Jet Blue Sunday Release Info

I flew Spirit for the 1st time this past February Boston to Fort Meyers. I was very anxious due to all the mixed reviews and I did a lot of research. I do believe a lot of the bad reviews out there (about the prices and the flight in general) are from people who maybe did not research. Are the seats small? Yes but I've sat in smaller seats on AA. I'm 5'9" and "plus sized", I'm solid and carry most of my weight in my butt (unfortunately!) and the seat was average width wise, it was just snug pitch wise (but not unbearable). I paid some extra money to have an aisle seat and I was able to put the armrest up.

Yes you have to pay for everything, even water but the prices for the snack boxes weren't more expensive than any other airline and obviously you can bring your own food and drink.

I paid to check a bag. The only thing I did NOT like about checking in (well aside from having to pay) is the weight limit. It's only 40 while I think Jetblue and most other airlines is 50. I am a terrible packer so this was a hard one for me but I just made it with 38 lbs. lol You can bring a free "personal item" and it has to fit into their test box at check in. It's bigger than it seems. I bought a duffle bag on Amazon that was designed to fit (there are tons of them. Also tons of youtube videos with packing tips), I had that thing packed to the gills and it was still smaller than the test box.

So it is what it is. If after all the fees, the price is a lot cheaper than any other airline, I would consider it. (depending on how long your flight is. if it's a longer one, it may not be ideal. Also, i don't think Spirit has the bonus of being able to check in for your departing flight at WDW hotels like other airlines). Unfortunately, for my trip, it's even more expensive than Jetblue which I didn't think was possible!
we used to pack 2 suitcases for a family of 4 for a 9 day trip, and each piece didnt weigh much I could do it with one checked suitcase or all 3 of us just the personal item. yes the prices right now are less than jetblue even paying for the seat assignments, and one checked piece. We dont mind taking a snack and drink on board, or checking ourselves in for the flights beforehand. I DO mind if they cancel and cant rebook us, that is my only reservation about trying Spirit, thanks for all helpful info!!!!

I just priced my trip april 19-28 on spirit airlines bare fare non stop and their price was actually more than my jetblue cost for these same dates. I was just curious about their fares. and I bought jetblue fare that includes one bag each
not the case for us for april 13-20th :( JB was over 1,800

I just priced my trip april 19-28 on spirit airlines bare fare non stop and their price was actually more than my jetblue cost for these same dates. I was just curious about their fares. and I bought jetblue fare that includes one bag each
Not totally surprising. Those aren't peak days for BOS to MCO. Spirit's prices are close to JetBlue's "normal" prices.

I still can't believe how much they are. Like I said, twice as much for peak days, sure. I would jump on it if it were $600 or 650. But $1200???? And I'm not picking on JetBlue; all the airlines I'm looking at have similar pricing. Except Spirit.

That's why I'm willing to travel 4 hours to Westchester NY! I'd have to work more than 4 hours to make up the difference in air prices monetarily. You lose a lot of the day when you fly anyway.

I started this years ago when prices were bad. I leave and arrive at different airports on each end and drive the rest of the way. I even checked the new Savannah Georgia Jetblue flights to see if they were decent. They weren't.

My son is also autistic and he only has one more year in his school before he ages out. Then we can go in September or January!

Got lucky and my tickets dropped last night..still more than I want to pay but only a little more than last year. Decided to book and so glad I did because this morning each ticket went up $80 pp, which is the highest price yet! Crazy.

That's why I'm willing to travel 4 hours to Westchester NY! I'd have to work more than 4 hours to make up the difference in air prices monetarily. You lose a lot of the day when you fly anyway.

I started this years ago when prices were bad. I leave and arrive at different airports on each end and drive the rest of the way. I even checked the new Savannah Georgia Jetblue flights to see if they were decent. They weren't.

My son is also autistic and he only has one more year in his school before he ages out. Then we can go in September or January!

Westchester is fantastic, as is Stewart nearby, unfortunately they've both even got some insane prices now in this latest release!

Westchester is fantastic, as is Stewart nearby, unfortunately they've both even got some insane prices now in this latest release!

You must be flying the first two weeks of April. I'm flying out the third week of April and that week is mostly $117, but it's insane in Massachusetts' airports. If you're from the NY area, you should fly out of Providence if you are traveling the first week of April- the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of April are $113!

Nice to hear about Westchester, thanks. Providence is nice too. I love TF Green!

You must be flying the first two weeks of April. I'm flying out the third week of April and that week is mostly $117, but it's insane in Massachusetts' airports. If you're from the NY area, you should fly out of Providence if you are traveling the first week of April- the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of April are $113!

Nice to hear about Westchester, thanks. Providence is nice too. I love TF Green!

Yea, April and February. My wife's a teacher so we travel these times every year and we always know we're gonna pay a little more cuz of school breaks. This year is significantly more than what we've paid in the past though. We'll see. Providence isn't a bad idea, although with a 6 month old idk that we wanna add that drive on top of the flight lol

That's why I'm willing to travel 4 hours to Westchester NY!
Wow those HPN prices are a LOT cheaper. Like, really what they should be in the first place. But 4 hour drive? I'll have to think about that.

Wow those HPN prices are a LOT cheaper. Like, really what they should be in the first place. But 4 hour drive? I'll have to think about that.
Well, I live way down the Cape. So if you're South shore or near Masspike /495 it would be much less.

BTW, Westchester is a great airport to fly out of. We kept our car at a nearby college and paid like $8/day and they have a shuttle that brings you right to the airport. The parking at the airport is iffy and much more expensive. It's a small airport and seems like the delays are uncommon.

Well, I live way down the Cape. So if you're South shore or near Masspike /495 it would be much less.
I'm in "Metro West", so around 3.5 hours. If it were just me, it would be a no-brainer. But with two little kids (<7), getting in the car and driving over 3 hours, after being in a plane for 3 hours, is a real big deal.

I'm in "Metro West", so around 3.5 hours. If it were just me, it would be a no-brainer. But with two little kids (<7), getting in the car and driving over 3 hours, after being in a plane for 3 hours, is a real big deal.

Yeah, I remember those days! I'm a lot less entangled now with adult children. We can fly by the seat of our pants now.

So a little update on our February flights with the crazy prices... since release day (nearly 2 weeks ago), other than the initial 10-12 seats that were sold on release day, ZERO seats have been sold since. It seems like a bit of a waiting game on both sides at this point. People are waiting and hoping for prices to drop a bit and JetBlue is waiting for people to get impatient and book at these insane prices. Gonna be interesting to watch over the next couple months.

** As an aside, for people asking if JetBlue prices tend to fluctuate, we bought our December flights last month. At the time, the return flight was approx. $205. We checked again last weekend and that flight had dropped to $126. It's since gone back up over $200. So yes, the prices do fluctuate, you just have to stay on top of it. **

So a little update on our February flights with the crazy prices... since release day (nearly 2 weeks ago), other than the initial 10-12 seats that were sold on release day, ZERO seats have been sold since.
And I wouldn't be at all surprised if those 10-12 seats were all frequent-flyer mile bookings.

I almost cried when I went onto the JB site on Sunday (flying out of Boston. Trying to go 2/24-3/3). The flights are $514 each. I looked up the info from my last trip, same dates, and the flights were exactly half the price. I'm sort of in a panic/depression that I won't be able to go. Our trip (staying at Pop) is almost $1000 more than it was two years ago (which I can understand to an extent, inflation, etc) so with the flights being so high, it's disheartening.

Even Spirit is $515. And that's without a checked bag, seat, etc so I guess that makes the JB price look like a bargain!

I did some searching for SW out of Providence and even Manchester but the prices aren't that much better due to limited flight times of nonstop flights and factoring parking and potential winter weather. Plus I live a good 5 minutes away from Logan.

I live on the South Shore, and for 20 years have always flown out of Logan. Just recently, have been flying SW out of Providence and we love it. Its a 45 minute drive for us, but worth it. Here's what I just got for this coming February: 2/24 $99 pp, and return from MCO to Providence: 3/11 $203.00 pp. Total: $302.00 RT pp. I grabbed it. Especially that 99.00 one way. Good luck, I know your frustration!

:mad:

We are flying out of Boston on 11/25 and honestly I am really nervous about the flight prices...I've been waiting it out but the cheapest I have found is $490RT which is INSANE given that there are 4 of us! We are using $1,000 in rewards points and I was hoping to not have to pay too much out of pocket.

...plus when I check the seat availability all the flights are only half full???

My only saving grace is that I did the fare compare LAST year for this years trip and around Aug. 10 the prices fell to $212RT...holding out that it happens again this year.

Did you check today? They just started a sale for the fall. Our flight is $58 each way out of bwi for sept and October. I already bought when it dropped to $63 each way a month ago. Good luck.

who does Jetblues sight still keep saying OOPS... I have tried for 3 days to check prices, and I called and they said the system was working fine. What am I doing wrong?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter