I voted yesterday... No Political statements just asking about the method you chose on casting your ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colorado is all vote-by-mail. We normally vote, and take our ballot to the dropbox at the DMV which is about a mile away from our house. Which is what we did on Sunday. Got the email notification that my ballot was accepted for counting on Monday.

We do have some locations that are available for people who want to vote in person. Early voting opened yesterday for that purpose. DH went to the library to pick up some items he had requested and found out that they were only doing curbside pickup (glad he had put stuff on hold) because the interior of the library was being dedicated to early voting. No people browsing for books.

Just a side note. I can remember election day when I was a little girl. My grandpa would get dressed in his finest suit just to go to the poll to vote and he would stay at the poll throughout the day talking to friends. He knew how precious our voting rights are.
My parents worked the polls every single election, your grandfather should’ve signed up, they are always desperate to get workers (plus they get free coffee, pizza and donuts).

I had an absentee ballot I dropped off, but NY is already a blue state & I'm not worried about my ballot. If I was in a swing/purple state, I'd be sure to vote in person.

Georgia. Put my absentee ballot in a drop box the weekend before last. This thread reminded me to check it’s status — it’s been officially accepted. I’ve been impressed by the ease of voting here in North Atlanta. One of the first states to open early voting and, outside of Election Day itself, we can use any voting location or drop box in the county (of which there are a plethora of both).

My parents worked the polls every single election, your grandfather should’ve signed up, they are always desperate to get workers (plus they get free coffee, pizza and donuts).

My BFF has been working at her township polling spot now for about 3-4 years. I don't want to judge her at all but I think it rather "cute" (I know there are different words I could have used!! ;) ) that she plans on working at her Township Hall on November 3rd but her and her DH mailed in their ballots a couple of weeks ago. :)

Arizona.

I‘ve only ever voted by mail; I can’t imagine voting any other way. This year, I voted Oct. 12 by mail, and my ballot was received and accepted on Oct. 15.

North Carolina

Mail in ballot that I delivered to the county election commission office. The next day it showed up on the received list.

California and this year all three of us are using mail in ballots that I will be dropping off at the drop box at our local government center, today actually. Hubby travels for work so he has always had a mail-in ballot, DD signed up with mail in when she registered in 2016. I usually drop their ballots off when I voted in person but this year since I got a mail in ballot, I'm doing the same as they are just dropping them off earlier than usual.

FL by mail two weeks ago. Put ballot in drop box in front of the Supervisor of Elections building. An employee is stationed near the ballot drop box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter