I voted yesterday... No Political statements just asking about the method you chose on casting your ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
NO Political Reference's, Innuendos, side bar snide remarks... NO discussion on the candidates either way...
This is just to see how other folks across our great nation, decided on which method they choose to cast their ballot.

Early voting opened early in Florida yesterday, and I went in person to vote, 3 hours 30 minutes to cast my ballot, and see the words your vote has been counted... Yay.. DH took his ballot to the supervisor of elections office, very close to where he works, he wanted to vote in person but working in essential service, he doesn't have time to do it, so he did it with the drop off... Yay.. so we are all done...

Everyone was very nice, standing in line, talking, and passing the time... and most of all everyone was respectful to each other... Everyone was wearing mask, and social distancing... For the most part I think people where prepared ahead of time, and knew the ballot, and were ready to vote...

What State do you live in...

Have you voted yet? method you choose to vote?

If you haven't voted yet.... what method are you going to use?...

Update 10 /23 - DH voted by dropping his ballot off, he got confirmation, on Early Wednesday morning.. so just under 48 hours..

DD voted yesterday... In a different county than we live in, she waited 15 minutes...

My parents voted by mail, and received confirmation a week later...

Last edited:

I've been voting in Ireland since I turned 18 and the American systems intrigue me. As far as I know, in Ireland we only have in person on the election day voting or absentee mail in voting. I have always done on the day in person voting and we don't have the huge lines at polling stations. We still have paper and pen, mark an X beside the candidates name and photo, and then put the piece of paper in the box.

Seeing all the different ways in America is really interesting :)

NC - voted yesterday in person. They gave each person a pen no one had touched (held in plastic until I grabbed it) which was used to sign in, then the other end was a rubber knob used as a stylus so we didn’t have to touch the machine. :) Took about 25 minutes once in line and everyone was spaced out and wearing masks.

FLORIDA (Miami)

Turned in our (mine, DW, DD18) mail ballots at an Early Voting site yesterday. Very short line for drop-off. About 1 block distanced nicely for in-person at 2 PM.

Turning in all 3 ballots only took about 10 minutes max. Easy and auick.

Plan to go this weekend for early voting. If there’s a long line, may try another day. This is only the second year we’ve had the option to vote early in NY and it’s great. Before last year, you could only vote in person on Election Day or by absentee ballot.

I do miss the old mechanical voting machines with curtains. Feeding a piece of paper into a scanner is not nearly as satisfying. :rolleyes:

I did mail in voting, but I dropped the ballot at the drop box last week instead of mailing it. I can see online that it has been accepted.

I'm in MA. In previous years I've never had to wait long to vote in person, though I moved one town over in the past year so I'm not sure how it usually goes in my current town (there's just the one polling place at Town Hall, I know that much).

NO Political Reference's, Innuendos, side bar snide remarks... NO discussion on the candidates either way...
This is just to see how other folks across our great nation, decided on which method they choose to cast their ballot.

Early voting opened early in Florida yesterday, and I went in person to vote, 3 hours 30 minutes to cast my ballot, and see the words your vote has been counted... Yay.. DH took his ballot to the supervisor of elections office, very close to where he works, he wanted to vote in person but working in essential service, he doesn't have time to do it, so he did it with the drop off... Yay.. so we are all done...

Everyone was very nice, standing in line, talking, and passing the time... and most of all everyone was respectful to each other... Everyone was wearing mask, and social distancing... For the most part I think people where prepared ahead of time, and knew the ballot, and were ready to vote...

What State do you live in...

Have you voted yet? method you choose to vote?

If you haven't voted yet.... what method are you going to use?...

Florida
We did mail in voting. Ballot took 2 days to go from the post office to the balloting center; was counted sometime a few days after (I checked until it registered as arrived, then forgot about it for a week, remembered to check and found it counted).

I've been doing mail in voting for...geez, maybe 12 years now? DH was doing in person voting until this year, then switched to receiving mail in ballots, simply because of Covid.

My girls and their spouses are going to either hit early voting this weekend or going on election day, depending on their schedules. DS is only 17, so can't do it yet.

I've been voting in Ireland since I turned 18 and the American systems intrigue me. As far as I know, in Ireland we only have in person on the election day voting or absentee mail in voting. I have always done on the day in person voting and we don't have the huge lines at polling stations. We still have paper and pen, mark an X beside the candidates name and photo, and then put the piece of paper in the box.

Seeing all the different ways in America is really interesting :)
Same here in Canada. There will be two separate days prior to Election Day when in-person voting can be done at very carefully scrutinized “Advance Polls”. Mail-in ballots are only provided for citizens that can prove they are physically absent from their polling region. All votes are manual, an X on a paper ballot and they are all manually counted at once on Election Night as soon as the polls close at 8:00 pm. Results begin to be announced as soon as the last polls close on the West Coast, a full 3 hours later than in the East. Then you wait, glued to the TV to see the numbers roll in. popcorn::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter