Jussie Smollett's "Hate Crime"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't put an allegation of a hate crime in quotes and feign sincerity. I am at least willing to wait until the authorities make an official declaration of events before deciding who is in the wrong. Like I said, I don't know this guy or his work, and am least wiling to wait for an investigation to be completed before jumping on a victim's back. Until then, the very title you chose to use is inflammatory. I have seen lesser issues cut short on the DIS.
Yes, but not because of the actual topic or posts discussing the event/incident itself. Thread get locked when posters start jumping on one another, like you are doing here.

Yes, but not because of the actual topic or posts discussing the event/incident itself. Thread get locked when posters start jumping on one another, like you are doing here.
I stand by my statement. Putting air quotes on an allegation before the investigation is complete is inflammatory. When the facts have come out, judge away. This post and its air quotes have no place here. I hear 4chan is more than appropriate for that.

Hope this case is not fake because it only hurts other true cases and victims in the long run.

I really cannot understand this take. Why would people prefer to see an actual and terrible crime take place as opposed to some guy making it up? It seems perverse to wish that this guy actually suffer harm rather than being a pathetic liar.

I guess the only people who wish it true are of the “I told you so” mindset and are now angry that they can’t use that weapon. Of course, the new weapon of choice is the preemptive “anyone who disagrees with me wears a white sheet and pointy hat” trope.

I stand by my statement. Putting air quotes on an allegation before the investigation is complete is inflammatory. When the facts have come out, judge away. This post and its air quotes have no place here.

So let me give an example of how this goes down on The Dis all of the time.

Remember the parents that locked the kids in the house? Right out of the gates, there was a thread that was set up talking about how awful these parents are. They weren't found guilty of it at the time. But of course, everyone knew the parents are monsters and committed a crime. The thread still exists and rightly so.

So we now have another headline story. Jussie.

Many sources online and on television are reporting that Jussie fabricated his attack. It's safe to say Jussie is lying. Otherwise he is going to be a very rich man with all of his defamation law suits.

Also, people that call for threads to be closed, but only after they make sure their own opinion gets posted make me smile.

I sincerely hope that if he was attacked as he claims that the perps are caught and pay dearly for their crime.
I also sincerely hope if this is a hoax that the perp/perps are found out and pay dearly for their crime...

I really cannot understand this take. Why would people prefer to see an actual and terrible crime take place as opposed to some guy making it up? It seems perverse to wish that this guy actually suffer harm rather than being a pathetic liar.

I guess the only people who wish it true are of the “I told you so” mindset and are now angry that they can’t use that weapon. Of course, the new weapon of choice is the preemptive “anyone who disagrees with me wears a white sheet and pointy hat” trope.

Unfortunately it’s a cry wolf situation or 1 bad apple spoils a bunch. Since this is all out there it’s absolutely a no win scenario. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t. In a perfect world none of this would never happened. No crimes or even false allegations. Unfortunately as we all know too well we don’t live in a perfect world.

Make no mistake false allegations hinder future cases. A great example would be rape cases. There’s a warehouse with 20+ years of untested rape kits. With this being a so-called celebrity case, it will be remembered for life if proven false. With false allegations of a well known case, future cases/victims can have a sense of urgency, resources, compassion, seriousness loss with their individual case.

This is not a “would you rather” see an actual and terrible crime take place or a lair? This is now a case that has true consequences and repercussions if proven false.

If this was indeed some sort of hoax for publicity, it was a terrible idea, and he has destroyed his career, and he should face charges for the false report. If he was indeed attacked, it is horrible that it happened, and those responsible need to be punished to the full extent of the law.

However, the investigation is not fully complete yet, so it is premature to assume one way or the other. Right now, we need to wait and see.

As far as his phone, even if he was talking to someone at the time, why would they actually physically need his phone? I wouldn't want to turn my phone over to anyone, either. They generally auto lock, and you'd also have to give your unlock code, and there is a LOT of personal info on modern phones. An alternative, if they want to prove he was on it, would be to take screen shot of his recent calls OR go to the provider website and print out a list of calls and texts.

If this was indeed some sort of hoax for publicity, it was a terrible idea, and he has destroyed his career, and he should face charges for the false report. If he was indeed attacked, it is horrible that it happened, and those responsible need to be punished to the full extent of the law.

However, the investigation is not fully complete yet, so it is premature to assume one way or the other. Right now, we need to wait and see.

As far as his phone, even if he was talking to someone at the time, why would they actually physically need his phone? I wouldn't want to turn my phone over to anyone, either. They generally auto lock, and you'd also have to give your unlock code, and there is a LOT of personal info on modern phones. An alternative, if they want to prove he was on it, would be to take screen shot of his recent calls OR go to the provider website and print out a list of calls and texts.

He probably wanted to delete all the naked pictures of himself and others on his photos first. Like a lot of people now have. Not me of course

This whole story is bizarre. When it first happened, all of Twitter was behind him. Then the Chicago pd cannot find any footage of the alleged attack. Now more and more details come out and it seems he hired people to do this. He also said he was attacked yet he only had a small cut on his face. I have no idea what happened but the whole thing is weird.

This whole story is bizarre. When it first happened, all of Twitter was behind him. Then the Chicago pd cannot find any footage of the alleged attack. Now more and more details come out and it seems he hired people to do this. He also said he was attacked yet he only had a small cut on his face. I have no idea what happened but the whole thing is weird.

I don't think all of Twitter was behind him from the beginning. His story had a very "Susan Smith" vibe to it. If you don't remember her, she was the woman who said the "black man" hijacked her car with her babies in it. But of course it turned out there was no black man just like there was no (or it looks like there was no) men in red hats.

I don't think all of Twitter was behind him from the beginning. His story had a very "Susan Smith" vibe to it. If you don't remember her, she was the woman who said the "black man" hijacked her car with her babies in it. But of course it turned out there was no black man just like there was no (or it looks like there was no) men in red hats.

I remember that awful woman. Imagine being a black man that fit her false description? How terrifying!

She murdered her absolutely beautiful boys. How didn't she get the death penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter