll extend it to sometime in September.
If it's popular enough, most likely.

After all, the YOAMD was two years instead of just one.

It seems to be popular, but I don't think it's gonna draw crowds away from Islands of Adventure. The more I see pictures of WWOHP, the more I wished I were going on our next trip.

okay going back a bit here lol ...

So i've never been to Disneyland Resort so never seen the Aladdin show but the Toy Story musical from the Wonder[cruise] was really great... admittedly I don't think it would work in the park say like the Beauty and the Beast show has in DHS but it's good for the cruise performances... it was my least fav out of all three shows there but maybe now Toy Story 3 is coming out and a whole new generation is introduced to the characters it could work somehow :) :confused3

The Aladdin show is really, really amazing.
There was a bit of an uproar amongst locals when they wanted to change it. It was all set to until about a month ago.
I've seen the Toy Story musical via youtube, and it really isn't that great in comparison. The costumes are well done, but the songs are very cheesy (The Claw)... it just wasn't a suitable replacement.

The Aladdin show was great. I remember loosing a tooth watching it. I DO remember the show besides that though.

Listening to Remember...Dreams Come True on DISRadio. I love it. I wish I could've seen it.

I just bought this:
61wLLys00dL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making MORE Magic Real

I'll write a review on it tomorrow when it comes, and I'll read the first one again tonight for comparison.

O-O
if you only own one Imagineering book in your lifetime... GET. THIS. BOOK.

The pictures are flippin' fantastic, and I haven't had a chance to read it yet... but omg.. I'm blown freakin' away.

It's got WDW FL expansion artwork (nothing we haven't seen), WoC artwork, a whole section on the Haunted Mansion redo, tons of stuff with TDS in it <3
Gah I love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter