Jet Blue Sunday Release Info

I almost cried when I went onto the JB site on Sunday (flying out of Boston. Trying to go 2/24-3/3). The flights are $514 each. I looked up the info from my last trip, same dates, and the flights were exactly half the price. I'm sort of in a panic/depression that I won't be able to go. Our trip (staying at Pop) is almost $1000 more than it was two years ago (which I can understand to an extent, inflation, etc) so with the flights being so high, it's disheartening.

Even Spirit is $515. And that's without a checked bag, seat, etc so I guess that makes the JB price look like a bargain!

I did some searching for SW out of Providence and even Manchester but the prices aren't that much better due to limited flight times of nonstop flights and factoring parking and potential winter weather. Plus I live a good 5 minutes away from Logan.

:mad:

Same here. In the past we've paid around $500-600 roundtrip for these school breaks...this year April 500 each way and February is almost 400 each way. We always expect to pay more given the times, but this seems excessive! We're gonna hope & pray they fall some, but at this point if they don't then so be it because we're not even gonna pay what they are now.

Where were you flying from and what days?

Hartford to Ft. Myers. April 13-23.

I also bought for April 2017 (3/31-4/8) and never found the price to go down. next year we are going 4/19-4/28 which is the end of our spring break, and a week of taking my grandson who is special needs out of school so he will have 2 weeks off, I paid a little over 500 for each ticket with all taxes and fees and one checked bag each which was about what I paid this past April. NOW from the beginning of school vacation week it was INSANE....I would go at a different time although I know that is not an option for everyone.

I paid a little over $500 this past April. The year before I was lucky and got the google flights glitch and paid $240 ish RT on JB. And our mini van rental for the 10 days was also about $240. This year it was over $500 as well but we lucked out and upgraded for $100 for an 8 seater which they didn't have so we got a Yukon XL for no additional cost since the next biggest thing after the 8 seater had no cargo space-one beach chair would of fit. The lady at the rental place kept saying "put the seat down, your luggage will fit." Um...when we go to the beach yes there are 6 of us here now but my sister will come so that will be 7, so 7 people, 7 chairs and 2 umbrellas and a cooler would not fit. So for next year we just bit the bullet and went straight for the Yukon.

I should've booked....price went UP $60!! Ugh

Yikes! That is what happened last year after I booked.

Same here. In the past we've paid around $500-600 roundtrip for these school breaks...this year April 500 each way and February is almost 400 each way. We always expect to pay more given the times, but this seems excessive! We're gonna hope & pray they fall some, but at this point if they don't then so be it because we're not even gonna pay what they are now.

Our price didn't change from last year to this year, still outrageous! Hopefully my summer 2018 flight to Disney won't be $500 RT!

Our price didn't change from last year to this year, still outrageous! Hopefully my summer 2018 flight to Disney won't be $500 RT![/QUOTE]

Shoot I'd sign up for $500 RT right about now! Lol as of now we're looking at $800 RT ea for Feb and almost $1100 for April. We could fly to Hawaii for $1500 at the same time!! Lol just crazy. We just had a baby boy in June and had quite a year of Disney trips planned out for him....that might not be happening with airfare like this!

We're also flying out of BDL, and from what I remember from last year the prices just kept going up. I bought on Sunday, and the flights I purchased have already gone up in price.

just for the heck of it I just checked the tickets I bought on Sunday and they have already gone up over $100 for the 2 tickets over what I paid on sunday afternoon.

I fly JetBlue for almost all our vacations, and like other folks here found the Easter break fares to be in the stratosphere. Saw on another thread in this forum that Frontier released fares through April 7th. Checked their site, and even though I had to purchase Discount Den for $50, the fares were so much cheaper that I went through and bought the Discount Den and our airfares. Even with adding "the Works" to include full refundability, carry on bags, checked bags, priority boarding and the big comfy seats in front, we came out much cheaper with better day and time.

Dear JetBlue, if you are reading this, please know that because you priced so high out of the starting gate that you lost my entire family's spring break airfare for spring 2018. I have been a very loyal B6 flyer (plus my family) for many years but you did lose our business on this trip.

I fly JetBlue for almost all our vacations, and like other folks here found the Easter break fares to be in the stratosphere. Saw on another thread in this forum that Frontier released fares through April 7th. Checked their site, and even though I had to purchase Discount Den for $50, the fares were so much cheaper that I went through and bought the Discount Den and our airfares. Even with adding "the Works" to include full refundability, carry on bags, checked bags, priority boarding and the big comfy seats in front, we came out much cheaper with better day and time.

Dear JetBlue, if you are reading this, please know that because you priced so high out of the starting gate that you lost my entire family's spring break airfare for spring 2018. I have been a very loyal B6 flyer (plus my family) for many years but you did lose our business on this trip.
lost us too, second year in a row! we have been flying for YEARS during april school vacation and never paid that much. last year we chose SW for 330 roundtrip nonstop flights, guess we are not flying JB again till we see less insane prices.

anyone here ever use Spirit?? they are open for april and less. we dont use more than 1 checked bag total and only I bring a small purse, paying for assigned seats and one checked bag totals 1,531 and the times are perfect

I have never flown Spirit but from reading these boards they don't have a great reputation...just mentioning what I have read

do some research, they have a lot of added "fees"....if you put "spirit airlines" in the search box at the top some posts will come up. good luck whichever way you go :)
totally researching! Jetblue has priced us out, and the wait for southwest has me just researching all other options. We wont drive, and we are booked for our dates at BRV. We could possibly get by with only paying the assigned seats and 1 checked suitcase. the times are great, unless even in spring they cancel often. that was why I asked if anyone has flown them from our airport and can give me their opinion. Yes I keep reading crappy stuff, so will keep that all in mind in my search to get to MCO on direct nonstop flights :)

I TOTALLY forgot Jetblue's schedule opened up on Sunday for April!!! Massachusetts here.

I remembered on Tuesday: Worcester out, Prov. out, Boston out, even Hartford out. Ugh! :badpc:

I had to book Westchester, NY after looking at Newark and La Guardia and JFK. Since I hate driving in or around the city and Newark's even farther, I settled on Westchester Aiport. The others were $113 and Westchester was $117 but its worth it not to have to drive any farther. Although, Westchester HPN is only 1 hour further for us than Worcester! I think it's a bigger airport than Worcester but smaller than Providence. This will be a first for us!

I TOTALLY forgot Jetblue's schedule opened up on Sunday for April!!! Massachusetts here.

I remembered on Tuesday: Worcester out, Prov. out, Boston out, even Hartford out. Ugh! :badpc:

I had to book Westchester, NY after looking at Newark and La Guardia and JFK. Since I hate driving in or around the city and Newark's even farther, I settled on Westchester Aiport. The others were $113 and Westchester was $117 but its worth it not to have to drive any farther. Although, Westchester HPN is only 1 hour further for us than Worcester! I think it's a bigger airport than Worcester but smaller than Providence. This will be a first for us!
this is why I am looking for other airlines :( Jetblue stinks

Those prices were for one way on 4/16. We are driving back.

this is why I am looking for other airlines :( Jetblue stinks

Price wise, yes, but flying wise I think they are great!

I'm willing to drive to White Plains 'cause I had True Blue points for 1 ticket. It was cheap at 7700 points. So that's a $117 dollar savings right there and worth the 4 hour drive and one way rental car for $97. I'm breaking even basically. It's only 2 of us. If it was the whole family.... Anyway, I like to drive, just not through NYC. I'll be driving a rental car back from Florida, hopefully, as soon as the Drive-out of Florida rates come out. Last April, my rental car cost me $17 for the entire 2 weeks we were there and the drive back to Massachusetts! The tolls and gas cost more!

To be clear $17 is not a day rate. It was the entire rental car bill.

Those prices were for one way on 4/16. We are driving back.

I'm willing to drive to White Plains 'cause I had True Blue points for 1 ticket. It was cheap at 7700 points. So that's a $117 dollar savings right there and worth the 4 hour drive and one way rental car for $97. I'm breaking even basically. It's only 2 of us. If it was the whole family.... Anyway, I like to drive, just not through NYC. I'll be driving a rental car back from Florida, hopefully, as soon as the Drive-out of Florida rates come out. Last April, my rental car cost me $17 for the entire 2 weeks we were there and the drive back to Massachusetts! The tolls and gas cost more!

To be clear $17 is not a day rate. It was the entire rental car bill.
agree we flew them years and years in a row for our spring trips, just looking like for a second year in a row we are priced out. used to be 4 of us flying and now one son in college we are 3, but the flights were LESS for same week flying 4 of us april 2015 :( keeping my eyes open now!

agree with this 100%....If April becomes out of our price range we will travel at another time. I am fortunate that I can take my vacation whenever and my grandson being special needs does not have to do the MCAS testing so I have no 2nd thoughts about taking him out of school to go to Disney. Unfortunately not everyone has this option.

totally researching! Jetblue has priced us out, and the wait for southwest has me just researching all other options. We wont drive, and we are booked for our dates at BRV. We could possibly get by with only paying the assigned seats and 1 checked suitcase. the times are great, unless even in spring they cancel often. that was why I asked if anyone has flown them from our airport and can give me their opinion. Yes I keep reading crappy stuff, so will keep that all in mind in my search to get to MCO on direct nonstop flights :)

I flew Spirit for the 1st time this past February Boston to Fort Meyers. I was very anxious due to all the mixed reviews and I did a lot of research. I do believe a lot of the bad reviews out there (about the prices and the flight in general) are from people who maybe did not research. Are the seats small? Yes but I've sat in smaller seats on AA. I'm 5'9" and "plus sized", I'm solid and carry most of my weight in my butt (unfortunately!) and the seat was average width wise, it was just snug pitch wise (but not unbearable). I paid some extra money to have an aisle seat and I was able to put the armrest up.

Yes you have to pay for everything, even water but the prices for the snack boxes weren't more expensive than any other airline and obviously you can bring your own food and drink.

I paid to check a bag. The only thing I did NOT like about checking in (well aside from having to pay) is the weight limit. It's only 40 while I think Jetblue and most other airlines is 50. I am a terrible packer so this was a hard one for me but I just made it with 38 lbs. lol You can bring a free "personal item" and it has to fit into their test box at check in. It's bigger than it seems. I bought a duffle bag on Amazon that was designed to fit (there are tons of them. Also tons of youtube videos with packing tips), I had that thing packed to the gills and it was still smaller than the test box.

So it is what it is. If after all the fees, the price is a lot cheaper than any other airline, I would consider it. (depending on how long your flight is. if it's a longer one, it may not be ideal. Also, i don't think Spirit has the bonus of being able to check in for your departing flight at WDW hotels like other airlines). Unfortunately, for my trip, it's even more expensive than Jetblue which I didn't think was possible!

I just priced my trip april 19-28 on spirit airlines bare fare non stop and their price was actually more than my jetblue cost for these same dates. I was just curious about their fares. and I bought jetblue fare that includes one bag each

agree with this 100%....If April becomes out of our price range we will travel at another time. I am fortunate that I can take my vacation whenever and my grandson being special needs does not have to do the MCAS testing so I have no 2nd thoughts about taking him out of school to go to Disney. Unfortunately not everyone has this option.
nope we cant travel at another time, our son also has Autism and cant miss school, he freaks it he gets sick and misses a day. he prefers to know that he isnt missing school and can relax. he still has to take MCAS so thats a whole bunch of stress too. We have been going this time of year since our oldest was 10 months old, and he is now 19 and in college. Luke has 2 more years of High school then we can go back to our original first week of may trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter