Is there no Water Ice in WDW?

Water Ice, Italian ice, granita and sorbet are regional and mostly the only difference is the amount of suger. More suger gives a softer feel.

Agree though Disney needs more wooder ice 😉 and porkroll

....and scrapple 🤣

Shaved ice is plain unflavored ice that they pour syrup over. KakiGori or snow cones are that. It's also typically much coarser and crunchier.

Actual shaved ice (or shave ice) is not coarse or crunchy. Kaki gori used to be shaved ice, now it's coarse (crushed ice) like a snow cone which is not nearly as good.

This is wonderful:
20190123_173153_resized.jpg

HAHAH I personally hate it - i've never actually had it but you couldn't pay me to eat it.

But there is a cult following up here....
I hear ya, and I guess I should humbly apologize if I've offended anyone. That was definitely NOT my intention! I don't like Taylor ham/pork roll either.

I stand corrected. Though it is still plain ice with syrup poured over it, right? That's the big difference between that and water ice or Italian ice.

Yes, that's still true. Just wanted to point out that shaved ice is far superior to the crushed ice snow cone type. I was super disappointed when Kaki Gori changed from shaved to crushed, it's just not nearly as good. The syrup mixes in so much better with fine shaved ice.

You can keep Rita's it's like a box store, for me it's John's at 7th and Christian.,since 1957.
Yeah, I don't care for Rita's either. It's not real Philly water ice. We live in NJ and have a few good places near us. Diane's in Voorhees is one of the best.

We have something called Polish Water down the shore here in Wildwood and Seaside.

It's really good! And they offer those tiny spoons to give samples :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter