Jet Blue Sunday Release Info

We fly out of Syracuse, NY, which is about an hour away from me. It's the closest airport that has JetBlue
We are flying out of Syracuse too. My other option is Allegiant out of Ogdensburg but I'm so afraid of the flight being cancelled due to weather and they only fly Wendesdays and Saturdays

Do Jet Blue's flight prices fluctuate much? I'm disappointed with how much they are! However, we love the direct flight, so I want to book if this is the price it will stay at.

They didn't this past April, we paid about $540 and I bought them on release day. This year a little less but still $500+. 2 yrs ago we got lucky with the google flights (2016 trip) and paid $240 RT Easter week.

We'll drive from RI before paying these prices. We could fly to Europe cheaper.

I thought about that too-we live in CT by the CT River/shoreline, but right now we'd rather pay then be tired since we do the drive in 2 long days.

I never buy on release. We always wait. However we don't travel during holidays. During the release for fall 2016 the prices were $200 each way. I just bought those tickets 2 weeks ago for this September and paid $63 each way. Same for my October trip. I only check out the times on release day. I'm no expert but do fly JetBlue about 12 flights a year so do this a lot. Good luck all. I'll probably not be buying my feb tickets until nov/dec. haven't even thought about that April tix yet. But the May times suck so will be looking at SW home.

Last edited:
I never buy on release. We always wait. However we don't travel during holidays. During the release for fall 2016 the prices were $200 each way. I just bought those tickets 2 weeks ago for this September and paid $63 each way. Same for my October trip. I only check out the times on release day. I'm no expert but do fly JetBlue about 12 flights a year so do this a lot. Good luck all. I'll probably not be buying my feb tickets until nov/dec. haven't even thought about that April tix yet. But the May times suck so will be looking at SW home.

We're planning on doing the same. These prices they released yesterday are outrageous (school breaks or not!). We fly at these times every year since my wife is a teacher (Prez Day weekend and Easter break) and we've NEVER paid this much for flights. We always know we're gonna pay more for these times, but not like this. These are "2 weeks before the flight" type prices, not 7 months before the flight! In the past we've never booked this far out anyway and always found more reasonable prices, so hopefully this year will be the same!

Do Jet Blue's flight prices fluctuate much? I'm disappointed with how much they are! However, we love the direct flight, so I want to book if this is the price it will stay at.

We've found they do in our past experiences and w only fly JetBlue. As far as these prices, they're insane.My wife's a teacher so we fly at these school break times every year. They're always more expensive, which is fine and expected, but not like this! In the past we've always booked a little closer (def not release day) to the dates and gotten better prices than this so we're gonna just try to wait it out and hope for the best. Just gotta keep checking and grab a decent price when you see it. Good luck!

Direct is not the same as non stop. Be sure you are looking at the correct type of flight. Direct makes a stop but you do not change planes. Non stop goes straight to your destination.

Denise

I think whether the price will fluctuate depends on where your home airport is and how much competition. We fly out of smaller airports over spring break and our price has never dropped from release day on Jetblue. We fly out of ALB, BDL and BTV.

I'm hoping to fly from Boston to Florida during April vacation week in 2018. I checked JB on release day and the prices were well into gouging territory. Over $1200 per person!! That is absolutely insane. I am picking the "best" days (Saturday Apr 14-Saturday Apr 21), but other nearby days weren't much different.

I checked Delta, and it has similar prices as well. These are all nonstop flights I'm looking at.

I'm worried we won't be able to go. The pricing is just absurd. It is almost four times the price what it would be off peak. I was fully prepared and expecting to pay double... but not 4X!!!!!

I think whether the price will fluctuate depends on where your home airport is and how much competition. We fly out of smaller airports over spring break and our price has never dropped from release day on Jetblue. We fly out of ALB, BDL and BTV.

I don't even know that that's true to be honest because we fly out of relatively "small" airports in NY also and we always see plenty of fluctuation in ticket prices. I don't know. I guess we'll have to just hope for the best and hopefully these insane prices drop some.

We've found they do in our past experiences and w only fly JetBlue. As far as these prices, they're insane.My wife's a teacher so we fly at these school break times every year. They're always more expensive, which is fine and expected, but not like this! In the past we've always booked a little closer (def not release day) to the dates and gotten better prices than this so we're gonna just try to wait it out and hope for the best. Just gotta keep checking and grab a decent price when you see it. Good luck!

When I bought for April 2017 on release day I continued to check up until we flew and the prices kept going up up up. So I was thankful to be paying that $500+ vs the $700. Better then driving!

When I bought for April 2017 on release day I continued to check up until we flew and the prices kept going up up up. So I was thankful to be paying that $500+ vs the $700. Better then driving!
Where were you flying from and what days?

I cant believe how much the flights out of JFK are for Easter break! Its $2000+ for 2 adults and a lap infant. I paid half that when we went this past June. I thought Id wait and see if the prices would go down a bit and now the flight time we wanted to take home went UP $65 per person.

I already bought tix on American for April 14-21 out of BDL. I just looked at Jet Blue in hopes that I wouldn't regret having bought early with American. Boy am I relieved. Jet Blue direct lowest 539 from Hartford, 800+ from Boston. Ouchies. My American tix were 378 each. I'll take it. Hope SW ends up good for all of you!!

I cant believe how much the flights out of JFK are for Easter break! Its $2000+ for 2 adults and a lap infant. I paid half that when we went this past June. I thought Id wait and see if the prices would go down a bit and now the flight time we wanted to take home went UP $65 per person.
Be sure to do private browsing and/or clear all your cookies etc. There website will recognize you and increase the price to scare you into purchasing.

I also bought for April 2017 (3/31-4/8) and never found the price to go down. next year we are going 4/19-4/28 which is the end of our spring break, and a week of taking my grandson who is special needs out of school so he will have 2 weeks off, I paid a little over 500 for each ticket with all taxes and fees and one checked bag each which was about what I paid this past April. NOW from the beginning of school vacation week it was INSANE....I would go at a different time although I know that is not an option for everyone.

Be sure to do private browsing and/or clear all your cookies etc. There website will recognize you and increase the price to scare you into purchasing.

I have cleared cookies, used different devices etc & never had the price change. When I have caught price drops, it has never been after doing any of those things. Last Thursday, I caught a drop on SW from 202 to $86 and used the "recent searches" function when I got it. I think that is one of those things that used to work, but not as important anymore. Like the advice to check at midnight on a Tuesday. Of all the price drops I've gotten, none of them has ever been on a Tuesday. It can't hurt to do those things of course. I just don't think they help much either.

I almost cried when I went onto the JB site on Sunday (flying out of Boston. Trying to go 2/24-3/3). The flights are $514 each. I looked up the info from my last trip, same dates, and the flights were exactly half the price. I'm sort of in a panic/depression that I won't be able to go. Our trip (staying at Pop) is almost $1000 more than it was two years ago (which I can understand to an extent, inflation, etc) so with the flights being so high, it's disheartening.

Even Spirit is $515. And that's without a checked bag, seat, etc so I guess that makes the JB price look like a bargain!

I did some searching for SW out of Providence and even Manchester but the prices aren't that much better due to limited flight times of nonstop flights and factoring parking and potential winter weather. Plus I live a good 5 minutes away from Logan.

:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!