I voted yesterday... No Political statements just asking about the method you chose on casting your ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in Massachusetts and in recent elections have usually opted for voting early in person. My local Election Day polling place is walking distance from my house and closer than City Hall where all the early voting takes place so now that I am working from home, voting on Election Day up the street is easier than early voting so that is my plan.

Michigan - Dropping off my absentee ballot at town hall this week at some point.

Every previous election I would print a sample ballot and mark it up at home anyways so this doesn't feel different. Just a time savings from not having to wait in line.

Ohio

I dropped off my absentee ballot (and DD20's) last week at the drop box at the Board of Elections in my county. A couple of days later I got a text saying that they had been accepted. Easy peasy. I won't ever wait in line to vote again. When I dropped off our ballots, there were people in line to early vote and the line stretched out around the building. So glad that I didn't choose to wait in that!

NJ....DH brought his to the city hall drop box today. I have not decided, drop off or mail. No in person.

My BFF has been working at her township polling spot now for about 3-4 years. I don't want to judge her at all but I think it rather "cute" (I know there are different words I could have used!! ;) ) that she plans on working at her Township Hall on November 3rd but her and her DH mailed in their ballots a couple of weeks ago. :)
Not 'cute', practical. Why should you judge her? I have been an election worker for 20+ years. I voted by mail just in case I am in the hospital with covid on election day, or am sick and can't work. Need to get that vote in! I worry about many of my workers, who are age 80+.

Just a side note. I can remember election day when I was a little girl. My grandpa would get dressed in his finest suit just to go to the poll to vote and he would stay at the poll throughout the day talking to friends. He knew how precious our voting rights are.
I have always enjoyed working the elections. I get to see many of my neighbors that I only see twice a year. It is a bit of neighborhood party. I am NOT looking forward to this year - long lines, masks, new voting system to explain, dealing with problems like those who got mail ballots and try to come in and vote again. Sad that my last election here will be this one, planning to move next spring.

Not 'cute', practical. Why should you judge her? I have been an election worker for 20+ years. I voted by mail just in case I am in the hospital with covid on election day, or am sick and can't work. Need to get that vote in! I worry about many of my workers, who are age 80+.

Not judging her at all. :goodvibes

Virginia - will be voting in person at a Middle School a couple miles from home, and see if that little old lady is there recording the ballots like she is every election... it's been 15 years that I've lived here and vote in every election from general to dog catcher primary, and I walk in and yep there she is. So now it's nice to say "hello yet again" every time and she always smiles.

Not a fan of either candidate so sitting this one out.

Sorry, I do not understand this logic.

Not everything on one's ballot is strictly about who the president is. This time around for me it's also about Judges, the one question about alcohol sales, county commissioner (which is actually going to be a very important vote this time around), State rep for my district (also very important), Senator and more.

There’s more than just the president on the ballot. There could be senate, governor, judges, attorneys, city council, board of education on there too.

I completely agree. Voting is a right and IMO, a civic duty. I vote every year, not just in presidential elections. Very often the state and local races have influence over your day-to-day life more than the national ones. Except where I live, the school board is a separate election in May and I still vote for that too, even though I no longer have kids in school, because it affects our property taxes.

What also amazes me is the amount of people who are just now registering to vote. Not just the young people/18-year-olds but people who have never voted due to lack of interest. Though I am glad to see the significant increase in registrations and voter turnout, which looks to break all previous records.

Sorry, I do not understand this logic.
It's not me, but I understand.

Voting is a right -- not a requirement. We have just as much right to NOT vote as we have to vote.

I agree with a PP that if you don't vote, you have no right to complain.

I also want my voice heard in every election, no matter how local or how trivial. So I vote every opportunity I have, but not everyone shares my personal point of view...nor are they required to.

In NH we only have 2 options, in person on election day, or absentee ballot. The state did expand absentee eligibility to include "Covid concerns. I had fully intended to vote in person on election day, but I work for a school system and we have had a sudden appearance of Covid cases in the district. My likelihood of being quarantined in time for the election has skyrocketed, so I went to town hall today, requested my absentee ballot, filled it out and turned it back in.

Indiana. I will vote in person on Nov. 3rd. Only specific folks can get a mail in "absentee" ballot. I kind of like going on the official day. I found that on our early June primary, people were following the rules about masks and 6 feet of distance. I used my hand sanitizer before and after I went into the "booth."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter