Jussie Smollett's "Hate Crime"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think all of Twitter was behind him from the beginning. His story had a very "Susan Smith" vibe to it. If you don't remember her, she was the woman who said the "black man" hijacked her car with her babies in it. But of course it turned out there was no black man just like there was no (or it looks like there was no) men in red hats.

I disagree. No one questioned him from the start. As time went on, the details got hazy. And Susan Smith killed her children! I hardly think that is a fair comparison

I don't think all of Twitter was behind him from the beginning. His story had a very "Susan Smith" vibe to it. If you don't remember her, she was the woman who said the "black man" hijacked her car with her babies in it. But of course it turned out there was no black man just like there was no (or it looks like there was no) men in red hats.
:scratchin I don't know what it is because I'm certainly no psychic, but don't you just sometimes feel in your gut something is off when you see a "victim" being interviewed on tv? I remember when this incident was originally publicized and distinctly thinking to myself "I hope it doesn't turn out that he did it..." Horrifying and tragic but at least he has now been brought to justice.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chris-...-shanann-watts-live-updates-today-2018-11-19/

FTR, I am not implying the incident being discussing here is of the same magnitude as killing your children - not at all.

I disagree. No one questioned him from the start. As time went on, the details got hazy. And Susan Smith killed her children! I hardly think that is a fair comparison

I think it depends who you talked to. I considered it an unpopular opinion on the interwebs, but I thought his story was strange from the beginning.

And it is a fair comparison in the way that they made up a perpetrator and blamed it on a group of people. Obviously killing your children is worse. I do think if he made this up that he should face jail time for filing a fake police report.

I think it depends who you talked to. I considered it an unpopular opinion on the interwebs, but I thought his story was strange from the beginning.

And it is a fair comparison in the way that they made up a perpetrator and blamed it on a group of people. Obviously killing your children is worse. I do think if he made this up that he should face jail time for filing a fake police report.

It’s not. And I’m not alone in thinking that. How can you possibly compare the 2???

As to the "hate crime " question of quotations, in reporting, all crimes are reported as alleged until there is concrete evidence/proof/time for investigation otherwise. Even if preliminary information makes the cause seem obvious.

Last edited:

His story felt off. I'm pretty liberal, I tend to believe that crappy things happen to people all the time because of their race or sexual orientation. But sometimes you hear a story that just seems off. His story or at least the way the media talked about it, seemed weird.

There's a report this morning that Jusse insisted he have an interview on Good Morning America. Sounds like he went to them instead of them going to Jussie

When this story broke I also got the "Susan Smith vibe" from it. Or the Charles Stuart vibe. (Boston, late 80's). http://www.celebrateboston.com/crime/charles-stuart-murderer.htm

Just about everything about the story seemed seemed off.

Where did the MAGA hat bit come from? A disreputable website? As far as I can tell, neither Jussie nor his manager/representatives ever claimed attackers were wearing such hats. They claim "This is MAGA country" was shouted.

Don’t forget Tawana Brawley and the smeared poop. To this day I don’t believe Al Sharpton ever apologized.

They are calling this is the biggest hoax since tawana. If it’s true about Jussie. Read this when I google tawana Brawley.

Where did the MAGA hat bit come from? A disreputable website? As far as I can tell, neither Jussie nor his manager/representatives ever claimed attackers were wearing such hats. They claim "This is MAGA country" was shouted.

I thought it originated with TMZ, but could be wrong. I know it was all over Twitter and for sure reported on air by MSNBC. However, JS (and TMZ) later corrected it to shouts of, “this is MAGA country.”

The other part of MAGA is the letter mailed to the Empire set, which had MAGA written as the return address. This is under FBI investigation.

They are calling this is the biggest hoax since tawana. If it’s true about Jussie. Read this when I google tawana Brawley.

Which really points out how rare these kinds of hoaxes are, whereas real hate crimes happen all the time and are frequently underreported or ignored, particularly by some who appear positively giddy at the exposure of this apparent hoax.

Which really points out how rare these kinds of hoaxes are, whereas real hate crimes happen all the time and are frequently underreported or ignored, particularly by some who appear positively giddy at the exposure of this apparent hoax.
Perhaps rare in terms of an actual planned out hoax. But the media taking an incorrect narrative and running with it? Not rare at all. Just look back a couple weeks to the Covington Catholic story.

And I must have missed the giddy posts. Maybe they were deleted or something.

Who is giddy about this? I have seen one post on here about anyone actually happy that he was exposed as a fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter