Jussie Smollett's "Hate Crime"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said 'LIAR' before the reporter on TV finished giving the original story, right after this happened.
My husband can bear witness to that.
WOW...

So now there are those that have to actually 'fabricate' Hate Crimes to foment divisions and hatred towards the other side.
To very deliberately deceive.... (deception, which is evils only power)
Sounds a lot like the fabricated hate crimes alleged against innocent children who were just kids, being stupid kids, waiting for their bus during a school field trip.

NO, I am not 'giddy' over this kind of hatred and crime.
I will take immediate offense if anyone were to try to pin that on me.
This whole 'incident' is quite sickening.

Glad if justice is served... Yes, of course.
Glad to see the other side, and possibly the truth, come out.... Yes.

IMHO, this would be, a hate crime... slander... etc... to foment hate towards others, who may be different, or hold different beliefs.
To bear false witness and to possibly incriminate some, obviously, white individuals.
IF... disclaimer... IF all of this plays out like I have thought from the very beginning... yes, Jussie Smollett should be held accountable in a very real way.

PS: Not only is the very idea of what is being alleged hateful and misguided....
These people are just plain STOOPID.....
Any white, racist, MAGA yelling, people would absolutely NOT be roaming those streets of Chicago, in the middle of the night....
And then be so easily traced to the perperators, right where they live.
This whole thing was simply not credible from the get go.

Too many people seem to want to be able to benefit from always being a victim.

Last edited:
He got hit in the face by one attacker and then turned around and hit his attacker back in the face. Without dropping his Subway sandwich. He still had it in his hand when he returned to his apartment (seen on video).

That is what I found strange the whole time. Fight off 2 attackers, have bleach poured on you and a noose put around your neck, and your subway sandwich survives intact? Smelled fishy from the start.

I hope he goes to jail if this is indeed a fabricated claim. A precedent needs to be set to dissuade others from doing the same.

I said 'LIAR' before the reporter on TV finished giving the original story, right after this happened.
My husband can bear witness to that.
WOW...

So now there are those that have to actually 'fabricate' Hate Crimes to foment divisions and hatred towards the other side.
To very deliberately deceive.... (deception, which is evils only power)
Sounds a lot like the fabricated hate crimes alleged against innocent children who were just kids, being stupid kids, waiting for their bus during a school field trip.

NO, I am not 'giddy' over this kind of hatred and crime.
I will take immediate offense if anyone were to try to pin that on me.
This whole 'incident' is quite sickening.

Glad if justice is served... Yes, of course.
Glad to see the other side, and possibly the truth, come out.... Yes.

IMHO, this would be, a hate crime... slander... etc... to foment hate towards others, who may be different, or hold different beliefs.
To bear false witness and to possibly incriminate some, obviously, white individuals.
IF... disclaimer... IF all of this plays out like I have thought from the very beginning... yes, Jussie Smollett should be held accountable in a very real way.

PS: Not only is the very idea of what is being alleged hateful and misguided....
These people are just plain STOOPID.....
Any white, racist, MAGA yelling, people would absolutely NOT be roaming those streets of Chicago, in the middle of the night....
And then be so easily traced to the perperators, right where they live.
This whole thing was simply not credible from the get go.

Too many people seem to want to be able to benefit from always being a victim.

Have you never heard of bbq Becky or Permit Patty? They made no attempt to hide themselves.

That is what I found strange the whole time. Fight off 2 attackers, have bleach poured on you and a noose put around your neck, and your subway sandwich survives intact? Smelled fishy from the start.

I hope he goes to jail if this is indeed a fabricated claim. A precedent needs to be set to dissuade others from doing the same.

Maybe it was a really good sandwich?
Serious I hope he gets the maximum penalty and he had to pay back for all the wasted man hours. A hate crime gets you more time than the same crime not being a hate crime. There should be reporting a fake hate crime is worse than reporting a crime. Hope he gets fired from empire and his career goes way downhill. if in fact he made it up.

This story has absolutely nothing in common with, or to do with, those two lame clueless women, Becky and Patty.
Quite the opposite.
This wasn't a clueless person just caught letting their prejudices show.
This was a premeditated and hateful act. An alleged, serious, physical assault. An incident that was orchestrated in order to create and promote hatred and division on a national level.

Hatred is hatred.... no matter where it comes from.
Sometimes the people who allege hatred are actually the haters.

Maybe it was a really good sandwich?
Serious I hope he gets the maximum penalty and he had to pay back for all the wasted man hours. A hate crime gets you more time than the same crime not being a hate crime. There should be reporting a fake hate crime is worse than reporting a crime. Hope he gets fired from empire and his career goes way downhill. if in fact he made it up.

His character on Empire is being written out of the series. I suspect the whole thing was a publicity stunt to make him too popular to be written off. I'd never heard of him before the alleged incident. But now that it's backfired I doubt the series will keep him around. Instead he can spend his spare time in jail.

His character on Empire is being written out of the series. I suspect the whole thing was a publicity stunt to make him too popular to be written off. I'd never heard of him before the alleged incident. But now that it's backfired I doubt the series will keep him around. Instead he can spend his spare time in jail.
Not according to this.
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...jussie-smollett-was-being-written-off-empire/

In light of what's (most likely) gone on here, I wonder if he doesn't have major mental health issues which could cause him to difficult to work with. Perhaps the show will require him to get some help before returning?

As others have already pointed out, there are details in this story that have led some to question if the crime actually did occur. Fabricating a story like this (if that turns out to be the case) is just wrong and uncalled for. Hopefully it is not a publicity stunt.

FWIW- I don't watch the show and have no idea who the actor is.

Not according to this.
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...jussie-smollett-was-being-written-off-empire/

In light of what's (most likely) gone on here, I wonder if he doesn't have major mental health issues which could cause him to difficult to work with. Perhaps the show will require him to get some help before returning?
It could be a case of him believing that his character in the show was in danger of being eliminated.
And given the track record of a large number of celebrity types such as him it seems very likely that drugs and/or alcohol could have contributed to such delusions.
I've had many sad situations where I had to interact with individuals whose delusional beliefs were as real to them as waking up in the morning is to the rest of us and nothing on God's green earth could shake their belief in those delusions.
Behavior up to, and including, murder is in their mind justified to prevent the disaster that their mind has concocted.

As others have already pointed out, there are details in this story that have led some to question if the crime actually did occur. Fabricating a story like this (if that turns out to be the case) is just wrong and uncalled for. Hopefully it is not a publicity stunt.

FWIW- I don't watch the show and have no idea who the actor is.

If it's proven he staged the attack, he should absolutely be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.

Though something tells me he won't be. All the usual suspects (apologists) will come out and defend him.

It could be a case of him believing that his character in the show was in danger of being eliminated.
And given the track record of a large number of celebrity types such as him it seems very likely that drugs and/or alcohol could have contributed to such delusions.
I've had many sad situations where I had to interact with individuals whose delusional beliefs were as real to them as waking up in the morning is to the rest of us and nothing on God's green earth could shake their belief in those delusions.
Behavior up to, and including, murder is in their mind justified to prevent the disaster that their mind has concocted.
:scared1: to the bolded. I presume this form of crazy includes being completely obtuse to the possibility of being caught? I just can't get over why he would have thought he wouldn't be found out. Especially given his fame and all the incendiary "boxes" that were checked (racism, sexual identity, politics), he should have expected a very vigorous investigation with the intention of bringing his alleged attackers to justice. :sad2:

:scared1: to the bolded. I presume this form of crazy includes being completely obtuse to the possibility of being caught? I just can't get over why he would have thought he wouldn't be found out. Especially given his fame and all the incendiary "boxes" that were checked (racism, sexual identity, politics), he should have expected a very vigorous investigation with the intention of bringing his alleged attackers to justice. :sad2:
In my experience the thought of being "caught" never entered the persons mind.
Their sole goal was to put a stop to a situation that, although imaginary, in their mind was an impending disaster.

This makes me sad for actual, real victims of hate-crimes. Just how the whole Rolling Stone mag fake UVA rape story made me feel bad for real victims. It really hurts them bc going forward, those who are real victims face unnecessary credibility issues.

That's why Smollett needs to be prosecuted to discourage this type of behavior.

Have you never heard of bbq Becky or Permit Patty? They made no attempt to hide themselves.
Don't forget Golfcart Gail, Pool Patrol Paula, Door Woman Dina. Corner Store Caroline, Dormitory Diana, and countless others who didn't get a nickname.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/bbq-becky-golfcart-gail-list-unnecessary-911-calls/story?id=58584961

People falsely report things or report things not worth reporting all the time.

Remember the woman that falsely reported black men robbing her and carving a B on her face? Ashley Todd. Too bad for her she carved it herself in the mirror and the B was backwards. This kind of thing has been going on some time.

Last edited:
Jessie Smollett is the one who is intolerant and full of hate. I watched as TMZ broke the story and called BS on it immediately. It simply did not pass the smell test and sounded like a teenager's first attempt at a badly written screenplay. The story was full of holes and had so many unbelievable aspects to it. He wanted to be the victim and the hero, all at once. He probably wanted to increase his level of fame to boost his celebrity and benefit his career, but he also wanted to make people believe Trump supporters are to be feared and that they are the enemy.

He is disgusting. By crying wolf with his hoax, he has cheapened ACTUAL crimes of this sort. With every hoax and/or disproven story which was initially reported as the gospel truth, we become jaded. Worse, he didn't care that he might be putting real people at risk of a retaliatory attack or the loss of their reputation, job, etc. If two random White men had been caught on video near the Subway shop at the right time, it is likely their identities would have been revealed and they would have been in danger from people incensed about this "hate crime." But hey, who cares about that when you have an agenda?

When something is "off" to the extent his story was, of course people have trouble believing it. Anyone remember Balloon Boy? That story broke when several moms on my street were getting ready to sit outside and chat while our kids played. Within 10 minutes, I was outside and while my friends were upset about the story and worried about the poor child, I told them I didn't know where that boy was, but he was 100% NOT in that balloon because it was a hoax. And the sketchiness of the story hadn't even been exposed at that time. But it didn't pass my smell test. They were aghast at my skepticism, but I knew that story was complete BS. And it was.

I had the same immediate reaction to Susan Smith. Sometimes, no matter what the story is and how readily some people want to believe it, it simply stinks of a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!